Status: Updating soon... just a little writers block.

Seven Minutes

No More

"Avery!" I turn my head and see Blaise approaching me. He stops in front of me and when he sees my expression he asked, "What's wrong?"

I lean up and whisper, "He's here. Carson's dad. In the other room."

His eyes got wide, "Who is he?!"

People turned to at us and I quickly looked down, trying to avoid further embarrassment. Blaise turns to the people and says, "Does it look like you all are in this conversation?" They all turn away. "Didn't think so."

I pull him to a corner and quietly say, "All I saw were his eyes."

With a confused look he replies, "How?"

"What do mean how? All I saw were his eyes."

"How can you look at only someone's eyes? When I look at you, I see all of you."

I roll my eyes and say, "Of course you see me when you look at me. Glance to your left." He glances to his right. "That was your right. Anyway, what did you see?"

"Someone's nose."

"You saw a nose, I saw eyes."

He nods in understanding and says, "Okay, I get it. I'm going to check out the people here, see if I can spot him. You go talk to Drew like you told me you would. Make sure you give a good impression."

As I start walking away, I hear him shout, "Not too good! I don't want him falling in love with you!"

"Whatever."

On my quest to find Drew I run into Rilynn. She smiles and says, "Avery, I haven't talked with you since you came back." To sweet for Rilynn, she's planning something.

I put on an obviously fake smile and high sarcasm, I reply, "Oh yeah! I've just been dying to chat with you."

Her smile falters, "I know we never had the best relationship, but I thought we could start over. Whenever you come up in conversation Ashton has nothing but good things to say about you."

Fake smile still in place, sarcasm still evident, "Does she now?"

Her smile completely disappears and she says, "Listen Avery, you know I don't really care much for you. I don't want you hanging out with me or whatever. Ashton though, she hasn't been herself for some reason. I think you are a part of that reason. I want my VeeCee back and you're going to make sure that happens."

"VeeCee?"

"It's a nick-name for Ashton. I think it stands for vagin chaud or something. Like I know what that means."

My eyes are wide. Who is Ashton? Everything I know about her. . . has changed. She's gone, a new person.

I see Drew come into sight, so I quickly say something about having to go.

Leaving Rilynn in an angry state, I make my way to Drew. When I stop in front of him I ask, "What's your deal?"

He sways a little like he's had a little too much to drink. Then he asks, "You're Avery, right? When first saw you, I was like 'Wow, she's hot!' But then you went all 'Blaise is my best friend! You can't have him!' Cade thinks I over reacted and I'm being a baby. I think he can suck it." Then he falls.

At first I just stand there and wait for him to get back up. Eventually he's in a semi-standing position so I grab his arm and start pulling him to the kitchen which, surprisingly, is empty.

I sit Drew down in a chair, pour some water, and try to find some aspirin. After failing I sit down across from Drew and let him ramble like a drunk.

"Pink is a pretty color. I think I'm going to wear all pink on Tuesday. I would wear it on Monday but I'm wearing a suit on Monday. My birthday suit! Hahaha!"

I roll my eyes and just listen to his other drunk jokes.

After a while someone else comes in the room. Starting at the feet I saw Vans, then dark jeans, a fitted band t-shirt (on a fitted body), and then the back of a head.

He never turned around. Walked in, grabbed something from the fridge, then left.

I didn't see his eyes, but I know it was him. He was just a few feet away from me and I let him go.

"And then I was like wah and he was like wah and I was like na way, do, na way. Everything was crazy." Drew rambles and rambles but I keep thinking about him. He was right there and I was to frozen to make a move.

What could have been. . .

"Hey. Avery, are you okay?"

I open my eyes and see Blaise standing over me. I sit up and see that I'm in my room. Cam is sitting on my futon along with Sage. Blaise is now sitting at the end of my bed. "How did I get here? What happened?"

Blaise starts to speak but Cam beats him to it, "I walked into the kitchen and you were staring off into space. This dude was talking about condoms but I'm pretty sure, no positive, he was drunk. You just sat there though, deep in thought. It was sort of creepy."

I turn to Blaise, "Can I speak with you for a moment?"

He nods and pulls me out of the room. We walk down the hall and into Scar's room (she's not home). He closes the door and asked, "What the hell happened? When I sent you off to find Drew you were perfectly fine."

"Here's what happened; I ran into Rilynn, bitched with her for a moment and then found Drew. He was drunk so we just went to the kitchen I let him ramble. He walked in, then out. I just let him go."

"He? He who?"

"Are you serious? Carson's dad. I could have completely changed everything but I let him go.

"What?! Are you mad?!"

"What are you, British? Anyway I decided something."

"What?"

"I'm not going to look for him. What good would it do? Either his life would be ruined because he's taking care of the child he never meant to have or he'd act like he never knew me. Whichever one happened wouldn't end good. The only way for this to work out in the end would be for him not to know at all."

"Avery. Avery, I just don't know what to do with you."

"It's the only way, Blaise. Continue searching if you want but I'm done. I don't want to know him."

At that moment there was a knock on the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it's been awhile... sorry.
What do think about the new twist? She's giving up!
Who's at the door? Who is at the door? It could be anyone!
Hope you like it!
--bookidiot