Status: Back in business. Please read second authors note added to the 'Info" section of this story.

Head on Collision

Break Out, Break Out

Alex’s POV

It excited me; knowing I was having such an impact on Jack; particularly in that sort of way. I could feel the effect I was having on him and I couldn’t help but feel a little smug. I didn’t know I would be able to create such a feeling. To be honest, I didn’t know where this confidence boost had come from. Earlier tonight I was afraid to commit to Jack, to hold his hand and yet here I was grinding up against him in the middle of a dance floor, surrounded by students and other kids I didn’t know. I hadn’t had anything to drink except soft drink. I smiled up at Jack; he looked away; avoiding my eyes.

I moved my hands from the back of his neck; sliding them onto his cheeks instead; making him look at me.

“You alright?” I asked

“Yeah,” he nodded slowly. “Just trying to, you know.”

“Talk yourself down?” I smirked at him; grazing my teeth along my bottom lip.

“Yeah,” he half laughed.

The loud, dance track faded out slowly moving into a slow, soft rock piece. Jack dropped his hands from my waist; stepping backwards a little. He averted his eyes; looking around the room as couples slowly moved towards each other; embracing and slowly moving to the music. I looked around slowly; my eyes finally making it back to Jack as the song moved into its chorus. I licked my lips and swallowed. I stepped forward; running my hands down Jack’s forearms and taking his hands in mine. He looked up to me; his eyes nervous. I tugged on his hands gently and he stepped up. I moved his hands to my waist. I slid my hands up his chest and around over his shoulders; clasping my hands at the back of his head. I stepped into him; smiling. He leaned down; closing the small gap and pressed his forehead against mine.

I stared into his eyes; the big brown puppy dog eyes that I could get lost in. I smiled as we swayed to the slow beat of the song.

“This is nice,” I whispered.

“Yeah,” he agreed. “It really is.”

I kept my eyes on Jack; his were on me. We both smiled. I caught the side of my bottom lip between my teeth. I smiled nervously this time at Jack. He touched the tip of his nose to mine; breaking the tension. Jack licked his bottom lip. My eyes flickered between Jack’s eyes and his lips. I breathed in deeply and leaned in; slowly moving my lips towards Jack’s. A feather light touch...

The music stopped abruptly and Jack and broke apart.

“Fuck!” Jack muttered. “What now?!”

“Alright kids,” a loud voiced boomed over the protesting crowd. “This is the police! We’ve received complaints about loud music and underage drinking! I’m shutting this party down!”

“I’d love to see you fucking try!” someones voice yelled over us.

“Clear out!” the cop demanded. “We’ll be breathalyzing at the door.”

I looked at Jack; worried. He slipped his hand into mine; holding it tightly. He held me close to him and we slowly made our way to the door.

“If you are underage and at this party,” the cop told us. “Your parents will be informed!”

I pulled on Jack’s hand and he stopped.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

“My parents don’t know I'm here,” I told him; swallowing nervously. "At the party i mean."

“What?” he questioned. “Where do they think you are?”

“At your house,” I confessed.

“Shit,” Jack swore; looking around the living room and round the corner down the hallway.

His face wore an expression similar to mine. I watched his face; his expression suddenly changing. A smile graced his lips.

“Come on,” he instructed; tugging on my hand.

“What are we...?” I started; but Jack pulled me along; his hand holding mine tightly.

“I'm getting us out of here,” he told me.

He pulled me down the hallway; through the crowd who were heading in the opposite direction. We stopped at the very end of the hallway and Jack looked around again before opening the curtains at the end of the hall. He unlatched the window that was behind them and and pushed it upwards; open.

“Go on,” he urged and I looked at him unsurely.

He sighed and before I said anything else; he was swinging his leg over the window sill; followed by the other one and slid out of the window and dropped to the grass only a few meters below. I peered over the edge.

“Come on,” Jack called.

“Um,” I started.

“Lex, do you trust me?” he asked.

“Jack,” I bit my lip.

“Do you trust me?” Jack repeated.

“More then anything,” I answered.

“Then come on. You’ll be fine,” he assured me. "I know you can do it.”

With a glance around the slowly draining room and one more peer over the window sill; I swung my leg over followed by the other. I pushed off with my hands; landing with a thud on my feet beside Jack. Without a second to recover; Jack seized my hand again; lacing his fingers through mine and pulling me along with him. Jack started to jog and I picked up my pace also; matching his stride step for step.

I looked down at our hands; Jack’s holding mine tightly. I suddenly felt safe again; not scared. Like Jack could protect me; would protect me from whatever there was out there.

“Where are we going?” I asked Jack in a yell as we ran passed the front of the house and down the street. It was dark out; very dark, only the street lamps lighting our way.

“I guess we’ll know that when we get there,” Jack told me.

It wasn’t exactly the answer I was searching for but strangely; it didn’t matter. All that mattered was that Jack was there and he had me. He was mine and I was his.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is pretty short too. :/
But as i said, it gets better.
Dedicating this chapter to "MardyHardyHar" because, she wanted them to slow dance. :)
Comments? :)

Also, you should check out my one shot "Why Didn't I...?"
it has nothing to do with this story; but its a Jalex one so you guys might like it!