Gravity

Life on the moon

New York City ~ Upper east side {4:30} pm

Felicity

“Why do you think you’re here?” The woman asked. Her round, oval shaped lens hid her judgmental gaze that she was probably laying upon me. I smiled, my eyes wandering around the room, I saw a slogan decorated in a golden frame. ‘A place of truth, promise, and privacy’ I scoffed. The slogan was obviously a lie, because well there is no place like that on this planet, except well…your mind. Which has been my private sanctuary lately.

“Is something on your mind” She asked again. I rolled my eyes. She slide her heavy glasses down her nose, her eyes not moving from mine. I looked at her straight into her aged eyes.

“Well I don’t much like fucking being here as much as you seem to be” I told her. Sneaking her smirk on my face, all she did was wiggle her ink pen on her notepad. And trust me I never had so much anger for an animate object before. I looked down at my perfectly manicured fingers, flicking them. I snapped on my gum, popping it every half second. I waited till my session was over. I could see the lady’s eyebrows raise, she gently laid her pen on her notepad, her eyes never looking away from mine.

“You know, I’m kinda getting tired of the staring into the eyes thing, if were done, and you have no more bullshit to feed me…” I trailed off. Her glare didn’t cease, so I grabbed my black Chanel purse ( a Christmas gift from daddy) and stormed out of the room.

“How did it go” Dash asked me. I smiled, sliding my sunglasses on. He wrapped his arms around mine, and we left together arm and arm.

*****
New York State~Hamptons {4:00} am

Edison

”You think you can do whatever the fuck you want right?” My dad asked, his head ready to explode.

“Well dad that is a good question, but naturally you should be the one answering the questions” I told him , I paced about the ruined room.

“Am I an asshole, did I dump my wife for a money hungry whore, did I abandon my son, and buy him back with money- those are the questions I would be answering if I were you, dad” I said, in a low undertone. I grabbed an already lit cigarette, from the marble counter that was covered with spilled martinis and empty scotch glasses. I must’ve really messed up this time but I didn’t care. I walked away from the room, ready to take the private jet back to New York City. I slide my ray bans back on, slamming the door behind me. And that was it, my life on the moon.

*****
New York City-Soho {11:35} pm

Charlie

“Charlie, what the fuck you staring at, I pay you by the goddamn hour you know!” Crow said. I smiled and kept my eye’s in focus with the lens. My best friend, held a the very curvy blonde around her waist, with a simple smile on his face. I snapped the pictures a couple of times. Knowing Crow he would probably need some for showing all of his buddies, and one to post up on his wall.

“Charlie, you forgot me” I heard a voice say soothingly. I held my breath, turning around I saw eddie. Her big red curls covered most of her face but I still saw her dazzling green eyes. My throat dried, my glasses were suddenly getting foggy.

“Charlie…Charlie McCourt” She called out. Her voice still smooth. I hastily turned my back on her, pushing my emotions aside. Like I always do, thinking logically she was probably was here because where she came from didn’t work out.

“Charlie” She hissed. I could tell her tone was hurt, But I even picked up my feet and walked. It hurt me too, seeing her. I hope she could feel same thing I felt when I called out to her and she turned her back to, walking away.

“Charlie…my man what ya having” Syd asked. His Irish accent was unappealing but the words always pleasing.

“Tequila” I said, the only drink I’ve ever tried and knew. I heard a smooth chuckle coming from behind. It was too familiar to acknowledge.

“Charlie, what the fuck are you doing, you never drink” Crow said to me, I gave him a look.

“Eddie’s here” I told him, my voice ashed and raspy. I could feel a soft ache in my chest. Crow’s face fell, his eyes dimmed. It was like

“Charlie…” He said. He laid his hand on my shoulder, I stared closely at the clear tequila in the glass. Crow’s tone was soothing, respectable. He knew of all people what she did to me, and no matter how far she went. I knew she was the only girl that would ever bring myself to shame like she did. And that was it, my life on the moon.

*****
New York City-little Italy{2:00} pm

Chloe

“God, mom the pictures go on the shelf” I scolded my mom. It was like I was the adult. She looked up at me. With a small smile on her lips. She was blessed with a baby face that made her seem very young. Regret then sunk in.

“I’m sorry…everything is just so stressful” I told her. Which was the truth…but a 18 year old girl shouldn’t be the one saying that. It should be the mother. But I didn’t know what my mother did to become so anti-responsibility. I was the one who had two jobs…both full time.

“I know sweetheart and I’m sorry. I should be more responsible” Here we go again, she would gave me a small speech and somehow she would get out of what she is responsible to do. And she would do this every chance she has to actually do something useful. “And I promise to make up for it, and I know how lucky I am to have a responsible daughter like you.” And would continue until she found me forgiving her for her fatal flaw of never being responsible. “And you know what I’m going to go and find a job right now” And that was it, that’s how she got out of everything. I watched her carry her petite body out of the small New York apartment.

We hadn’t even finish packing.”Fuck, Fuck” I muttered to myself, kicking the sealed packed boxes. I felt the atmosphere change. I checked for the moisture of my face, since I was blessed with anger that was expressed in tears. And only tears. I bent down, slowly opening one of the boxes, i was going to be doing this alone and I would have to start now. As I opened the box, I found a picture. My mom only 18 and I sitting on her lap when I was two. And that was it, my life on the moon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Basically about four people who live in the city trying to find what there looking for.