‹ Prequel: Fake Boyfriend
Status: Complete

Shot of Vodka, Shot of Pain

Shower Stalls and 911 Calls

"Pagan! Pagan wake up! We gotta move!" Jesse frantically called to me. I sat up suddenly to him dragging me to the bathroom. Once we were behind closed doors he passed me my jeans and pushed me toward the shower.

"Jesse what--" I was cut off by a loud bang followed by another.

Jimmy had found us. I struggled to put my jeans on as I stumbled to the shower. Jesse pulled me by my arm and was already on the line with 911 as he drew the curtain close. He spoke in a low voice as the banging went on. Suddenly it ceased as I heard the door break open. Jimmy was in the room and the only thing between us and him was a door.

"Stay here and don't move," Jesse said. As he stepped out of the tub, I pulled on his arm to get him to stop.

"Jesse!" I screamed in a whisper.

He lifted one finger to his lips but I kept saying his name over and over, trying to get him to cross the tiny expanse of the bathroom.

"Pagan shut the hell up. Life or death dear," he said and put a hand on the door knob.

I knew there was no turning back for him now but I wasn't about to wait on the sidelines. I finished putting on my jeans and slowly padded towards the bathroom door. Jesse and Jimmy were standing in the small entry hallway staring at each other. A wild west showdown was taking place in our hotel room. They didn't speak for what seem liked an eternity as the clock ticked away another minute. Jimmy made a small movement but Jesse was right there, mimicking his every move.

"Where is she?" Jimmy asked.

"Where is who?" Jesse asked, playing dumb. I hope he was just buying some time instead of trying to be funny.

"You know who I'm talking about. Where is Pagan?" Jimmy said in a calm yet intimidating voice.

"Where you'll never find her," Jesse said. Jimmy rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest. It was obvious he was not buying it.

Jesse was probably prepared for another question when Jimmy struck. He rammed into Jesse, knocking him down to the ground. I watched as he fell and his arm hit the edge of the table on the way down. I could feel the sickening crunch in my own bones as Jesse's broke. Jimmy was right on top of him, punching him all over and blood was everywhere. I let out a small whimper and saw Jimmy's head jerk in my direction.

Shit! Shit! Shit!

"PAGAN!" he screamed. By now our motel neighbors knew something was amiss and hopefully were frantically dialing 911 to get the police on their way. I knew Jesse had calmed them when Jimmy first arrived but his call was short and brief. Who knew if he had managed to get through?

He started towards me but Jesse somehow managed to get himself up and grabbed him at the waist from behind. He threw Jimmy down and with his good arm, gave him a taste of his own medicine. Just when I thought everything was good and I was cheering for the home team, it all flipped.

Jimmy pushed Jesse off of him using his legs and managed to stand up. After a kick to the ribs, Jesse was left stunned on the ground. Jimmy reached his arm around to his back and grabbed a hold of something.

A gun.

He too a shot at Jesse, aiming for his head, but Jesse managed to roll away in time. Jimmy quickly shot again, this time hitting Jesse in the shoulder rendering both of his arms useless. As Jesse reached for his shoulder with his broken arm, he cried out in agony. It burned into me deep into my core. I had to do something. I stepped out of the bathroom quietly, hands in the air to show him I wasn't armed.

"Jimmy," I said, my voice catching. He still had the gun pointed at Jesse but looked up at me.

"One last shot and we can finally be together," he said. His voice was quavering and his hand was shaking. He was nervous and I used that to my advantage. All I had to do was talk and he would listen.

"Jimmy you know you don't want to do this. I leave with you now just don't kill him. You can't take that on your conscious," I said. He smirked.

"You don't know me as well you think Pagan. I can easily shoot him and not feel a thing. Just watch," he said and looked back down at Jesse.

Watching his finger squeeze the trigger was the most agonizing thing in my life. I couldn't watch so instead I lunged at him. I managed to knock the gun free from his hand but he managed to knock me free too, my head hitting the wall. As the colors and lights danced before my eyes, I watched him take aim at Jesse again.

"Jimmy please," I said from the ground. My vision was clearing and I could see him look at me with no emotion in his eyes. Again his hand was on the trigger.

And then it was all over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliffhanger!!!!!

And I'm not posting the next chapter for at least a day or two just to keep everyone in suspense.

And yes, I am sadistic. And yes, I have my evil laughter down pat.