Dreaming of Sunsets

Chapter 17

Image

Image

It's been a few weeks now, and I went back to the doctor's. He said my eyes were healed, but they would be sensitive for a while, especially to the light. So I still had to wear sunglasses for most of the time.

"How does it feel to be able to see again?" Zacky asked as we drove home.

I shrugged. "It's like I was just asleep for a few months. I'm glad it wasn't years." Maybe this was just all a dream. I wasn’t going to be able to get used to this again for a while.

He took his hand in mine. "Me too. Another plus is that you can continue with your photography."

"Maybe..."

"What do you mean maybe?"

I sighed, running my fingers through my hair. "I don't know, Zacky. Can we just drop it?"

"Okay, okay I'm sorry." The rest of the ride home was silent except for the music flowing through the speakers.

When we pulled up to the house, I noticed everyone’s cars were here. Oh joy

"We're back!" Zacky called.

"Finally!" And now enter Jimmy... "How many fingers am I holding up?" He asked, holding up his left hand.

I gave him a blank look. "Jimmy."

"What color is my hair?"

"Jimmy..."

"What's my name."

I threw my hands in the air. "Jimmy!"

He laughed, pulling me into his arms. "It's a miracle!"

"You are so strange," I said, shaking my head.

"That's what makes me Jimmy!"

"You got that right." We all laughed and shook our heads. "Okay, come on, time to get ready," Val said, grabbing my hand and dragging me up to my room.

"Get ready for what?" I asked confused.

"The party."

"What party..." I was going to kill my brother.

"Yours!" She said, smiling. I groaned, not liking the sound of this. "Oh, come on! It's not going to be bad."

"Fine..."

We spent the next few hours getting ready. When she had just finished up with my make up, there was a knock on the door. "Come in!"

We both looked to see Brian. "I'll leave you two," Val said, smirking.

She's up to something... But then again, when isn't she up to something?

Brian sat on the edge of my bed as I stood up and walked over to him. "What's up?"

He put his hands on my hips and pulled me so I was standing between his legs. "I want to take you somewhere real quick. We'll be back in time for the party."

"There's no rush," I said, smiling innocently.

"You know you want to go to the party," he said, smirking.

"Shut up, Haner," I muttered, pouting.

"Make me, Baker," he taunted.

"I just may do that." I smirked, running my fingers through his hair. He purred and rest his head between my boobs. He always loves when I play with his hair; plus it got him to shut up...

"Damn you," he grumbled.

I laughed and pulled away. "Now, where did you want to go?"

He smiled, pulling a bandanna from his pocket. "It's a surprise."

I crossed my arms over my chest. "I just get my eye sight back and now you want to take it away?"

He pouted. "No! It's just for a few minutes."

"Alright." He grinned and turned me around.

After being blind folded, having ear pugs put in my ears and him picking me up, we were on our way. I just wish I knew where that was...

A little while later, he sat me down on my feet. I took out the ear plugs as he took off the blind fold. I gasped when I saw where we were.

"Is it as you remembered?" He whispered.

"Exactly." I looked at all the beautiful colors as the light made the water sparkle and glow.

"It's still second best to me, though," he said, cupping my cheek with his hand. I looked up at him with questioning eyes. "You'll always be the most beautiful thing to me," he said, stroking my cheek and looking lovingly into my eyes. "Especially those gorgeous orbs. I can never get enough of them.

I looked away from him. "They're not even their original color anymore." I was ashamed of them.

"No, they have a new feature to them, though. It's a mix which is still beautiful." He turned my face back to look at him. "Come on, let's watch the sunset." He sat down, then had me sit between his legs. I lay back into him as he wrapped his arms around me.

For the first time in a long time, I felt at peace. Just sitting here in his arms made me feel at ease. It was comfortable and calming.

I felt him lay his chin on my shoulder as his hands ran over my stomach and the tops of my thighs. "I love you," he murmured, kissing my neck gently.

"I love you, too."

"Sen." He pulled me up and sat me on his lap so I was facing him. "I know I've already asked you this, but now I want to do it properly." He pulled something out of his pocket. "Please don't ever leave me. I don't think I'd ever be able to handle it. Be mine until the end of time?" He held up the beautiful ring.

"You were always the rhymer." I smiled, before kissing him softly. "Yes, I'll be yours, only if you'll be mine."

"That's not a problem." He smiled as he slipped the ring onto my finger.

"How the hell did you afford this?" I asked, still gawking at it.

"It's not much, but I plan to buy you a better one once we're rich and famous."

"I could care less if I had a ring or not, Bri. Just being with you is enough." I lay my head on his shoulder as he wrapped his arms around me and held me close.

After a while of silence, he broke it. "You remember when you asked me why I was with you?" He asked me softly.

"Please don't bring that up, Bri..." I mumbled, closing my eyes.

"It's nothing bad, I promise."

I sighed. "Yes, I remember. Why?"

"Because, Sen. You were always there, no matter how much of an ass I was, you still cared. Yeah, you might have been hurt, but you didn't give up. Even when you couldn't see, you still saw the real me. When I was acting like the total opposite of me, you saw past it. There aren't many girls out there like you, Sen, if at all. I'm lucky that I got you, and I'm not letting you go."

I looked into his eyes and saw pure love. "I'm sorry I'm so insecure, Bri."

"Don't worry, Baby. I'm going to help you with that." He smiled, stroking my cheek.

"Oh really?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yep." He molded his lips to mine again, and we just got lost in the moment with each other.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Clothes

I got three comments from madasrabbits101, Angel Devastation, autumnfreakshow on the last update that I just put up a few hours ago. So, I thought I'd update again! :) Thanks, guys!

What do you think Brian's going to do to help Sen come out of her shell? Tell me in a comment!

Also! You should listen to Love Like Crazy by Lee Brice. It fits this chapter.