This Isn't Fair Anymore

Chapter 2

Jonnie’s POV:

7:53 a.m.

In school.

Late.

My brother kept rambling on about how important it is to not be late on the first day of school.

“Jeez, bro. It’s not like we’re going to die just because we’re… uhm, only 10 minutes late.” I told him as we made our way to the stairs going up to our classrooms.

“Well, a LOT can happen in 10 minutes.” he said, all grumpy and all.

Oli, or Oliver, is my brother. I’m a year younger than he is, and he’s a senior. He has chinky eyes like I do, and he has short straight black hair while mine’s long and brown. I’m a junior and yet my classroom is 2 more floors higher than his.

Stupid school.

Anyway, I reached my floor and found all my friends there and the rest of my batch mates outside of the classrooms, hanging around the hallway.

“JONNIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!”

A girl with brown, curly locks tied in a pony tail with dark brown eyes hugs me as she sees me walking towards her.

“Mariel! I missed you soooo much!” And I hugged her back.

It was Mariel, one of my friends who I usually hang out with. Behind her, there was Frances. An average height teenager with shoulder length straight black hair, with almond shaped brown eyes. And with her was Kathy, a Japanese-eyed girl who was bigger and taller than I was with long black hair.

“Hi, Jonnie.”

“Hahaha, you’re late!!”

“Hi France, hi Kat. Shut up. I’m not late! The classrooms aren’t even open yet!!” I protested.

“WHOAA!!!!” Mariel suddenly blurts out. It gave me a shock that I jumped back a bit and hit someone standing behind me.

“Oh, sorry. Pea-”

I couldn’t even finish my sentence. In fact, I couldn’t even move my whole body!! I froze as I realized that the person who I accidentally hit was actually him.

“It’s okay.”

“I, I’m… uhh…sor-”

“…”

He just walked passed me and my friends and went to the other end of the hallway without even letting me finish my sentence.

It was him.

He was so handsome.

He grew taller and his hair was shorter than when I last saw him. His large light brown orbs always captivated me, and his pale white skin made him look like an angel.

My angel.

I watched Daniel go further and further away towards where his friends were hanging out.

“Jon, you okay?” Mariel says as she was fixing her hair. But because of her clumsiness, her comb fell.

“Err, Kathy can you get that please?”

“Pick it up, Yel!” I scolded.

“Yeah, Mar! It’s not that hard, let me show you!!!” Kathy says enthusiastically, pulling Mariel’s arm downward to where the comb fell so she could get it herself, with Kathy’s help of course.

“I don’t know you.” Frances says while trying to stay away from the two girls, but I stopped her.

“France, don’t leave me with these two retards!”

“Crazy people!”

Mariel got her comb back (thanks to Kathy T.T) and we all just laughed.