Status: unfinished

Vampire Affection ... Taken for my purity

They're Related

They’re Related
“Miss Summers, your late!” Mrs. Ranger says while scribbling something on a piece of paper. “Sorry Mrs. Ranger I had to go to the bathroom.” I reply as I shut the door behind me. “No excuses in my classroom young lady. You either need to learn how to walk faster or how to hold your bladder.” She boldly suggests. The class room starts to fill with laughter and whispers. “You have detention after school, I’ll be expecting you to show up Miss Summers.” Mrs. Ranger adds before starting her lesson.
I sit down in my chair, while mocking her rude comments in my head. “How can she give me detention? This is my first tardy. Is that woman freaking insane?” I angrily confer to myself. “I’ll show her detention! I’m going to make it a living nightmare.” I evilly whisper with a low tone. I am planning out my despising scheme when the bell suddenly rang.
I jolt up out of my seat and make for the hallway. As I turn the corner after passing the doorway, something snatches my book bag. While my body jerks back from the unexpected force, my footing became shaky. I lose my balance and fall to the ground. “How many times am I going to fall today?” I yell at myself as I lean forward. My books are scattered along the hallway, and my bag is torn apart. “This day just keeps getting better and better!” I moan, looking at the mess I have created.
“Need any help Kat?” A calm voice says to me. I scowl up at the figure, thinking it is some kind of cruel joke. Mr. Nelson held is hand out in front of him, and smiles. “Yes, thank you.” I mutter, realizing it isn’t at all a joke. I notice his hand are soft and smooth as he reassuringly pulls me off the floor. Mr. Nelson helps gather my books, and the pieces to my bag.
“Thank you.” I sigh, humiliated at myself. “No problem, I like to be of assistance we needed.” Mr. Nelson proudly states. I watch his every movement until I realize something. “You know you look a lot like Mr. Creed. In a good way though.” I proclaim, grinning widely. “Yes, I’ve been told that before. Actually we are cousins.” He announces, pausing and smiling at me. “Can I ask you something then?” I mumble to him. “Sure.” Mr. Nelson agrees. “Why do you both work here? I mean, didn’t you want to be something besides a teacher?” I reluctantly ask, not knowing if this would upset him or not.
“It’s complicated, Kat. See the reason why we’re here is because we have a very important, lets say assignment. And we need to complete it or we will be in a lot of trouble.” He asserts, giving a deep look of concentration. “Yes, I would have liked to have been a doctor. But an unforeseen complication put me in a situation, were I could no longer pursue that occupation.” Mr. Nelson desolately dictums, placing a hand on my shoulder. My mind goes vacant and a revelation begins.
I envision Mr. Nelson pacing outside of a large structure. He is frustrated and confused, kicking around small rocks with his shoes. A bouquet of flowers were tightly secured in his right hand, and a note in his left. A woman with long blonde hair was screaming from a window a few stories up. “Just go away Marcus!” She demands. “Please Sarah, just let me explain, I swear nothing was going on between me and her.” He pouts, throwing his arms in the air.
“I know what I saw, and it was no accident. She didn’t just fall onto your lap!” Sarah yells, shaking her head in disbelief. “She came on to me, I tried to stop her. I promise baby.” He shouts, trying to convince her other wise. “I don’t want to talk about this anymore Marcus. I’m going to bed, so you should leave.” She says before shutting her window and locking it. “Sarah! Please just listen to me.” Mr. Nelson begs. “Sarah!” He hollers once more, trying to hold back his tears.
(Snap) He hears something moving from the woods behind him, and starts to panic. Mr. Nelson hesitates before walking away from the building, but finally forces himself to move. Street lights switch on as the sun falls to the west, and the sky becomes dark. He is constantly being vigilant about what’s around him. His body is trembling with fear, as he cautiously continues to walk promptly.
Mr. Nelson stops abruptly, and gasps dropping the flowers and note. “Oh come Marcus, you should know better than to walk home in the night alone.” A mysterious voice laughs out. He froze motionless, and couldn’t say a word. A figure appears in front of him spontaneously, then vanishes in seconds. “This is just too easy. Your suppose to play along with me.” The inexplicable thing says.
Mr. Nelson manages to speak out, “Who are you?” “Well, I am your cousin silly. Don’t you remember? Oh, maybe you don’t it’s been a few years.” It mentions to him. “Elliott? It can’t be, he died 7 years ago.” Mr. Nelson yells, confused about what is going on. “That’s what everybody thinks happened. When really I was reborn Marcus, given a new life to live.” Elliott declares, still nowhere to be found.
“Then show yourself.” He screams out, while trying to move. “It’s no use Marcus, you can’t do anything. Your under my control now.” Elliott smirks, as he reemerges face to face with Marcus. “How did you do that? What have you become Elliott?” Mr. Nelson questions him, still attempting to make some kind of movement. “I want to help you Marcus, help you get rid of all your problems. You could be like me, living immortal and free.” Elliott suggests, smiling ear to ear.
“You can keep your filthy offer. I will never be like you.” He shouts, giving a displeasing look. “That’s too bad. Because now I’m going to have to do this the hard way.” his cousin says, while grinning. Elliott opens his mouth and hisses, as his teeth form into razor-sharp points. He then grabs one side of Mr. Nelsons neck tightly, and leans towards the other. His fangs puncture through Marcus’s skin like a knife through butter, making Mr. Nelson squeal deafeningly.
“Stop…. Elliott!” he barely stutters out, while groaning in pain. Elliott withdrawals his fangs and hand from Marcus, and whispers “I’ll see you soon cousin.” Mr. Nelson grips his freshly bitten wound and slowly collapses to the ground. He lays there motionless and cold, struggling to understand what has happened. “Are you okay? Mr. Nelson asks me, waving a hand in front of my face. I regain my sight as I focus back on the present. “Marcus is a vampire too.” I quietly announce, while looking at the floor.
“What did you say?” He demands, letting go of my shoulder. “Marcus! Your name is Marcus and your cousin’s…, I mean Mr. Creed’s name is Elliott.” I explain with a suspicious smile, after finally understanding my vision. “How do you know that, Kat?” He replies, curious and confused. I inch backwards a few steps and turn around walking away, not saying another word. “Kat!” Mr. Nelson yells while catching up to me.
He grabs my arm, making me drop my things onto the ground. “Get off of me!” I scream, yanking my arm out of his grasp. “Tell me, how you know our names?” He spits out, with anger and perplexity. “I just do!” I shout back, picking my belongings up. Mr. Nelson wraps his hands around my throat and squeezes upward, until my feet no longer touch the floor. I pull and scratch at his arms trying to break free, but he just tightens his grip even more.
He has me held up against lockers, about halfway off the ground. I concentrate really hard about pushing him off of me, and getting loose. “Let go of me!” I scream, trying to catch my breath. Astonishingly he is thrown across the hallway, colliding into the other lockers. He growls, pushing himself upwards. “I don’t know what just happened, but I’m getting out of here.” I think to myself. “Come back!” Mr. Nelson hollers, standing alone in the hallway.
I run all the way to my next class, knowing I have to tell Sofia. “Would she believe me if I told her the truth? Or would she just laugh at me and call me crazy?” I ask myself as I approach the classroom door. I burst in and dash over to Sofia, pulling her by her hand. “Sorry Emergency!” I quickly exclaim to Mrs. Toll before racing into the hall. I slam the door shut, and prepare to clarify what has just occurred to me.