Status: Complete

Seize The Day

Seize The Day (Part 2)

"Hello? Is anyone there?" A voice asked.

She sounded exactly the same.

"Syn if you're prank calling me again I'm gonna kick your ass." They said again.

That was definately Val.

"Hello?" I said back.

"Hello? Who is this?" Val asked already irritated.

"Your guardian angel." I said as I repeated the line we said to each other in high school.

There was silence for a minute and for a second I thought she hung up on me.

"Cynthia?" She asked in disbelief.

I laughed since I was happy that she remembered me.

"The one and only babe." I said.

"Oh my God! I can't believe it! How have you been?!" She yelled.

"I've been ok. I was just looking throuhg my yearbook and I saw your number. How have you been? What's been going on?" I asked.

"Wow, so much has changed. I've been great. I'm happy. Very, very happy. What have been up to? Still beating off guys with a stick?" She asked with a quiet laugh.

"Haha. Now I am. I just broke up with my boyfriend last week so..." I trailed off.

"I'm sorry honey. Are you ok?" She asked me.

"I'm great. Now I know that you are still beating off all of those guys trying to get at you." I said.

That made her laugh.

"No, just one. My boyfriend Matt." Val said, I could tell she was smiling.

"Is that the same Matt you were always yapping about in school?" I asked.

"Yeah, the same one." Val said.

"Holy shit. Congrats. You guys have been together for years." I said in astonishment.

"He's a great guy. I love him." She said simply.

I could tell by the way she talked about him that he was the one for her.

I couldn't be happier for her.

She deserved to be happy more then anyone I know.

It just made me feel like I was really missing something great.

"So, hows your twin been? Michelle, right?" I asked trying to change the subject.

She huffed angrily.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"It's not you. I'm just really mad at my sister right now." She said angrily.

"That's weird. You guys always got along great." I said.

"We did. But she started going out with one of my friends and then cheated on him." Val said in a disgusted voice.

Val couldn't see it but my mouth dropped open.

I was silent for a minute not really knowing what to say.

"I'm sorry Cynthia. I didn't meant o unload all my frustration out on you. It's just so easy to talk to you and since me and Michelle aren't talking right now there's no one I can talk to who will really understand." Val said.

"Don't even worry about it Val. You can always talk to me. I would feel the same as you in that situation. I didn't even think Michelle would do something like that." I said in disbelief.

"Me either. That's why it hit me so hard. And Brian, God. He was a complete mess! He would only get drunk and pass out. He wouldn't eat or take a shower. He couldn't even look at me, cause of course, I look like her!" Val said still aggravated.

"That must've been so hard for you guys. How long where they together?" I asked softly.

"For three years. She blew it with a great guy for some dipshit who only wanted sex." Val said.

"Damn. You know what they say, you never know what you got til it's gone. She's gonna learn that the hard way. How long has it been?" I asked curiously.

"About 6 months. He started pulling himself together when they had to go on tour. The guys and Matt told me he got drunk and had a different girl every night." Val said in a sad tone.

"How long were they on tour?" I asked.

"4 months." She said slowly.

"Whoa. That is a lot of women. Is he like a man whore?" I asked.

"No. Well, sort of. But when he started going out with her, he gave up all of his old habits." Val said lovingly.

"You really care about them don't you?" I asked.

"Yeah. They're my family." She said.

I smiled to myself when I suddenly remembered something that Val had said.

"Wait, now when you say they went on tour..." I trailed off.

"Yeah, they're in a band. Avenged Sevenfold." Val said proudly.

"Are you kidding me? They fuckin' rock! I've never seen them in concert but I've heard their music." I said.

"I know, they're really good. They've worked so hard. I really want to come and see you. Where are you?" She asked in a pleading voice.

I laughed slightly at her tone.

"I'm living in San Diego right now cause I'm going to college over here." I said.

"You're in college and in San Diego!? I was over here thinking you were in New York or some country over seas." She said.

"Not quite. That's too far from my brothers and my Lia." I told her.

"Oh my God. How is your grandma? I miss her. Is she doing good?" Val asked.

"Yeah, she's doing great. She missed you after we moved away." I told her.

"Aww. I missed her too. How about your brothers? Are they still crazy?" Val asked with a laugh.

"They are still crazy. Still the biggest tards in the world. They had a fit when I got a steady boyfried. Had an even bigger fit when I broke up with him and I wouldn't tell them why. They wanted to kick his ass so badly." I laughed.

"Yeah, they're the same. Would it be okay if I came and saw you?" Val asked in a hopeful voice.

"Seriously?! I would love that! When can you come?" I asked getting so excited that I couldn't sit anymore and I started jumping up and down.

"I can come this weekend if it's cool. Are you jumping up and down right now?"She asked.

"Yes! I'm so excited to see you." I said giggling.

"I know, me too!" She squealed.

"Fuck!" She yelled.

"What happened?" I asked, alarmed at her sudden out burst.

"Matt and the guys are coming home from the tour this weekend." Val said in a deflated tone.

"Aren't you excited to see Matt?" I asked confused and trying to hide the disappointment that I might not be able to see her.

"Of course I do but I want to see you too." She said.

We were both quiet for a minute, thinking of a way to make this right.

"Ooh, I've got it." Val yelled.

"What? Tell me!" I said eagerly.

"The guys could come with me. You know, if that's okay with you." Val said.

"Hell yeah! That's cool with me. I'm used to a full house so that's totally fine with me." I said.

"Yay! Okay. So it's cool if we come on Saturday?" Val asked.

"Yeah that would be great." I said jumping up and down again.

"Ooh, I'm so excited! I can't wait." She said.

I heard a door slam on Val's side of the line.

"Oh crap!" She said.

"Hey Val, I'll just talk to you tomorrow, ok. I didn't mean to interupt everything." I said.

"Oh you didn't interupt anything. But, yeah, I'll call you tomorrow." I said.

"I love you babe." Val sang.

"I love you too honey bear." I sang back with a laugh.

She laughed and we hung up.

I dropped the phone and fell back on to the couch.

I was so happy.

I was gonna see Val, her boyfriend and their friends.

How fucking awesome is that? I asked myself as I drifted to sleep with a smile on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, someone reported my story and I have no idea why. There's nothing wrong with my story, and if there is, message me and let me know.