Dreaming of Sunsets

Chapter 29

Image

Image

I woke up to a slight breeze on my stomach and someone talking. Pushing the sleep aside, I tried to roll on my side, but I was stopped.

"Baby, baby, baby." I lifted my head and saw Brian laying there, rubbing my stomach and talking to it.

"Bri, what are you doing?" I asked, trying not to laugh.

"I'm talking to the baby," he said, a shit eating grin on his face.

"You're such a dork," I said, shaking my head.

"What? I just want to let the baby know that I'm here."

"Okay, Babe." I nodded, laughing.

"Don't laugh at me." He started crawling up to hover above me. "So, Momma, what are we doing today?" He leaned his head down and started leaving a trail of kisses on my neck.

"Hmm, I think we should just lay in bed all day," I said, wrapping my arms around his neck and bending my knees so that he was cradled between my hips.

"I like your idea." He smirked into my neck and rotated his hips into mine.

A few hours later, and we were up and about. It was a good day so far and we wanted to keep ti that way. "Do you want to go out to eat breakfast, or find something here?" Bri asked.

"Let's go out, we haven't gone out for breakfast in a long time."

"Alright, sounds good to me." He took my hand and walked me out to the car.

We headed to a little dinner on the beach. It was our favorite place to go, especially when we wanted to get away from everything. "I still can't believe this is happening," Bri said, still smirking.

"Me either."

He frowned. "How are you really feeling about this, Sen? I mean, are you actually happy?"

"Yes, I'm happy. I just can't help but..."

"Worry?" I nodded, looking down at the table. "That's okay, Sen. It's natural to be worried, especially in your case." He moved so he was sitting right next to me. "But you know what? I know for a face that you're going to be a great mother. I have no doubt about that." He kissed the top of my head. "It will all be perfectly fine."

After we finished eating, we decided to go sit on the beach. It was pretty warm for December, so we didn't have to worry about it being too cold. It felt nice, sitting on the beach in Brian's arms. Things seemed so calm and perfect, though I knew they wouldn't always stay like that. I wasn't prepared for the rough patched yet, but something told me that we would get through them.

"I think Jimmy said something about having a little gathering today. For why, I have no idea."

I laughed lightly. "It's Jimmy, he never needs a reason for a party."

"Oh, but it's not a party. It's just a gathering." Be the look on his face, I knew he was mocking our dear friend.

"Well, it will be interesting either way."

"That it will," Brian laughed as he helped me up. He pulled me into his arms and pressed a kiss to my lips. "I love you so much, Sendra," he whispered against my lips.

"I love you too, Bri. I don't know how I got so lucky with you."

He smirked, shaking his head. "I'm the lucky one. I'm lucky you put up with my shit and still stuck around."

"Someone has to," I said, shrugging.

"Oh so funny." He rolled his eyes and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "Let's go see what our crazy friend has in mind."

"For some reason, this scares me..."

"Anything Jimmy is involved in would scare any sane person."

"So you aren't sane?"

"You're just on a roll today, aren't you?" He had that look in his eyes that said he was ready to pounce.

"No way, Mister. Precious cargo on board, remember."

He pouted, knowing he was defeated. "I know," he sighed.

I kissed the corner of his mouth, laughing. "I'll make it up to you later. Now, let's go before Jimmy freaks out that we're late."

His eyes widened slightly. "Yeah, that would not be good."

By the time we got to Jimmy's, all the others were already there. "You're late," Jimmy said, standing with his hands on his hips.

"Sorry, Jimbo. We went to breakfast," I said, patting his shoulder.

"Don't you mean lunch? It's already one," Matt said, laughing. I just waved him off and walked to the living room where everyone was sitting around. What was funny, was seeing Johnny laying on the ground, holding his stomach.

"Too much turkey?" I asked, laughing lightly.

He groaned, looking up at me and glaring. "You don't need to rub it in my face."

"You do it every year, Hun. I was expecting it."

"Shut up," he muttered.

"Hey, Baby," Zacky said as I sat next to him on the couch. "How are you feeling?" He asked, kissing my temple.

"I'm fine, Zacky. I'm not a fragile doll, don't worry so much."

"You're my baby sister, it's hard not to worry about you."

I pay his knee. "Whatever helps you sleep at night."

"So, Jim, why'd you have us all over today?" Brian asked, sitting on the floor in front of me and leaning back against my legs.

"Just to spend time with each other," he said, shrugging. We all gave him a 'Yeah, right' look and he laughed. "You guys know me too well." He pulled Leanna up next to him. "We wanted to tell you guys that we are no engaged." He held up Leanna's left hand that showed a small, silver band.

"I knew it!" Val squealed and jumped up.

We all congratulated them, happy that they were finally going to tie the knot. They were the perfect match for each other, anyone could see that.

"Just don't be making any little Sullivan's yet," Zacky said, shivering at the though. I rolled my eyes and slapped him. "What?! We already have a baby Syn coming. Imagine if we had a little Jimmy, too."

Everyone groaned, thinking of what it would be like. "Gee, thanks, guys," Jimmy said, pouting.

"I just don't think we're all ready for a little Jim running around," I said, giving him a sympathetic smile.

"Oh, and they're ready for a little Haner?" I knew he was just messing around, but it really made me think. Were we ready to have a baby around the band? What would happen once the baby got here? What would happen once they went on tour?

Was I even ready for a baby?