Dreaming of Sunsets

Chapter 5

Image

*Zina's P.O.V.*

To say I was pissed would be an understatement. After I got off the phone with Cal, I got in my car and headed to Zacky's. I was ready to rip each of them a new ass hole.

But, when I got there, no one was there. I sighed, and got back in the car.

Maybe I should just go see how Sen's holding up.

"Hey, come in," Cal said, opening the door. He wasn't surprised to see me. I had made it an almost daily routine to come see my little sister. I hadn't had a lot of time in the past due to high school, then college and a new job, but with everything new starting to go on, I knew she needed someone other than Cal. I wasn't going to turn my back on her.

"Where's she at?" I asked, looking around the small apartment.

"Her room, I think she's asleep."

I nodded and walked back to where he had pointed. I opened the door quietly and walked in, closing it behind me.

Sen was curled up on her bed, under all her blankets. I sat down on the bed next to her and brushed a few strands of hair out of her face.

I knew my sister wasn't one to take self pity on herself, but I also knew it was hard for her to keep her feelings bottled up. She had always tried to be the strong one, no matter the situation. That's why I was so proud of her.

I kissed her forehead and tucked the blankets around her. "Have you already eaten?" I asked Cal as I walked into the kitchen area.

"No, I was going to ask Sen if she wanted to go get something, but she probably won't." I could tell he was just as worried about her as I was.

"Has she been eating a little more?"

"A bit, not much though." He sighed, looking at the ground sadly. "Why is Zack acting like this all of a sudden? He was always protective of her and never wanted her to be hurt. Now, he's just acting like a straight up ass hole."

"I wish I knew the answer to that question," I said, shaking my head as I got a few things out to make some dinner.

About an hour later, there as a knock on the door. I looked at Cal, confused and noticed he had the same expression on his face. He went to the door and answered it. "Oh, hey, Matt. Come one in." I watched as I saw our little brother walk in... Along with our parents... Oh God

"Mom? What are you doing here?" I asked, walking over to them.

"What? I can't come see where my daughter is now living?" Mom said in her stuck up tone that she always had.

"Where's Sen?" Matt asked, looking around for her.

"In her room. She's still sleeping, but you can go in with her," I said, smiling and messing up his hair. He had always been the closest to Sen, ever since he was born.

"Why is she still sleeping? It's two in the afternoon," Mom said.

"Because she's not feeling good," I snapped back, crossing my arms over my chest. "You know-" I was about to go on with my rant, when I heard someone clear their throat. I turned to see Sen standing there with Matt's arm around her.

She had bags under her eyes and they looked puffy and red. Had she been crying?

"Why don't you have something on your feet?" Mom snapped, looking at Sen's bare feet.

"What?" She asked, confused as to why she needed anything on her feet.

"Well if you aren't' feeling well to sleep in until two in the afternoon, you should at least have something on your feet. Or do you want to stay sick?" I saw the emotion rising in Sen's eyes. At this point, I just wanted to bitch slap my mother. "This is your problem. You always need someone there telling you what to do and when to do it. You can never do anything for yourself."

"Mom," I warned.

"No, she needs to hear this. You're still just a child. You never matured like your brother and sister. You'll always be the odd one out. Even Matthew is maturing in his life. But you-"

"Mother!" She stopped, shocked that I had yelled at her. "Get out," I said harshly.

She actually seemed surprised. "Excuse me?"

"You fucking heard me! Get the hell out of here!" She was shocked to hear one of her children talking to her like this, but stomped out, slamming the door behind her.

I heard a sob, and turned to see Sen stumbling back to her room.

I groaned, rubbing my temples. "Matt, please go make sure she's okay. I need to cool off," I mumbled, as I slid down onto the couch. "Great this is all she fucking needs."

"I didn't know your mom was such a..." Cal trailed off, not knowing what to call her.

"Bitch?" He nodded sheepishly. "She's pretty much the reason why Sen and Zack moved out after everything. She always treats Sen like shit and the rest of us like gold. I'm sick of it."

"I think she just made things worse for Sen."

I nodded sadly. She was good at doing that.
♠ ♠ ♠
New stories!! Please read and subscribe to them! - Perfect Chemistry? And - Ghost of Someone I Once Was