Don't Knock It

Jesus Had Nothing To Do With It

Celina twisted a lock of hair around her finger while she waited in the car. When Nick came back out of the store, his fingers tangled with Brook’s, she felt her stomach flip slightly. It still didn’t feel right, knowing her brother and her best friend were together, even though they had been since she was fifteen. It was worse back then though. Brooklyn was in grade nine, while Nick and Ben were in grade eight. Celina was in grade ten, and dating the grade eight boys had become a trend between the grade ten and nine girls. Even after the fad faded, Nick and Brooklyn stood strong.

Celina sighed and grabbed her notebook, staring blankly at the page. She had written three songs the night before and now she had nothing.

“Earth to Celina, are you in there Celina?” Ben asked, playfully shoving the brunette aside. Celina woke from her day dream and shot Ben a joking glare.

“I’m good. I was just thinking about the meeting.” Celina admitted.

“The meeting? Why are you so stressed? They said they loved our music didn’t they?” Ben laughed, but not in a mocking way.

“I know, but you know what it’s like opening for another band. It’s new, and scary and-”

“Fun, exciting, fresh, crazy and it’s a great way to meet new people. You need to relax Celina. Did you take your medication?” Ben asked, giving her a worried glance.

Celina nodded and sighed, knowing that he was right. She always found it so funny because when they were younger, in high school and such, she always found things with Ben so strange due to the fact that he was two years younger than her, and best friends with her little brother. But once they were older, it was relaxed and she had gotten used to him being around. He was the one who came up with idea to become a band. It was during Celina’s grade twelve year. They had all been jamming for a year and Ben thought that it would be cool to perform around town and in the near city and towns. Brooklyn and Nick were not so fond of the idea but since Celina hadn’t performed since the beginning of grade eleven, she agreed.

Next thing the group knew was they were being offered a deal and then they had a cd out. People liked their music and three years after being discovered, they were being asked to join a tour.

“Turn left!” Brooklyn shouted at Nick, who quickly turned the wheel, knocking Celina into the reality world.

“Jesus Brook!” Nick shouted, leaning over and planting a kiss on her cheek. Brooklyn blushed lightly and slapped his arm.

“Okay, are we here yet love birds?” Ben asked, giving Celina a polite smile.

“Yeah, we have arrived.” Nick laughed, parking the car.

“All right gang. Let’s show these guys who means business.” Celina smiled, hiding her worry. She climbed out of the car and headed straight for the trunk, where her guitar was packed away along with Brooklyn’s guitar. Celina had a Taylor Koa Electric Acoustic, while Brooklyn had a Gibson Hummingbird.

“Ready?” Ben asked, slipping his fingers through Celina’s.

“Ready.” She smiled.

The four walked in through the doors of the building in pairs. They didn’t go unnoticed but they didn’t attract much attention. Celina considered how many artists walked through the doors she just had.

“Hello, we are here to see Skye Campbell,” Celina spoke clearly. The receptionists smiled and nodded, her red bob shaking as she did so.

“Conference Room 8, on the fourth floor.” The girl pointed towards the elevator.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please like it. Comment it. Subscribe to it. It being this story. Thanks,

Love Celina