Status: Getting there. pop in and tell us how we're doing :) Have a good new year!

Give Me a Kiss and I Will Surrender

And it seems like, nothing now will ever change...

I woke that morning to a backache and cramps in my legs. I found myself glaring as the sun poured in through the oversized window in front of me. “Urg, I swore I shut the curtains.” I said with my eyes still half shut, and my mind still dazed from sleep. When I opened my eyes I realised I wasn’t at home, I was in the back of my car. I’ve been sleeping in the car for almost a week now. My jeans were far too small to sleep in My black soft top Chevrolet Camaro imported from my hometown stood out from the Cadillac Escalade that I was parked next to. America is a big place bigger then the place I used to live. Sunnier too. Hertfordshire is no match to California bright sunshine and a beautiful beach. I was parked in front of a small block of flats that I had been assigned to. Another girl about my age was also assigned. Cal State Uni is the reason I’m here in the first place, and I’m sure that’s why my new room mate is here too.
Finally, a small black van arrived with the movers logo printed on the bonnet. I swiftly opened the small car door and stood out in the shining sun. Walking past the Escalade I noticed the dash board was littered with empty bottles, cups and wrappers. “Great,’ I thought to myself, ‘My new room mate is a slob!” I met the mover guy at his window. He was dark skinned and wore a flat peak hat, his friend sat in the seat newt to him was pale, like a vampire and wore his hair long down his back, They got out of their van and worked quickly to get my boxes of stuff up the small staircase and left them outside the door for me to move. They worked in silence, all the way through. I travelled light expecting to buy new stuff while out here, so I only had ten boxes, but I needed to hire the van as my small Camaro only had two seats and I could only carry a small suitcase of clothes. I realised I didn’t have my key to the apartment yet, I knocked on the door hoping my new roomie was nice.
“Haii,’ I spoke softly, ‘I’m Saffiee, I’m your new roomie?” A girl slightly taller then I answered the door; she wore three-quarter length jeans and a tee that displayed a rock band logo. Her hair was a vibrant ginger colour and she had glistening green eyes. A band I recognised but couldn’t name were playing through her headphones which hung loosely around her neck, and she held a small pot of furniture polish and a duster.
“Hey, I’m Hayley, Welcome. I’m guessing that the T.V and sofa are yours. They were sitting outside when I got here and two guys made me sign for them. I hope they were yours.”
“Yeah they’re mine.” I smiled. Luckily they fit the colour scheme, I thought to myself.
**** **** **** **** ****
So this was the apartment I was going to be staying in, it was quite roomie and friendly. A nice sized sitting room, a kitchen, two bed rooms and a communal bathroom, the colour scheme in the communal rooms, such as bathroom and sitting room, was cream and chocolate/coffee and the bedroom I was assigned too had a warming feeling even though the window was wide open without nets, curtains or a blind. A comfy looking double bed sat in the corner of the room on wooden floor, a fluffy rug sat neatly under the window, that won’t be here long.
Hayley seemed nice; although she kind of scared me, I guess ill survive. She seemed to like heavy music, music that was too heavy for me. Metal, screaming, I didn’t like it, slipknot was as heavy as it got for me. I was more YouMeAtSix and Enter Shikari, but I’m pretty sure we’d get along just fine.
I walked out of my room wondering whether we had any food when I saw Hayley sat in front of the sofa, “Hey, Hayley you know you can sit on the sofa? Oh and do we have any food?” I spoke but she just lifted her head, confused, dazed even, like she hadn’t heard me. “Hayley?” I asked once again.
“Wha... What?!” She asked, confused still, taking her headphones out of her ears and turning to face me. “Did you say something?” Her eyes looked in pain but there was some spark in her eyes that told me she was fine.
“No, it’s okay.” I laughed it off as I walked into the kitchen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its short i didnt know where to take it.

Chapter name from; Enter Shikari , Hectic.