Sexy runs in the family

Its now or never [part one]

"Aiden!!!"

This wasn't happening. This WAS NOT happening.

"O-Oh m-my g-g-od." Warm tears streamed down Naadia's cheeks as she crawled on her hands and knees through the cold bitter snow towards the edge of the hill where she just witnessed Aiden tumbling over to his death. Because of her. He had saved her in trade of his own life. No, it wasn't right. He had so much more to live for! This wasn't happening. If he was dead..she just wouldn't be able to live with herself especially since she hadn't told him how she really felt.

"A-Aiden..please..oh my god he's dead" she said in a whisper as she tried to gain the courage to peak over the jagged edge.

"Geez..give me a little credit."

A ghost? Aiden's ghost? Coming back to haunt her..maybe?

"I'm sorry Aiden's ghost! I didn't know! Your more than welcome to haunt me, this was my fault. I'm so stupid! I'm so so sorrryyy!" Naadia sobbed out in a wail, the tears at heavy stream blurring her vision.

"Hey Naad..can we cut the dramatics..I need a little help here."

Wiping the tears from her face, Naadia peaked over the edge to the scene of poor Aiden literally holding on for dear life. Upon further inspection he seemed fine-..no wait she zoomed onto his arm which had a huge gash and was oozing a large amount of blood.

"Aiden! Your alive! thank god I thought-.."

"Yeah..i'm glad to but that won't be the case for long if you don't help me up." Aiden said calmly as his normal caramel eyes turned dark.

"Oh right right." Naadia looked around in a panic. What to do, what to do! Cell phone!

Fumbling through her jacket pocket she whipped out her mobile device and stared at the home screen. A deep frown came upon her face as she dissapointingly realized there was no signal, go figure. She let out a deep sigh and looked behind her to the trail that led them to the spot they were in now. There was no way she would be able to run to the lodge and back and expect Aiden to still be holding on, especially with the gnarly injury he was sporting. This sure was a pressued situation, but she had to act fast.

"Aiden.." Naadia said, the tears began to pour down her face once more as she leaned over the edge eyeing Aiden who was starting to look strained. That perfectly olive colored complexion was straing to pale, he was losing a lot of blood.

"I trust you..Naadia." Aiden said with a weak smile. With a slow nod, Naadia wiped the tears away and replaced the look of fear with determination. As if she was going to let her future hubby die like this.

Looking down she noticed that the sleeves to her jacket were really long..she couldn't even see her hands, she recalled having to constantly roll them up. Her mother had a bad habit of buying clothes that were a size or two too big for her at times which is why she never went shopping with-..wait..that was it! It was a long shot but she had no other ideas and time was running out.

"I'm going to get you outta here Aiden." she said determination building. She had to do this fast. The coldness in the air was growing stiffening. Naadia quickly removed her coat and quickly felt the pinch of the bitter wind, but she didn't have time to concern herself with that.

"Aiden your not that far down, i'm going to lower my jacket and try to lift you up ok?" she said as she began to lower her coat. While strength wasn't clearly on her side she had to try.

Naadia lowered the sleeve towards the male where it stopped just above his head. Just then she realized the problem. He had an injured arm and his good arm was occupied with holding on for dear life. Crap.

"Crap." she said outloud.

Aiden look up at her and then at his only chance at survival. There was no way he was going to just welcome death. Not today. Not here, not now.

"Naadia i'm going to quickly let go of the branch and grab on to the sleeve. Your tiny so use the branch to steady yourself so I don't bring you down with me."

Oh man was this guy smart or what?

"Ok!" Naadia said as she grabbed the lowered branch of the large tree. "I'm ready!" she said as she braced herself. It was now or never.

Everything seemed to go in slow motion then. Its funny how serious situations always seem to go in slow mo. A pause elapsed before Aiden let go of the branch and grabbed hold of the sleeve just barely gripping it within his fingers. Naadia felt a large weight tugging at the jacket and with all the strength she had in her being she began to pull hard. The seams screamed as they stretched beyond their bounds. It wasn't looking good. Naadia didn't seem strong enough. Luckily however Aiden wasn't completely immobile, with the strength of his legs he caught a rock at the side of the edge and almost flung himself the rest of the distance.

The two flew back into the snow, Aiden falling on top of Naadia, the two panting heavily.

"You did it." Aiden said wearily as he looked at Naadia's face, her eyes watering with tears as she sat up and held him in her arms. She said something to him just then, he hadn't heard what it was but he smiled nonetheless at her before he slipped into the unforgiving darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow I didn't know I left that last chapter at a cliffhanger..for more than a year at that. Terrible! I'm deeply sorry. And here is another chapter for those of you who are still interested. I'm sorry and stop glaring daggers into your screen, i'm doing this in parts so don't freak, part 2 is coming right after this lol