Gravity

Falling into the stars

Felicity

“I told him about, the doctors, the treatments” My mother told me. My back was straight against the back of the chair, I haven’t said a word to her in a week. I haven’t eaten in three days, so I’m not going to lie when I say staring at freshly baked French toast with eggs Sunnyside up doesn’t look appetizing. My face was bare of any making up, my eyes were cold, icy like they always are. My lips dry, words would just come out dry, empty. I looked up at my mother. I saw her dark curly hair, loose. Her eyes were softer than mine, they were shining. She looked beautiful this morning, but I couldn’t tell her that. I never appreciated my mother, and I’m certainly not going to start now. Just because of this thing, growing inside me, I will make sure not to change even with the bad stuff. Because that would be giving up. Flaws are what makes you flawless.

“And I have ah..date with Maxwell so I won’t be home early” I looked back at my food, I finally stuck my fork into my egg. “You don’t mind do you” She asked, she probably mistook my expression. My mother was the most compassionate woman I know, but not the smartest. She was hard though, tough but I think unlike me she gave up, and started realizing what was happening. I kept silent she understood. I kept the other minutes to myself. I’ve been in myself for a while now. It’s comforting there, safe. Like falling into the stars.

***
Edison

A soft hand on my bare arm, made the hairs on my arm and skin cells go cold. A soft whisper tickled my ear, making it chill. The sunlight was not as soft, it really had no feeling, it was just there. My eyes refusing to stay closed, I couldn’t control them anymore. I saw an angel sitting beside me, her lips in a smile that shined more than the light. Her golden hair, hanging. I reached for it, my hands only getting there halfway, she caught it, kissed it.

“Good morning Edie” Her voice said to me. It was the air singing. I smiled.

“Good morning mother” I replied, her smiled widened. But her eyes fell, they no longer held light. I swear I could see tears in her eyes.

“God, you look so much like your father” She told me. I wanted to kill. I gave her a stare, her palms caressed my cheek. I turned my face the other way.”You really shouldn’t give him such a hard time” She stood from her sitting position on my bed.”He’s trying his best, and we all know you father doesn’t try” I smiled at this she knew him like a book. She criticized him, his choices at least. But it was obvious that she loved him more and more each day.

“What, did he leave you a letter” I asked, my tone heavy, thick with sarcasm. She smiled we were such similar creatures.

“He left a voice mail…you really-“ I cut her off.

“Please don’t tell me you didn’t enjoyed it” I said. She laughed.

“Of course I did, you know I did. But it isn’t fair, he’s trying-“ I cut her off again.

“Bullshit…your in love with him, and you just won’t let go” I told her. She stopped her pacing in the room. I could almost hear tears hitting the floor. The angel wasn’t happy anymore, her eyes turned wild as they looked at me. Her hair not golden anymore. Her heart ache just like mine did to the words that came from my mouth.

“Maybe….maybe” She replied no matter how much she was hurting it was the truth.

“He doesn’t want you” were my last words. The door softly closed. The room was now dark, no more angel, no more light. But still like falling into the stars.

***
Charlie

The sun was my enemy this morning, it was and bright stuff. It didn’t surprise me that those would be the first words I could use in my mind. It was all mashed up, my brain. I yawned a long, exasperated yawn. It was loud to, floating around the room, uncomfortably.

“You better wake up, you have to be at work in 45 minutes” Crow said. His voice seemed also not fully awake. I turned over my eyes still shut. Images, emotions floated into my mind. Then fear hit, it was deep. In the deep pit of my stomach and mind, my stomach was turning and my brain hurt. I groaned.

“Yup Mr.Ihaveastickupmyass…is gonna be pissed.” Crow said. I heard the humor in his voice. I heard footsteps, slowly fainting .

I woke up, I had too. Though I was half dead and I was wearing my lucky red ray bans when the most gray clouds covered that the New York skies. It was cold too, windy. I had my hat tightly fastened on my head. My glasses were clear but it was my eyes that were foggy. I quickly ran into starbucks…it was anyone’s haven. I stood in line still half dead. My only human response was when the line moved up.

“Charlie” a soft voice whispered. I thought about the voice again. “Charlie” the voice hissed. Now I knew.

“Eddie…”I murmured. I didn’t even turn around. Well…until I heard a chuckle…a manly one. Then I turned.

A blonde man, tall muscular he looked nice, rich and somehow very genuine. I saw something else also. His big arms interlocking with Eddies. They didn’t match at all. Eddie bright red curls…now straightened. His bright blonde hair, straight. I couldn’t lie to you, he was gorgeous and perfect, not a hair out of place. But all I could really see, and myself being fully awake now. Eddie’s soft pink lips, and her freckled cheeks.

“I’m engaged Charlie” Her lips didn’t seem pink anymore. I didn’t even look at them. I looked at her olive green eyes now. They were bright. Then suddenly my feet were sore, I was tired all over again, I still didn’t have any coffee. My heart was about to break and Edna(Eddie) Samamatha Codwell knew that too. I was falling into the stars, faster and faster.

***
Chloe

I was sitting on the old rocking chair, for hours now. My mom thought I was sleeping but my migraine was taking over my body. I was off today and well with me getting drunk last night, I just wanted to stay in one place.

“Chloe...where are the leftovers” My mother’s sweet voice asked. I sighed, I was not in the mood.

“You took the last one…you took it to work” I told her. My voice was tight.

“Why don’t you make more” she asked. I wanted to reply with the most hurtful uncommon words. But somehow only sweet words could come out my mouth.

“Sure” I murmured. It wasn’t that sweet, but it is the sweetest thing that came out of my wannabe hurtful words.

Minutes passed, and the door slammed. I needed to get out of here. So I left the apartment. The cold breeze was what really woke me up. The sun was hidden, and that was fine with me. I knew it was going to rain soon, so I crossed streets, passed buildings until I got to central park. The babies in the designer strollers, the woman jogging, the birds dancing, the leave floating. Everything was in harmony here. I sat on the bottom of the precious fountain. Time was my friend today it passed slowly. My golden hair was curly and out of place. I clutched my book tightly to my chest. I didn’t even know I had all this time.

“Hello” I heard a voice say. I looked up.

“Hi” and as that word came out the rain started. Softly, not hastily. Disheveled dark hair, and a loose tie was what I saw.

“I just happened to be a booklover…and well I am very worried about your book” He said. His accent was flawless. His eyes were dark also but somehow they were bright, shiny in their own light. I laughed. He opened the taxi door for me…and I was falling into the stars.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fav chapter, comment, suscribe. B.T.W Eddie...is said like Edie. (eeedee)