Status: Comments Appreciated!

And I'm Too Good for You? Ha! ... Right

#1

Seleste's POV

I walked down the halls of my new high school with Rylee. I was slightly slouched with my jacket perfectly obscuring my fat. While Rylee walked tall and proud.

Rylee wasn't exactly my sister. Her parents had kicked her out for getting suspended, again, and me and my family, with me being her best friend since forever, gladly took her in. She was tall, had long wavy auburn hair, and with green eyes with outer rings of blue. She wore an Iron Maiden shirt, orange skinny jeans, and black high tops. She was outgoing, funny, and tough.

Whereas myself, I was a little on the short side, had really long, straight fine light brown hair, green-hazel eyes. I wore my infamous pink and black striped jacket (not so good for blending in), a plain black t-shirt, darkwash jeans, one lolli-pop converse, and one unicorn converse. And I was outgoing with people I knew and more of a 'make love not war' person.

My dad got a new job in Belleville, New Jersey. Needless to say it was way too far to drive to work everyday from Nevada. So here we were in our new high school, Belleville High.

"Ry, do you think we'll make any friends here? They all seem like preppy bitches." I said pulling the strap on my bag further up.

"Calm down Seleste. There has got to be some cool people here somewhere." She said putting a hand on my shoulder.

Just then the first bell rang "What do you have first?" She said getting her schedule out.

I got mine out of my back pocket. "Um Pre Calc with Schmidt."

"Damn smarty, I've got Geometry with Puck" She said smiling evily.

"Rylee, don't do it." I said walking backwards down the hall I thought was the right one.

"Oh c'mon!" She whined. "It's just so easy!"

"Don't," I warned.

"Fine. I'll see you at lunch." She said before running down a hall.

I walked quickly to Mr. Schmidt's room and quickly took an empty seat in the back. A couple more students ran in just as the bell rang and sat in the front row. I slumped down in my seat as the ugly balding man walked to the front.

"Class pay attention!" He called as I slumped more. "I have some news," Oh no. " It seems we have a new student in class," Oh no no no no no no no. "Her name is Eliz-"

I cut him off. "Seleste! I-I prefer Seleste"

"Okay Seleste Playmons"

"Plemmons" I corrected him.

"Okay Seleste why don't you stand up real quick to give the class a chance to look at you," He said smiling politely.

I slowly stood up blushing ten shades of red. The whole class simultaneously turned toward me, all chairs squeaking. I sat down quickly as he went to the board.

I felt a tap on my right shoulder. I turned to the boy on my right momentarily stunned by hazel eyes and long black hair. "Y-yes?" I whispered nervously.

"You're one of the new girls?" He asked. I nodded. "I'm Gerard." He flashed a smile full of bright white teeth.

"S-Seleste." I said shaking ever-so-slightly.

"What year are you in?"

"I'm a sophmore. And the other girl, Rylee, who moved here with me is a junior." I said shyly.

"Let me see your schedule." He said politely. I handed it to him with shaky, sweaty hands. I'm not good with meeting new people without Rylee. She gives me my confidence. "You're next class is with my brother. I'll escort you there." He smiled.

"Thank you." I said with a small smile.