Gravity

Back to earth

Felicity

I walked home, really didn’t want to go. I had nowhere else to go. As I walked on the quiet street, a dark glossy and very familiar car was parked outside my house. A childhood memory drifted into my mind, my legs paralyzed by this new memory. The memory I could tell was fresh. A younger version of me waiting for my father’s arrival but sadly never met him. And then I knew that I would never let this moment slip. I ran up the old fashioned stairs.

“I saw dads car, is he here” I asked my mother, breathless. I could hear my own voice feeling anxious. Her expression softened, her eyes soft gazing into mine. I knew she wouldn’t tell me.

“Felicity, he didn’t want to see you felicity” She called after me. I ran down the stairs, faster then I ran up. I could feel all the past emotions that tortured me as a child. Always knowing that my father never wanted me, and never acknowledged it, Always putting myself through denial. And I was finished with denial he wanted me, he had to. I was his daughter. The air whipped my hair to flew aside, I got a view of the black glossy car…I got a view of a face on the window and invisible eyes looking at me. I just stared back, and the glossy car just raced down the street. And just like my childhood memory, I never got to see him. Young girls dreamed of prince’s on horseback I dreamed of my father in a glossy car saving me from whatever, whenever. Tears weren’t an option but I couldn’t stop them. And just like that I was back to earth.

***

Edison

“Ed…got a new shipment, wanna squeeze” Joe told me. The loud music, unbearable bodies moving to the noise. A squeeze is exactly what I needed. I followed Joe to the back, there was already people there. The usual suspects. I sat down, a girl staring at me her eyes never looking up. She walked towards me slowly she was obviously high and if she wasn’t…well I think I could fix that.

“I’m Joe’s sister” She said into my ear. I smiled.

“And what would he say if he knew you were here” I asked her. Her eyes were dark, hungry. The heavy velvet curtains, and the dark red lights.

“I don’t know, why don’t you tell me” She replied. I smirked, she knew what she was doing so…if I brought her down with me, it wouldn’t be exactly my fault. Joe came along handing me a needle. I tied a knot on my arm, slowly very slowly I inserted the sharp needle filled with the drug. Bliss, pure original bliss entered me. Everything going away, drifting. A wild storm eating me up. I even forgot the girl that was next to me, knowing the drug she probably was in the same place I was. And just like that I was back to earth.

***
Charlie

“Man not on the rug…that cost a fortune” Crow exclaimed. His apartment was dark, I was lost in my own drunkenness. The lights flicked on, they were to bright for my eyes and I closed them quickly. I dragged my body to the bathroom, unwillingly but it was more than needed.

“She really messed you up didn’t she” Crow asked. He was leaning against the bathroom door, while I leaned my head back against the tile wall in the bathroom. I gave him a look,that consisted of raising my left eyebrow, rasing my tired droopey eye to meet his.

“Ya think” I whispered. I could hear him chuckle. Leave it to Crow to make my worst day into a sitcom.

“Man, your life is fucked” He said, he meant to mutter it. But crow is the most honest man I know. “Got kicked out of your dad’s house before you even started college, got your trust fund declined. I know I couldn’t even wake up in the morning not knowing I had at least an hundred in my back pocket.” I laughed, but the souring migraine came suddenly back. I threw a quick breathe out. The pain took a while to cease.

“God, Charlie I don’t know how you do it?” Crow asked. His dark hair was neatly brushed to the side. “I think when this life is over you’ll be the one on top” He said. His eyes seem to burst with pride, not to mention honesty.

“Yeah and when is that” I asked. He walked to me, sliding his back on the tile wall. He was seated next to me, and even though at this point no air was coming out of his mouth. I could smell the fresh air of whiskey.

“You need more faith” He said. “Just more faith” He muttered again. And just like that I was back to earth.

*****
Chloe

Grease, oil, ketchup, buns, bread, cheese. Grill this, grill that. It’s not cooked enough, no turn it over. It’s the onion first then the cheese. I thought that I would stab my spatula continually at my greased boss. He was fat and round, he had stubby little legs that I daydreamed about tripping. It was hot, and crowded. Our customers were loud, with no consideration what so ever about the people sitting at the next table.
I roughly tried to scrap the burned burger from the grill. This was what made me a vegetarian. Back in Ohio there were too much little barbeque grills, and fat joints as I call them.

“Chloe, me and Sasha going out for a drink wanna come” I heard Meg call. I could only see her face, she smiled with her perfectly dark eyebrows arched. I smiled and nodded.

“Okay, yeah sure” I quickly said. I was soo anxious to get out of this place my words sounded mashed up with each other. I quickly un-knotted my apron throwing it on the counter. I clocked out of my shift, to tell you the truth it was all a in a haze. We arrived at the bar, it was dark, lights were scarce and if they were there we in obscene colors. Swirls of red, blue, and green. We all sat around a small table, drinks perfectly standing on the table. Cool water dripping on the table.

“You gonna have a drink” Sasha asked me. Her eyebrows were quizzically raised. I debated, the deep parallels of my mind were tired, sore. I was tired of thinking, so I gave into my other extinct.

“Yeah” I said. Sasha smiled, her lip ring shined as the colorful lights circulated around our table. As my eyes wandered around the room, I heard a glass hit an object. I looked down and saw a rather clear drink in a small cup. It was a shot glass.

“You wanna loosen up, this is the one” Sasha said, she shot hers down. Wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. It was funny how she knew what I was thinking and felt. I took my shot also, the bitter taste was unbearable…but only for a second. The one after that glided down my throat easier, then it became routine. I couldn’t feel it anymore, whatever made me feel like I shouldn’t have taken those drinks was gone. And just like that I was back to earth.
♠ ♠ ♠
Loving the story the plot an deverything.