Dreaming of Sunsets

Chapter 26

Image

Image

A little bit later, the doctor had asked to talk to me alone. I nodded and told Brian I would be back in a little it, and that I would send one of the guys in.

"Mrs. Haner, I've been trying to piece this all together. Your husband was brought in by a woman that claimed he was in a motorcycle accident."

I nodded. "And?"

"Well, by looking at his over all injuries," he stopped and sighed. "I just don't see how it's possible that he was in an accident. If that was the case, he would have broken bones, not minor fractured ones. He would also have some sort of road rash. The one thing that is making me so skeptical of this, is he has a bump on his head, something he wouldn't have if he was wearing a helmet. He swears he was, but he keeps saying that he can't remember anything of the crash."

My mind was spinning. What was he trying to say?

"Mrs. Haner, does your husband have any enemies?" He finally asked.

I thought about it, before slowly shaking my head. "Not that I can think of," I mumbled.

"Do you maybe have anyone who could possibly want to harm you?"

Then it clicked. It didn't take long for me to start seeing red. "She's dead," I hissed, before practically running towards the waiting room. I spotted her sitting next to Papa, who didn't seem too enthused to have her here. "I'm going to fucking kill you," I growled, before lunging at her. I didn't get even close to her, though, since someone decided to grab me. I looked back and saw that it was Jimmy. "If you know what's good for you, you'll let me go," I said dangerously low.

"I never think of what‘s good for me," he said back. So I started to struggle, trying to get out of his grasp.

"It wasn't an accident, was it, Michelle?!" I spat at her, as she cautiously stood up, eying me. "You fucking did something to him!"

"Wow, Sen, what's gotten into you?" Zack asked, trying to calm me down. "None of us really care for her, but you're throwing some pretty big accusations."

"The fucking doctor is questioning things, Zack! He's saying that with Brian's injuries, it isn't possible that he was in an accident!" Everyone went still, not knowing what to say or think. "You did something to him to get back at me!" I yelled at Michelle, continuing to glare daggers.

"I don't know what you're saying. You're a fucking crazy bitch." She spat.

That just made me struggle even more. "You're in no position to talk, Michelle," Val growled at her twin.

"Go ask the doctor for yourself!" I was still struggling to get away from Jimmy, but it was no use. All of my energy was soon fading, but I wasn't going down with out a fight.

"I'll be back," Matt said, walking off to do just that.

"She doesn't know what she's saying. She's just trying to blame this on me, when she knows it's her fault that he left in the first place!"

I instantly stopped struggling in Jimmy's arms and went limp. "That doesn't concern you," I said just above a whisper.

She smirked, knowing she found a weak spot. "Oh, poor little Sen doesn't want to give her husband kids because she's selfish. So who does he go running to?"

"Michelle, stop," Zacky growled.

"You don't know anything, Michelle!" I yelled, tears starting to brim my eyes.

"I know that all he wants is kids, and you can't even give him that. How pathetic," she scoffed.

Jimmy finally let go of me, as I gave him one last shove. He knew Michelle had gone too far now, and was just going to stay back. "For your information, I've actually been off the pill for the last month and a half, and mostly likely am pregnant. So you can just go to hell." I turned around, but stopped. I didn't even think as I turned back to her and threw her a good punch. Everyone was standing there in shock at what I had just said, and didn't bother in paying her any mind.

Yes, I had kept telling Brian that I wasn't going to stop taking the pill because I wasn't ready. But, in all truth, I finally got the courage up to stop taking them. I wanted to surprise him though.

"Sen," Zacky said softly, pulling me out of my trance. He pulled me into his arms as soon as he saw my eyes beginning to water. "Are you..." He trailed off, knowing I would catch on.

I shrugged. "I don't know," I mumbled into his chest. "It takes a little while for the pill to get out of your system, then a few weeks to be able to take a test."

He nodded. "Do you want me to take you to the doctors for a check up soon?"

I smiled, hugging him even tighter. I loved my brother. He would do anything for me, even sitting in a gynecologist's office.

"Sen." I pulled away from Zacky to look over at Matt. "The doctor wants to talk to you and Brian together."

"Okay." I gave Zack a final hug before walking back to the room. I smiled softly to Brian as I walked over and kissed his forehead.

"Alright, Mr. Haner. I want you to tell me everything you can remember from last night," the doctor said after shutting the door.

Brian sighed. "Well... Sen and I had gotten into a fight. I stormed out, not wanting to let me steam out on her." He stopped, taking my hand and rubbing his thumb over the top soothingly. "Then, I went to the beach because it's a place where I can usually calm myself. I ran into Michelle there after a little while. She said Val had left something of her's there and asked if I could take it back to her since she would be going out of town for a while. I didn't think anything of it." He shook his head, frowning. "I don't remember much after that."

The doctor nodded, while thinking. "Were you in her house?"

Brian thought for a few minutes. "It's kind of hazy, but yeah, I think so."

"Mr. Haner, I don't think you were in an accident, to tell you the truth. If you're being truthful about always wearing your helmet while riding, then there's no way you could have gotten that bump on your head with the way it is."

Brian frowned. "What are you saying?"

The doctor sighed. "I'm saying, I think you either fell down the stairs, or you were pushed. I've only seen injuries like this with those kind of cases," he said grimly.

"But, she wouldn't..." Brian looked between the doctor and I. "Would she?" He finally asked me.

I nodded sadly. "It all fits, Bri. She would do it because she's a psycho and is pissed at you for choosing me. Pretty childish, actually."

"There's no need for you to stay in the hospital any longer, Mr. Haner. I just wanted to see if we could clear things up. I can get a police report started, if you wish."

Brian shook his head. "It's alright. If she tries anything else, then we'll do something." I looked at him with wide eyes. "It's okay," he told me softly, kissing my hand.

"I do advise you to stay clear of her as much as possible then," the doctor said. "I'll start your release papers. Just make sure to take it easy these next few weeks."

Brian nodded as the doctor left. "Bri, what if she does try something again? Why not file the report right now?" I asked, looking at him like he was crazy.

"Because, Sen. I don't remember everything fully and they can think I'm bullshitting."

"But with what the doctor said-"

He cut me off. "It'll be fine, Baby. I promise." I sighed, laying my head back down on his chest. "I'm sorry," he said softly after a few minutes.

"For what?" I asked, confused.

"For getting so upset at you and storming off. That was a jackass move."

I smiled softly. "It's okay."

How was I going to keep this from him? I really wanted to surprise him, but I was scared shit less at the same time. Hopefully it won't take too long to find out...

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
So I totally just changed my own plans for this story. Haha. But it fits better!

By the way, just in case, I hope you guys know I don't hate Michelle. It's just for the story. That goes for all my stories. I don't know any of the girls personally, but this is fiction so I can write them any way I want. I just can't make Val the bitch in any of my stories... or Leanna... Idk why. Lol. Anyways... Comment?