Status: Comments Appreciated!

And I'm Too Good for You? Ha! ... Right

#13

I stood there as Bob whispered something in Rylee’s ear and then walked right by me. She looked shocked. “What did he say?” I asked in a hoarse raspy voice.

She stood there for a minute and said, “He-he-he said-“ She cut herself off and stared down the hallway a moment more. “Nothing,” She concluded. She moved past me into the hallway shaking her head. Rylee was my best friend in the whole world and I loved her and was curious as to what just happened, but my pride was hurt when she yelled at me, so I didn’t go after her.

I went back into my room and grabbed my stuff for a shower. I got in the shower and allowed the warm water to run over me for a few minutes loosening my muscles into relaxation. I then cleaned myself and got out. I got dressed and blow dried my hair. When I looked in the mirror at my reflection two or three brown spots covered different places on my neck. I groaned as I remembered how they got there. I pretty much felt disgusted at myself for making out with someone I just met. I wiped the few tear that fell from my eyes and went back to bed where I spent the rest of the day.

Numerous times Rylee came in to try and get me to eat or drink. I just laid there in the same position all day doing nothing, eating nothing, drinking nothing. All I did was focus on the things I should’ve done instead of the things I did.

All day I tortured myself with how I just threw the memories of my first love away with some booze because they made me sad. All day I tortured myself with how I did him wrong for making out with Frank, for drinking to the point of being passed-out drunk, to just shoving him in a box until now.

I laid there and sobbed as I said aloud, “I’m so sorry Jordan. I’m so so sorry Jordan. Please forgive me. Please... just forgive me.”

Rylee ran in and asked urgently, “Seleste what’s wrong?” I stayed there and repeated it over and over again. Rylee grabbed me by the shoulders forcing me to look at her. “Seleste you better tell me what the fuck is wrong or I will beat the living hell out of you!” She whispered serious.

I stared at her incredulously. “You wouldn’t understand Rylee! Your first love didn’t die before you got the chance to tell them!” I yelled right in her face the tears flowing readily.