Status: Updating soon... just a little writers block.

Seven Minutes

End Of Another Day

While in line, waiting to buy lunch, when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned and saw that Drew guy. I was about to turn back around when he asked, "Who are you?"

I answered, "Avery Singer, duh."

"No. I mean, Blaise told me you use to go here and in the middle of sophomore year, you just up and left. For no reason."

"If I haven't told Blaise about it, why would I tell you? I don't even know you."

He didn't even seem fazed, just continued talking, "I wasn't saying you have to tell me why you left. I was saying I think it's a little bizarre that you left with no explanation. I just want to know what kind of person you are, especially if we're going to be friends."

"Who said we're going to be friends?" I certainly never did.

"Well you're friends with Blaise, I'm friends with Blaise..."

I sighed and replied, "I'm trying to forget my past and that means forgetting Blaise as best I can. That means not being friends with him. Could you pass that on to him?" With that I walked out of line and headed to the library, my sanctuary.

It was after school and I was in my car trying to absorb what had happened in the past hours. I found out that Blaise found some friends which was good. I found out Ashton is now a slut and in the afternoon I saw that her new best friend is Rilynn. I also found out that one of my new teachers is a total perv because he kept looking at me, checking me out. Shaking the nasty thoughts out of my head I started my car and headed to the daycare.

As soon as I opened the door I felt arms wrap around my legs. "Mommy!" I picked up Carson and went to the check in/out desk.

After putting Carson to bed that night, I lay in my bed and think about her father, trying to figure out his identity.

For the past few hours I have been hanging out with the guy I was sent into the closet with. We haven't drank any alcohol and so our conversations are sober. I don't think I've ever had so much fun with any one person. Not even Ashton or Blaise.

We were sitting on the couch talking when one of my favorite songs came on. I jumped up and took his hand and pulled screaming, "Come on! Come on! We have to dance! This is my favorite song!"

"I don't dance."

I frowned and said, "Fine, I'll dance by myself."

And that's what I did. I went to the middle floor and started to dance, not grind, dance. I could feel eyes on me and I knew whose they were. They belonged to the one other sober person anywhere near the dance floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's real short. I really am into this story, but can't find the right words to put my thoughts into. I'll try to start updating again, but nothing is guaranteed.

****I'm thinking of putting something in the point of view of the father. It wouldn't give the identity away, but you could get into his mind a bit. Tell me what you think.

If you have an idea of who the father is, leave a comment! There might be a prize for whoever gets it right first. Don't start randomly guessing though.

--bookidiot