I Hate That I Love You

Chapter Eight

-Melanie’s POV-
I looked over my shoulder before getting out of my car and getting Leila out of her car seat. I walked inside the daycare and signed us in. I took her to her classroom then went to mine. I taught the children their ABC’s, numbers, music, reading, and how to write their names.
“Melanie?”
I looked up to see my best friend Jacqueline a.k.a. Jackie. She was tall, thick with curves, has long, wavy, hazel hair, wears glasses that hide her pretty brown eyes, and is a part time student at USC when she isn’t helping around here at the daycare to earn extra money; she’s 20. “Hey Jackie!”
“Hey, I just got back from spending an amazing break with my boyfriend.” Jackie has been dating this guy named Neil for 3 years now. He was, had forest green eyes, jet black hair that was always messy, he’s pale, slightly tanned, and is in med school.
“That’s nice, how’s school going”, I asked.
“It’s going good. Hey I just came back here to tell you that your boyfriend came and got Leila. He took her out for lunch.”
“My boyfriend, do you mean Tom?”
“Does Tom have dark brown hair, grey eyes, and is freakishly tall and muscular”, she asked.
I about died right there. “Josh!”
“Yea that’s his name, he said that he was Leila’s father and that he would bring her to school tomorrow.”
I ran out of my class and out into the parking lot. Josh was sitting there in his car waiting for me.
“Get in, beautiful.”
My mind was telling me to run and call the police. But he has Leila. I slowly walked over to the car and got in.
“Good girl, now put on your seatbelt, I don’t want you to get hurt.” He threw the car in reverse then drove out of the parking lot.
While he was watching the road I sent a quick text to Tom. Please God let him hear his phone. He replied back telling me that he was calling the cops and told me to call him so that he could hear what was going on. I did as he asked.
“You’ve given me a lot of trouble you know that don’t you.” He looked at my wrist. “What happened?”
“You broke it dumbass and you broke 3 of my ribs.”
He slapped me for that. “Don’t get smart with me bitch!” we pulled into an abandoned apartment building. “I bought this building, real cheap, it’s fucking falling apart.”
I read off the address. I followed Josh into the building while he carried Leila. “Apartment 3C.”
“I’m glad you can read, Leila is going need her mommy to read to her. Welcome home baby, I’m your daddy and you and mommy are going to live with me now.” He sat her down on the couch then turned to me. “Go to my room and get undressed now.”
He pushed me into his room and closed the door behind him. “Strip!”
I began to cry. I pulled out my phone and keys and set them on the nightstand. “I’m sorry you have to hear this, Tom”, I said in German.
“No one can hear you, Melanie. Now strip!”
I took off my clothes, article by article until I was left standing there naked. He came over to me and pushed me roughly on the bed.
“I’m going to love you like that Tom Kaulitz I’ve see you in the papers with never could.” He pushed himself into me and I cried out for Tom.
-Tom’s POV-
I was breaking down crying in my car as I listened to what he was doing to her. I was driving as fast I could but for some reason the streets were jam packed with cars. I finally got out of my car and took off on foot. I made it to the building within 3 minutes. I ran up the stairs and kicked down the door.
Leila was on the couch crying. I went to her and handed her my phone. “911 is on it’s way, baby, okay?”
“Okay, Tomi.”
I kicked down the bedroom door and ran to the bed. I pulled Josh off of her then threw him against the wall.
“So you’re who Melanie’s been calling out for her. Say goodbye to your little boyfriend, Mel.” He lunged for me but I dodged him and he hit the wall. I grabbed him by his neck and threw him on the ground. I began to kick and punch him until he finally stopped moving.
“Is he dead”, Melanie asked weakly.
I was so pissed at what he did. I want him dead. “No, but I wish I had killed him though.” I kicked his body away from me and turned to Melanie.
“I’m not going to hurt you, I promise.” I walked over to her and held her in my arms. “Here”, I took off my shirt and helped her put it on. I picked her up then went out into the living room. “Leila, follow me, baby.” Leila got up, ran back to the room, picked up Melanie’s things, then followed me outside. The police were there waiting for us. They put Melanie in an ambulance and they put Josh in a police car. Leila and I climbed into the ambulance and rode to the hospital with Melanie.
********
I woke up a few hours later, to see Melanie staring at me. “What’s wrong are you hurt?”
“No, I was just thinking.”
“About what”, I asked.
“You; you have saved my life 2 times now. Why do you care about me so much?”
That’s a really good question. Huh, I never really thought about why I cared. “Because I just care about you, I love Leila like she was my own kid, and I guess…I guess I love you too. At least I think I do. This feeling that I have for you, I’ve never felt this before, but I honestly don’t want this feeling to go away.”
“I think I love you, Tom. And if you’re willing to wait until I can be comfortable again, if you just stick through with me, I think we can make it.”
I got up from my chair and went over to her bed. I held her in my arms then kissed her sweetly on her lips. She kissed me back then sighed and pressed her head into my chest.