Status: Back in business. Please read second authors note added to the 'Info" section of this story.

Head on Collision

Get, Get, Gettin Ready

Jacks POV

I stood in front of my wardrobe in my underwear, hands on my hips and frowning. I didn’t know what to wear to this party. Usually, for me anyway, it didn’t matter. I wouldn’t even think about it when it came to picking out an outfit. I’d just chuck on jeans and a t-shirt and go. But this time, it was at a seniors house for one; I wanted to feel like and look like I belonged there. But second of all, ad probably most importantly, Alex was going to be there. And, as stupid as this might sound, I really wanted to dress nice for him, get him to notice me again after this whole Holly drama.

It had been awkward all day yesterday at school; neither of us brave enough to start a conversation. But I saw him looking at me, smiling at me. I could feel it and it just, made me I don’t know, happy. And I really got my hopes up that it was me that he was talking about. It was me that he had the feelings for that made him break up with Holly. I also hoped that I could get the chance to talk to him tonight; talk about all this shit and get it out in the open.

Alex. I like you. I like you not just as a best mate but something more. The feelings run deeper then that.

Yes? I could say that right? It’s not too upfront, but it gets to the point too.

I stepped forward and scanned my t-shirts with my hand choosing a really bright orange one; similar in color to the color that those people who do community service along the high way have to wear. It’d make me stand out. I pulled it from the coat hanger and yanked it over my head. I then picked out a pair of my black skinnies; I should really count how many pairs I have one day. I yanked out a simply black hoodie and pulled it on over my t-shirt. I moved to sit down on my bed; pulling on my converses and lacing them. I stood and walked through to the bathroom. I looked at my reflection in the mirror; frowning at my hair. I didn’t know how long I was going to stand this ‘skunk’ thing. I was already getting over it. I opened the cabinet and pulled out my dads mousse; squeezing some into my palm. I popped the bottle back in there and rubbed my hands together. I slid my hands into my hair; applying the mousse liberally. Looking in the mirror closely I pulled bits of my hair in different directions.

Once I was happy with it; I walked back to my room; wiping my hands on the back of my jeans. i picked up my phone and made my way out of my room , down the hall and through to the living room. The house was quiet; my house was empty; my family was going away for the weekend, and because I told my mum that I was going to a party at someone elses house, they let me stay by myself. I smiled into the silence and let myself out; locking the door behind me.

I decided to walk to the party. The guys house wasn't really too far from mine; about 2 blocks in the direction of the mall; and around the corner. I walked along the footpath; quickly as it was starting to get dark. The party was supposed to start at 6o’clock. It was already a quarter past, so hopefully I wasn't going to be one of the first ones there. I walked around the corner and instantly heard the music coming from the house. From the sound of it, it was some techno, dance track. I didn’t recognize.

I sighed; knowing the music was going to suck at this party already. I approached the house; pulling my hood up as I went. I walked up across the front lawn and up the front steps; the front door stood open. I stepped over the horizon; dropping my hood down. I made my way through the small hallway. This house was nice. Weird paintings of trees and ponds were on the walls in the hall. The house smelled clean too; for now, before the smell of vomit or weed would fill it. I stepped around some couple making out against the wall into what I guess was the living room. There were sofas pushes against the walls on either side. A huge fireplace was in the center but not lit and a dance floor was set up in the very middle of the floor. A few guys were moving the the music. I started nodding my head to the tune; my hands stuffed in the pockets of my jeans.

Someone tapped me on the shoulder and I turned around to greet them. I smile formed on my face when my eyes met theirs.

“Hey.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is short and bad.
i apologise.
But there's more coming. I promise.
Comments?

p.s. i was listening to the HSM3 soundtrack whilst writing this. thus the title.