‹ Prequel: My Safe Haven

10 Things

Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I swam around for a few more minutes before I got a cold chill and decided that it was time to get out and get dresses. I looked around for Ethan, but didn’t see him anywhere.

“Ethan? Where are you?” I yelled into the warm night air. I felt someone pinch my wide and screamed. The person turned me around and covered my mouth.

“Shhhhhh.” Ethan said as he covered his mouth with his pointer finger. I nodded and stopped screaming.

“I thought that we had rules?” I said and pinched him back.

“I thought that I could break just one.” he said and smiled.

“Well you already did so there is no stopping you now.” I said and he laughed.

“….Sorry.”

“It’s okay, just don’t do it again.” I said in a whisper and looked at him. Our eyes locked and I saw something in his eyes, something that I just couldn’t pin point. He smiled at me and started leaning in towards me as soon as I did. I was going to kiss him. Ethan. As soon as our lips were to meet lights flashed on us and we heard a voice.

“Please put your hands above your heads, and don’t move!”

“Who the hell called the cops on us?” I whisper-shouted to Ethan who stood next to me.

“I have no fucking idea.” he whisper-shouted back as we put our hands above our heads.

“Please come out of the water, and put your clothes on, and then I will follow you down to the station.” the officer said and I gulped. This was not good.

<><><><>At the Station<><><><>

“Would you like to explain why you and your friend were skinny dipping in Waverly’s Pond?” the officer asked me and I nodded.

“It was on my list of ten things to do before I die. I was diagnosed with caner of the womb, and was only given eight months to live.” I said and she nodded and wrote what I had said down on a sheet of paper.

“How old are you, and what is your name?” she asked me.

“Iris Jane Simons-James, and I am seventeen years old.” I said and looked down.

“Well Iris, am going to let you and your friend off with a warning, but if I see you in here again, I wont be as nice.” she said with a slight smile.

“Thank you.” I said and smiled back and stood up. We shook hands and I waited outside the room and waited for them to release Ethan so we could go home. Five minutes later he walked out of the room across from where I was sitting, and he looked relieved that the police weren’t charging us with anything.

“Are you ready to go home?” I asked him and he nodded. It was about two thirty A.M., and I could tell that he was tired, like I was.

“yeah, but I am going to crash at your house for tonight.” he said and slung his arm around me. I nodded and walked out to my truck.
♠ ♠ ♠
short i know.

Question of the day: should Riley start dating Ethan and become a total bitch to Iris or should Ethan pick someone else and have her become a total bitch?