Status: Back in business. Please read second authors note added to the 'Info" section of this story.

Head on Collision

Happy

Jacks POV
Monday.

I smiled at myself in the bathroom mirror as I ran my fingers through my hair. Was there even any point in doing anything to it? It was raining outside again. I was greeted with an eerie dull gray when I had woken up this morning. But would that kill my mood? Nope. Would my almost atrocious hair dampen the high I was on? No way. I was in one of the best moods I had been in, in a very long time and I only had one person to thank.

Alex Gaskarth.

My dear Lex. The adorable boy who had stolen my heart. Not really stolen, I gave it to him. He can have it though because I couldn’t be happier. Damn. Did that sound as cheesy as I thought it did? Yeah. I thought so. But it’s true. Knowing that he felt the same; having him confess his feelings the way he did. I was filled with overwhelming warmth inside; contentment, joy and relief that I wasn’t pining after somebody who didn’t feel the same. Seeing him smile, hearing him laugh and watching him blush when I would call him cute or adorable was just icing on the cake. Hearing that small moan come fromm the back of his throat when I would touch him and how it slowly build into a louder, longer one was enough to make me almost explode in my pants. I don’t understand how someone who on the outside is so cute and innocent looking can make those type of noises in the bedroom.

I shook my head; trying to push the image of Alex nude, hard and sweaty out of my head. A boner at 730 am was definitely not something I needed. I combed my fingers through my hair one more time and decided that it was decent enough to wear to school. I wandered back to my bedroom and picked up my back pack; swinging it over my shoulder. I pulled the other strap over my other shoulder and left my room; closing the door behind me. I made my way down the hall way; yelling a goodbye to my mum on the way out the door. I stepped out onto the doorstep and pulled the hood of my hoodie up over my head and adjusted my fringe underneath it.

Peering out into the rain, I could see the large group of people huddling under the bus shelter two house up from my own. I shook my head at them and stepped out into the rain. I felt it pelt down on top of my head but the smile never left my face. I didn’t think it would ever leave my face. Not today anyway. I made it to the bus stop as the bus was pulling to a stop. The usually girls made a running dash to the doorway and scrambled aboard. I took my time; secretly hoping Alex would be on board and had saved me a seat. I stepped up onto the first step. I smiled at the bus driver who, in return, scowled at me. Grumpy son of a bitch. What was his problem?

I looked up over the passengers; frowning momentarily when I didn’t see Alex amongst the crowd. The lack of seats meant I would have to stand up. I leaned up against the bars of the pram compartment and crossed my arms across my chest. I watched the grey sky pass by as we drove ever so slowly to school. I continued to smile to myself. Not having a seat on the bus wasn’t going to run my mood.

When the bus eventually pulled to a stop outside the school after picking up the most people I had ever seen on my bus, I found myself halfway down the bus. The bus driver hit the usual bit of the curb and the passengers all jolted forward. The standing people slowly made their way off; me included, shuffling our way down the body of the bus.

“Thank you!” I told the bus driver cheerfully. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”

He frowned at me and leaned back in his chair, looking out the windscreen. I simply shrugged and stepped off the bus, landing in a puddle created by a pothole at the side of the road. I took a deep breath and stepped up onto the pavement. I shook my leg a little in an attempt to shake free some of the water. I shrugged to myself and put the smile back on my face. I walked up the path to the front door of the school and stepped across the horizon. My eyes instantly fell on Rian and Zack who were by their lockers as usual. I waved to them as I walked closer; both of them turning to greet me with a smile.

“Good morning” I sung happily; unlocking my locker and stuffing my backpack inside. I pulled out my English book and turned back to them. “How are you both?”

“Are you feeling okay?” Rian asked; putting a hand on my forehead.

“What?” I asked.

“Yeah man,” Zack shrugged a single shoulder. “Are you alright? It’s Monday morning and you’re smiling.”

‘What’s your point?” I grinned.

‘Did you get laid or something?” Rian queried; dropping his hand.

“What?” I gaped at him. “No.”

“Did Alex?” Zack asked; cocking an eyebrow at me.

I smirked at him.

“What?” Rian looked at me, to Zack and back again. “Did I miss something?”

“Alex and Jack are doing it,” Zack told him.

“You’re what?” Rian stared at me.

“We are not,” I punched Zack’s shoulder. “Relax Rian; before you have a coronary. Me and Alex; we’re sort of dating. Kind of.”

“You and Alex?” Rian rubbed his head. “Really?”

I nodded silently. I didn’t expect a reaction like this from Rian. Was he angry or disappointed? Or just...

“Wow,” a smile spread across Rian’s face and I instantly felt relieved. “Never thought I’d see the day, that Jack Barakat would turn out gay.”

