Dreaming of Sunsets

Chapter 4

Image

I was sitting down by the pier, at my special spot. I had gotten used to walking down here from our house. It wasn't far, so I remembered all the turns and streets. Cal wasn't too happy when he found out that I had come down here by myself that first time, but since then, I come by myself all the time now.

The air was getting a little bit colder, and the light was fading. I knew I had been out here for some hours, but I didn't care.

Zack had really upset me earlier. I know I might just be over reacting, but he's never been that harsh with me. Had going on tour changed my brother also?

"There you are! God damn, Sen. Don't do that to me! Why didn't you leave a note?" I heard Cal's heavy breathing as he came towards me. I simply shrugged, and kept my position. He sighed, and sat next to me. "What's this all about?" He asked softly, playing with my hair.

"Things have changed," I whispered.

"What do you mean?"

"They've all changed just over a small period of time... Nothing's ever going to be the same again."

"Oh, Sweetie." He pulled me into his arms and lay my head on his chest. "Give them time. They just got back and are going to have to get used to everything again. It'll be the same again."

"But they shouldn't have to get used to things. It should already be natural to them." He sighed, not knowing what else to say.

We sat there for probably another hour or two, before I broke the silence. "I want to move out."

He pulled my head away from his chest, and I knew he was giving me a look that said I was crazy. "What? Why?"

I shrugged. "I just think it's time. It's going to feel too crowded around there now."

"Okay, I'll start looking for apartments."

"There's some new ones down here by the pier. I heard someone talking about them the other day."

"Alright, we can check them out tomorrow."

We went back to the house, but there was a full blown party. Instead, we went to Papa and Suzy's. I visited them often and they said we were always welcome. We told them about the party and they were more than happy to let us stay.

For the next few days, I wasn't home much. I made sure of that.

Cal and I got an apartment and were in the process of moving in. We made sure to get our things out of the house when the guys were at the studio, which was most of the time.

By the time we were done, they hadn't noticed anything.

Yeah, that felt real good... My own brother didn't even notice his sister's crap was missing out of her room.

"Finally. Done," Cal sighed as he collapsed down onto the couch next to me. I simply nodded, staying quiet like I had been lately. "Hey, you're not regretting this, are you?" He asked softly.

I shook my head and stood up, going to my bedroom. It was a small enough apartment, so it was pretty easy for me to figure out where everything was.

*Cal's P.O.V.*

I sighed as I watched Sen walk slowly to her room. She was really starting to worry me.

The sound of the phone ringing brought me back out of my thoughts. I looked down and saw it was Zina's number. "Hello," I said, answering quietly.

"Hey, are you guys all moved in?"

"Yeah, just finished."

"Cool. Is my sister around?"

"No. She just went to lay down, I think."

I heard her sigh. "It's like she's been a ghost these last few weeks."

"I think it has something to do with her twin."

"I'm going to kill Zack! What did he do?"

I hesitated. "It's complicated, I see where they're both coming from. But you know them. They're hard headed and only want the best for each other, but sometimes that blows up in their faces."

"Have any of them even noticed that you guys are moved out yet?"

"I don't think so. They've been at the studio a lot lately, though. I think Matt has his suspicions. He is her best friend, you know."

"Matt would be the first to figure things." There was silence. "Is she even going to talk to them at all?"

"I don't know. I guess we'll just have to wait and see."
♠ ♠ ♠
Look at the amazing banner that stubbornchloesmiles made me! :)