A Summer to Remember

Water, water everywhere, water, water in your hair

Ignoring the vibration of my phone I gazed at my reflection trying to decide what to do with my hair. It was already beginning to dry into its usual light brown curls. Sighing I clipped my hair to the side giving it a half up half down sort of look and let my side bangs fall across my face. Good enough I thought as I reached for my phone.

New Text: Julie

I cant believe u walked in2 the wall right in front of him! Thts hilarious.

New Text: Dani

I sure no how to make an entrance thts 4 sure…

As I waited for her reply I pulled out my make up bag and put on a light coat of mascara. I didn’t over do it because Julie is constantly saying that I have natural beauty that I should take advantage of. Of course I think she’s just saying that because she’s my best friend, but I take her word for it hence the minimum amount of make up.

New Text: Julie

Wut r ur plans 4 this lovely summer day since im not there to entertain u with my gracious presence

New Text: Dani

Well Jake, Patrick and Jon apparently have my whole summer planned out…

New Text: Julie

???????

“Daniiiiiiiii,” Jake called from downstairs. “Hurry up!”

New Text: Dani

Cnt tell u l8ter lylas

“Coming,” I yelled back as I grabbed my sunglasses off my vanity and hurried down the stairs. I knew I would have a bunch of text when I got home, Julie hates it when I start to tell her about something then don’t finish, but honestly I don’t care because my summer is just about to begin.

***************************************************************************************************

“Shotgun!” I yelled then raced to beat everyone else to the car.

“Aw, come on!” I heard Patrick say. “Now I have to sit next to Tazerrrrr” His complaining made me erupt into a fit of giggles. Patrick sounded exactly like a little kid did when he didn’t want to do something.

“Man up superstar,” I teased him. “People don’t always get what they want.” We hardly made it 15 minutes in the car before my curiosity got the best of me. “What are we going to do?” I said turning myself to face Toews, Burish, Sharp and Kane all squished together in the back. It looked pretty ridiculous only if I had my camera….

“How is it that the tiniest one in this car gets the most space?” Sharp asked in an annoyed tone.

“Oh stop trying to avoid my question. I really want to know what we’re doing today.” I pestered them.

“Well, its pretty hot out today,” Burish began as Jake turned off the engine.

“Why thank you Captain Obvious,” I retorted. “You still haven’t told me what were doing.”

“Oh just wait, you’ll never know what hit you,” Toews replied as he got out of the car. With a defeated sigh I got out too. Well I guess I’ll have to wait… or so I thought. The second I turned around I was hit square in the face with a water balloon. Oh man, this means war. I spotted a bucket right by the trunk of a nearby tree. I sprinted away from the car towards the bucket. They obviously didn’t think to hide it, but that’s their loss because they are going to get it. I peered inside the bucket there wasn’t any water balloons in it. “Wow you guys would,” I yelled.

“What was that?” Sharp asked. It sounded like his voice was near me, but I couldn’t see him.

“You guys are huge jerks! It’s a water balloon fight, how are you supposed to get wet if I don’t have any balloons to throw at you!” I told Sharp and whoever was with him.

“Well… we could give you someone balloons, but you might hit Sharp and mess up his hair.” Burish retorted. Above me I heard a brief chuckle that caused me to look up… by far one of the worst ideas I ever had. Not one but several water balloons came pouring out of the tree and landed on me. Before I had a chance to recover, Burish, Sharp and Kane were out of the tree and running a full out sprint away from me. I was about to start after them, but Jake called my name.

“Dani!” I spun around with my hands covering my face preparing for another attack. “Dani,” Jake called again.

“Yes?” I asked lowering my hands.

“Get over here!” Once I got to Jake he handed me two water balloons. “There’s a whole bucket by the bench.”

“Yes time for some revenge,” I said. I spotted Sharp over by another tree. I slyly made my way over towards him. When I was about ten feet away I hurled both water balloons at him, one at his back the other at his head. Quickly I made my way towards the bench to collect more water balloons.

“Fancy meeting you here.” A voice from behind me said. I nearly jumped out of my skin.

“Jeez, Patrick you almost gave me a heart attack.”

“Sorry, Dani,” He said reaching for hug. I must admit I really thought for a second that he was going to give me one. Instead once his hands reached my back he pushed me towards his body causing the water balloon he was holding to explode all over my back. I looked up at Patrick to see him smirking at me. Coming up with a plan of my own, I took a water balloon out of the bucket and beckoned him with my finger. He lowered his head down to mine, still wearing that stupid smirk. I put my arms around his neck and slowly made moved them up towards the top of his head and popped the balloon. Patrick’s hair was soaked and little droplets of water fell from his curls onto his face. I started to run, but Patrick was too quick. He scooped me up so that I was hanging over his shoulder.

“Patrick,” I said in warning tone. Of course he didn’t respond he just kept walking. “Patrick,” I said once more, but this time in a pleading tone.

“Yes?” Even though I couldn’t see his face I knew he was smirking.

“Can you put me down?”

“Nope,” He said simply.

“Come on Patrick.” I sighed out of frustration. We walked a little farther before I could hear voices.

“Hey, Kaner you caught her,” Toews shouted.

“Yup,” Patrick said as he put me down.

“Finally!” I exclaimed. Examining my surroundings I saw that Burish, Toews, Sharp and Jake were here, but they were practically dry. “You guys aren’t even wet,” I told them my voice filled with disappointment. “Where’s the fun in that.” Before they could reply I picked up a bunch of water balloons for a bucket threw two at each of them. Without missing a beat they all picked up water balloons and started flinging them all over.

Fifteen minutes later we ran out of water balloons, but to my satisfaction Toews, Sharp, Burish, Kane and even Jake were dripping head to toe. With a victorious smile I headed back to the car wondering if tomorrow could possibly bring as much fun as today.
♠ ♠ ♠
Want the next chapter? All you have to do is comment :)