“And I never thought I’d see the day that you could rhyme,” I grinned.

“I said the same thing,” Zack told Rian “In all the years we’ve known Jack, I never thought I’d see him with a guy.”

“Me either,” Rian looked thoughtful. “Well, if you’re confessing something I might as well come out with it.”

“What?” Zack turned on him. “Don’t tell me you’re into guys too?”

“No, no, no, no,” Rian shook his head. “You know Kara?”

“Kara the cheerleader, Kara?” I asked him.

“Yeah,” Rian nodded.

“What about her?” Zack questioned; leaning against the locker. This was obviously too much for him.

“Well, I sort of hung out with her at the party on Saturday,” Rian rubbed the back of his neck nervously. “We pretty much spent all of Sunday together just hanging together.”

“A cheerleader though Rian?” Zack asked. “You’re dating a cheerleader?”

“Well, we’re not really dating; it’s only been one date. One really long all day date,” Rian shrugged. “But I do like her. And yes, she’s a cheerleader. But she’s into Blink and Jimmy Eat World. And she’s really smart and pretty.”

“Well, if she likes Blink she gets my approval,” I grinned and held up my hand for a high five. Rian obliged.

“So, I’m the only single one now huh?” Zack frowned.

“Looks like it bro,” Rian nodded.

“Speaking of being you know, not single, have you guys seen Alex yet this morning?” I glanced around the corridor.

The bell sounded first period loudly.

“No man,” Zack responded. “But you got English first yeah? You’ll see him there.”

“Right,” I nodded. “I’ll catch you guys later.”

As Rian and Zack made their way to their first class of the day I walked slowly to English. What exactly was I going to say to Alex when I saw him? How did I greet him? I couldn’t exactly kiss him on the cheek or something; not in class. A simple hello wouldn’t cut it though would it? No. I smiled to myself again. I’ll just roll will it. I walked through the door following Holly and one of her friends. The first thing I noticed was the desks were split into individual ones. The second thing were the words “Pop Quiz” written on the blackboard in huge letters. The third and definitely most important thing was Alex. He sat in one of the desks along the walls.

I smiled as I approached; determined to sit in the table next to him. I silently cursed the girl who slid into that table. I sat in the chair behind him; admiring his chocolate brown hair from behind. It seemed a bit damp; meaning he had obviously been out in the rain. From here I could tell her was wearing a white hoodie. I leaned forward to tap him on the shoulder; but Ms Coleman had other plans.

“Alright class, pop quiz time,” she told us; her voice as cheery as mine had been earlier. “There’s 25 questions all on the subject of short stories. You will also be required to write a brief short story as your final question.”

I sat back in my seat and sighed. I guess talking to him would have to wait until after. I smiled at Ms Coleman as she slid the paper onto my desk. She cocked an eyebrow at me and I frowned. Was I not allowed to be happy on a Monday?

“Alright,” Ms Coleman smiled after she returned to the front of the classroom. “You may begin.”

I stared down at the questionnaire in front of me; the answers to the questions forming easily in my head. As I etched the first ‘B” bubble I smiled again. This day was turning out to be a good day. I flew through the questions easily and wrote a recount of Saturday evenings escape as my short story; leaving out the part about it being two guys and the blow job at the end. I sat back comfortably once i was done; glancing around the room as the rest of my class mates continued their quizzes. Ms Coleman caught my eye.

“Are you finished?” she mouthed to me and I replied with a nod.

“You can go if you want,” she told me; this time I shook my head.

“I’ll check my answers,” I mouthed back and she nodded; looking back down at her desk.

I looked up to Alex; he was hunched over writing furiously. I assumed he was still writing his short story entry.

When the bell rang at the end of the period, Ms Coleman stood at the front of the room as waited as each row passed their papers forward to her.

“There will be an excursion to a poetry reading on Thursday,” she explained. “I’ll give you the permission slips tomorrow and you just need to bring them signed, with five dollars to me on Thursday. Is that clear?”

The class room erupted in mumbles of agreement and disappointment. Me? An excursion meant missing out on school for a day. I smiled again when she dismissed us; standing up slowly. I watched Alex stuff his books into his bag and push back on the table. He stood up and walked quickly to the door. I rushed to keep up. Maybe he didn’t see me? He knew I was in this class though. i hurried after him. I stepped out of the classroom just to catch him walk up the hallway and into the group of students in the hall.

I frowned sadly. Maybe this wasn’t going to be such a good day after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please forgive me for not updating in so long.
I've been battling a flu for almost a month in total now and it's drizzled down to a stupid cough that has be hacking up a lung every 5 minutes.
So here's an update. Please tell me what you think. If it's shitty or not.
Please. Honest opinion.
It won't be the only update today.
<3