This Isn't Fair Anymore

Chapter 4

Jonnie’s POV:

The first two subjects in the morning were done, and so it was time for a break.

I told Mariel we should go down to the canteen and go get a bite to eat. Even until now, she hasn’t quite broken away from her trance yet. But she just said okay, so okay. (O.o)

Mariel, Frances, Kathy and I went down together to the underground canteen. There were a lot of people down there, but we were right on time to get enough seats for the four of us.

Kathy, Mariel and Frances left me alone in our table so they could order their food. I just sat there and looked around the canteen area and noticed some familiar faces. I waved to some of my old friends and my batch mates whom I didn’t see earlier.

As I was being friendly to the people I saw, I heard laughing. I turned around to where the laughter came from and there he was.

Laughing.

Hysterically laughing.

The way he seems to be losing his breath and his upper body bending back and forth makes me laugh as well. It’s funny how he laughs like that.

But I didn’t laugh.

His friends came along laughing with him as well. He hangs out with five of his friends- four girls and his best guy friend. One of the girls seems to be a bit friendlier than the other girls.

Actually, a LOT friendlier than the other girls. She’s holding his hand now and he doesn’t seem to mind… They’re sitting next to each other and she keeps touching him. She’s touching my angel.

It took me a minute to realize that the girl he was with was actually his new girlfriend. And what’s worse?? She was my friend too--- Hayley Williams.

My three friends came back with their food and sat on their seats, respectively. I told them about what I had just seen and asked them, “Are they together now?” Frances seemed to be the only one listening. After all, Mariel was busy staring at the pretty Kaulitz twins and Kathy seemed to be looking at some other dude.

“Yeah, they just got together last summer.”

My angel has found someone else so soon? We just broke up last school year and now he has a new girlfriend?!

“Oh…”

I could not believe it!! I felt like my heart was coming out of my chest and I could feel my eyes starting to water.

But I just held back.

I looked away for a while to stop my tears from falling, although I could still feel the pain in my chest and my breathing seemed to become more difficult.

I tried to look away from where he was sitting as hard as I could- my life starting to fall apart.

How could he do this to me?