Dreaming of Sunsets

Chapter 7

Image

*Sen's P.O.V.*

I stretched as I woke up from my long sleep. My head hurt and my eyes were heavy from all the useless crying. I felt ridiculous and shameful now that I think about it.

I sighed, knowing I couldn't change it, and decided to get up. When I tried to move, I suddenly noticed an arm wrapped around my waist.

"Matty?" I asked softly, wondering if he had gotten up at all.

"No, it's me." I heard the soft reply from my other half...

"What're you doing here, Zack?" I sighed softly.

"Cal and Zina came by to talk to me. I'm worried about you, Sen."

"Great way of suddenly showing your concern," I said, a little bitterly as I got up.

"Sen, please don't do this."

"I'm not doing anything, Zack. You're the one that turned your back on me."

"After you were the one to push me away!"

"Is it so hard to believe that I actually want to do things for myself, Zachary?! Just because I'm blind doesn't mean I can't do things for myself!"

"Partially blind," he mumbled quietly.

"Well, I'm glad you paid attention to that part. Now maybe you can pay attention to the part where I can take care of myself. Yes, I do like help sometimes if I can't exactly do it myself. But you know I hate feeling helpless."

"I know, Baby, and I'm sorry. You're very strong willed and I'm sorry for treating you like you aren't. This was just a huge shock to me and Big Brother mode kicked in and I felt the sudden need to protect you. From anything."

I reached out from him and he took my hand in his, wrapping my arms around his waist. "I love you, Zack. Please just let me handle things on my own, unless I ask you or anyone else for help," I mumbled into his shoulder as he rubbed my back.

"Alright." It didn't totally convince me, but I knew he would try. "Why don't you come over? We're having a little get together."

"I don't know..."

"Please, Sen... Please! I miss having you there with me."

"Now that you've noticed."

He sighed. "No, I missed not talking to you and that's part of the reason I didn't notice. I hate fighting with you."

"Me too," I mumbled into his chest.

"Then its' settled. Get ready and I'll meet you out there in ten."

"But, I need to shower and everything else."

"You're fine, Sen. Just thrown on something, you don't have to get all done up for us."

I sighed, nodding my head. "Alright." When I heard the door close, I went over to my closet and pulled out a simple dress. I only had two of them, and they were both white. So I didn't care which one it was.

After throwing my hair into a ponytail, I walked out of my room. "Ready?" Zack asked, putting his arm around my waist. I nodded and he kissed the top of my head. "Let's go."

Apparently Zina, Matt and Cal were already on their way over there. So it was just Zack and I. This would be a fun drive...

It was actually a pretty quiet drive. I don't know if he was scared to say anything, or just didn't want to.

"Sen!" I heard Jimmy's familiar voice, before he picked me up and spun me around. "That wasn't very nice, Missy."

I laughed, shaking my head. "Sorry, Jimbo."

"It's okay! You're here now, and that's all that matters!"

He set me down, before I was scooped up into another pair of arms. "Hey, you." I melted into the strong arms of Matt, laying my head on his chest. "I didn't know what to do without my best girl."

"You had Val," I said, laughing lightly.

"Well, yeah, but I didn't have you."

"There's nothing special about me, Matt," I laughed, patting his arm, as I walked to the door.

"There sure is,“ He said, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. I knew he was trying to be sneaky about helping me towards the door, but I decided to act oblivious.

"Whatever, you big bear."

There was chatter and laughing going on around the whole house. Sounded like there was a full house today.

"So, are you actually going to take your sunglasses off?" Matt whispered in my ear as we headed towards the kitchen.

"Most likely not." I heard him sigh, but he dropped it.

The rest of the evening went by slowly and smoothly. Mostly because I had either Matt or Zack by my side the whole time.

Some time towards sunset, I headed out to my spot. I didn't think anyone would notice me, but I was wrong.

"So you're going to skip out on him again?" I heard the familiar voice and froze. "That's pretty shitty to play him like that. Saying you'll stay, then find a time to skip out on him."

"Go away, Brian," I mumbled, and continued to walk.

"I can't believe how selfish you're being right now."

"How am I being selfish? And since when did you start talking to me again?"

"Oh, how very mature. You're the one that broke up with me, remember, Sendra?!"

"What does that have to do with any of this?"

"I gave you my heart, and you threw it back at me." He was closer now, and I could smell the alcohol on his breath.

"Go back to the house, Brian. You're obviously drunk," I said, trying to walk away.

"Fine, run away. That's what you're fucking best at, anyways!"

I tried holding in the tears until I was sure I was out of his sight. Once I got to the spot, I broke down crying. I couldn't hold it in anymore.

A little bit later, I heard foot steps. It was hard to do since they were walking in the sand. But by the way they were shuffling their feet, it was easy to detect.

"Zack?"

Silence.

"Matt?"

"Guess again, Princess." My blood ran cold at the sound of his voice.

Before I could do anything, I was being held down, as my dress started to slide up. "Please, don't," I cried, trying to push them away.

"Don't try to resist it, Sweetie." I felt his lips against my neck and cringed.

Please, God. Don't let this happen.

*Zack's P.O.V.*

I was walking around the house, trying to find Sen. I hadn't seen her in over an hour, and it was starting to scare me.

"Have you seen Sen?" I asked Johnny as he was sitting and talking with Jimmy and Brian.

"No, Man. I thought she was out back with you guys," he said, looking confused.

"She went out a while ago," Brian mumbled, taking a drink from his beer.

"And you didn't stop her?" I growled, suddenly getting pissed.

"Why should I? She was being a little bitch and skipping out on you again."

"Do you even know where she was going?"

"No. Didn't come up."

I was ready to hit him, but the door bell stopped me from doing so. I walked over and yanked open the door. "Oh my God."

"She said she lived here."

I looked down at my broken sister. "Zacky," She whimpered. "He found me."
♠ ♠ ♠
Clothes

New story!!! When She Cries - please go check it out!!