Status: Back in business. Please read second authors note added to the 'Info" section of this story.

Head on Collision

Lost In Stereo

Jack’s POV

I was leaning against the wall in the living room; catching my breath after dancing like a loon for the last hour with a bunch of random people as well as Zack, Rian and of course, Alex. I pulled the sleeves of my jacket up to my elbows. I wasn’t brave enough to take it off and put it somewhere; I’d probably never see it again. I yawned; running my fingers through my hair. I was sweaty from the dancing; the room was stuffy and smoky. I didn’t know if it was cigarettes or something a little less legal that was turning this guys living room into a smoke filled dance hall or something. I pulled out my phone and illuminated the screen. It was only 11.30.

Zack approached me holding two cups. I smiled at him as he held out a cup.

“Here,” he said; taking a sip from the other cup.

“Thanks,” I smiled; taking the cup from him. I sniffed the liquid. “What is it?’

“It’s just cola,” he told me; shrugging. “”I don’t really feel like drinking anything stronger.”

“Good,” I agreed. “I don’t either.”

“So,” Zack started; sipping his drink again and slipping his free hand into his pocket. “You and Alex?”

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“I’ve kept my thoughts to myself for now,” Zack frowned. “But, the curiosity. It’s killing me.”

“Zack, just ask me,” I told him; over the music.

“Are you and Alex like, a couple or something?” Zack asked cautiously.

“Or something,” I answered him; smiling.

“Oh,” he smiled slightly. “So, on the beach. I interrupted something didn’t i?”

“Yeah,” I nodded; taking another sip of my drink. “But, don’t feel bad or anything. We only really just decided to give this all a go tonight actually.”

“Oh, okay,” Zack skulled some of his drink. “You know, in all the years I’ve known you; I never would have thought I’d see you with a guy, Jack.”

“You and me both Zack,” I smiled. “You and me both.”

“You like him yeah?” he asked. “Like, you’re not just confused or anything.”

“I thought so at first honestly,” I shrugged. “But now...”

“You happy?” Zack faced me.

“Very much so,” I smiled proudly.

“I’m glad. That’s all that matters,” Zack told me. “Alex is a pretty cool guy.”

I smiled at Zack as he raised his cup back to his lips.

“He’s pretty hot too,” I said casually.

Zack choked on his drink; coughing and spluttering. I smacked him on the back; laughing at him.

“Let’s keep all that to a minimum okay?” he requested; wiping his chin with the back of his hand. “Just for now.”

“Deal,” I laughed.

I looked out to the dance floor; where Alex still was. He was dancing with Holly and Rian and other kids from school. I was happy to see him hanging out with other people; laughing and chatting and dancing with others he hasn’t spoken to before. I watched him; a smile on my face. He was smiling; the biggest smile I had ever seen on his face. It was like he was untouchable; completely consumed in the track that was playing. I guess you could say he was lost in stereo; lost in the music. And I’ve never seen him happy. He bumped his hip against Holly’s. Holly grinned up at him and Alex laughed. He looked around the room and his eyes met mine.

He smiled at me; a big grin spreading across his face. He smirked; waggling his finger in my direction gesturing for me to join him. I smiled; handing my cup to Zack.

“Go on,” Zack said to me; pouring the rest of my drink into his cup. “Go dance with your, whatever he is.”

I smiled at Zack before making my way across the dance floor. Alex held his hand out to me and I took it gently in my own. He pulled me towards him. I smiled down at him and he bit his lip. He draped his arms over my shoulders and I rested my hands on his hips. He swayed his hips to the rhythm of the music; slowly maneuvering himself closer to me.

‘Hey you,” I said to him; resting my forehead against his.

“Hey,” he smiled.

“How you doin?” I asked.

“Pretty good,” he answered; squishing his nose against mine. “How are you?”

“Better now,” I replied honestly. “You’re quite the dancer Mr. Gaskarth.”

“Thank you, Mr Barakat,” he smiled.

“Watching you dance, move the way you were,” I shook my head. “Damn boy. You were looking pretty fucking sexy out here.”

“Oh really now?” Alex smirked.

“Fuck yes,” I bit my lip.

Alex played with the hair at the back of my head; slowly rubbing his thumbs against the skin under my ear. I exhaled slowly; the action giving me goose bumps. He smirked and grinded his pelvis against mine; his jean clad crotch rubbing against mine. I looked around at the dance floor briefly before looking back at him. he had lust burning in his eyes as he did it again. The friction of the denim sending an erotic sensation all through me.

The music continued; the r’n’b track fading into a heavy based dance track. I thought (or maybe I just hoped) maybe that meant that the grinding would stop. But it didn’t; if anything, it got more frequent. I found myself biting down on my lip; thinking of anything potentially unattractive to calm myself down but nothing worked. The way he moved; the smirk on his face, the lust burning in his eyes; he was too alluring, too hot, and way too fucking sexy for me to not be turned on by him. I bit down on my lower lip and shook my head at him. He stopped grinding; leaning in closer to me.

“You enjoying this, Jack?” he whispered in my ear; his hot breath giving me chills.

I swallowed and nodded slowly. He pulled back slightly; smiling smugly.

“I’m not gonna lie,” he said; his voice sly and flirty. He dropped his eyes down before slowly trailing them back up my body. “I can feel that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright. Well, i apologize if this is shit.
(I'm not just saying that to you, rack up pity comments or something)
But it does get better. I promise. ;)
It gets way better!
Comments for me?
Please.