Status: Complete

Seize The Day

Seize The Day (Part 37)

I don't know how long I hit the punching bag before I finally collapsed onto the floor, gasping for air.

I felt a pair of small arms turn me around to face them.

I looked into Sasha's soft face and my eyes filled with tears.

"It's ok, sweetheart." She said, cradling my face softly.

I blinked my eyes rapidly and the tears disappeared.

"No, it's not Sash. For once, it's really not ok." I said firmly.

"What he did is not ok, but it is ok to be mad. It's ok to be so upset the only thing left to do is cry. It's ok to be vulnerable sometimes, Cee. You don't have to be strong all the time." Sasha said, never looking away from my eyes.

I feel so empty and alone.

I'm surrounded by people who care about me and I feel alone.

"It's not fair." I grumbled.

"I know it's not. But you know what?" She asked me.

"What?"I asked.

"He's gonna wake up everyday without you by his side and he's gonna realize what a dumb piece of shit he is. Cause he just let the best thing in his life, slip right through his fingers." Sasha said.

I laughed.

"You are so dramatic." I said, still shaking with laughter.

"That may be true, but it got you laughing." She said with a smile.

"True, very true. Thank you for coming." I said.

Sasha smiled and pulled me into her arms, hugging me tightly.

"I will always be here for you. No matter what." She said firmly.

"Hmm, what if I'm out of the country and I slip going down the stairs, breaking both my legs?" I said .

"I'll catch the next plane out of the country and when I see you, we'll laugh about how only you could be clumsy enough to fall down some stairs and break both your legs." Sahsa said.

I laughed.

"When you go into labor for the first time and you're trying to kill the doctor because it hurts so much, I'll be there to hold your hand and remind you that if you kill him, they won't give you any drugs to numb the pain. I'll always be there." Sasha said with smile.

"You better." I said, squeezing her to my chest.