Status: Back in business. Please read second authors note added to the 'Info" section of this story.

Head on Collision

Hello Brooklyn

Jack’s POV

I had had enough of Alex avoiding me. I didn’t want to have to walk around during this excursion or sit by myself just because he wouldn’t talk to me. I now had two reasons why I wanted to talk to him; one, to ask him about this band thing but more importantly because I just missed being around him. hell, maybe he did regret what we had done on the weekend, maybe he didn’t want this relationship or whatever it was we were in right now. I wanted him to tell me though. I’d rather have him as a friend than not in my life at all. It had been four days. Alex hadn’t spoken to me since Sunday morning. He hadn’t returned my phone calls, ignored my texts and didn’t sit with us in the cafeteria. He sat beside me English because there was nowhere else to sit. I found myself ‘going to the bathroom” a whole lot just to escape the awkward tension that was between us.

Sure I was annoyed at him for avoiding me but I was more scared. Anxious and worried that I had done something wrong; pushed him into something he wasn’t ready for. But then again; he was the one that told me he loved me. But, that could have just been him saying that the blow job was awesome and that he loved me for that. My mind was moving a million miles a minute, which was a change for me; but half the time I couldn’t even comprehend half of the nonsense my brain was bringing up.

I approached the school bus that was going to take us to the excursion. First finding the teacher and handing over my permission slip and money and then looking around for Alex. I spotted him leaning against the back of the bus; at the back of the queue. I inhaled deeply before making a beeline for him.

I stopped in front of him and Alex slowly trailed his eyes up me; licking his lips nervously when his eyes met mine. I heard him gulp.

“You’re avoiding me,” I told him; frowning.

“uh, no,” Alex stammered. “No I’m not.”

“Fucking bullshit Lex. You are,” I crossed my arms; annoyed. “How longs it been since we spoken?”

“Um,” Alex shrugged a single shoulder.

“Exactly,” I said softly; and continued in a whisper. “Ever since we kissed and i...you know. You’ve been avoiding me.”

Alex looked down. I rubbed the back of my neck; deciding to give him the option. Offer to let him go. As much as losing him would hurt, I didn’t want him miserable. I wanted him to be happy.

“Look, if you regret it or whatever. Just whatever,” I sighed. “I’m sorry. We can forget it happened alright. I knew you didn’t like guys. And truth be told, I didn’t think I did either till I met you.” Admitting that was big for me; I knew it was. It was true. Alex was different. “I don’t know. I’m stupid for thinking this. For doing what I did.

Alex looked up, instantly guilt crossing his features.

“We’ll just forget it alright,” I shrugged. “It’s not important. I just, need you in my life. As friends or whatever it was. Just. I don’t know.”

I turned away from Alex; my eyes to the ground. I should’ve known. He didn’t even try to stop....

Alex seized my wrists; pulling me around to the back of the bus away from the crowd of our fellow students. He shoved me against the back of the bus and pinned me there with a hand on either side of my head. He leaned in kissing me on the lips quickly and passionately. His tongue having a mind of its own; furiously fighting mine. We stayed there; my mind eventually remembering to react and a molded my mouth against his. Alex pulled away; leaving me standing breathless against the bus. He lowered his hands slowly to my chest and rested his forehead against mine for a moment.

“Um,” I swallowed and bit my lip. “Can I take that as a “you don’t want to forget it.”

“You could say that,” Alex smiled at me; his eyes meeting mine and he pecked me on the lips. “I’m sorry I’ve been such a dumbass. I’ve just been thinking things through. But this isn’t the place to talk about this though, okay? Let’s talk about this later. Tonight. Come to my house after this excursion? Yes? And we’ll talk it out.”

I was thrilled, about finally getting the chance to go to his house but mostly that he still wants this, wants me. I couldn’t help but grin at him.

“Um sure,” I smiled. “Alright. So we can talk this through.”

“All of it,” Alex smirked and kissed me quickly again. “And um, I, can we tell my parents?”

“About us?” I gaped at him.

“Yeah,” Alex laughed nervously. “What else would I need to tell them?”

“Are you sure?” I asked. “I mean, what if they don’t like me? What if they toss me out? Or worse? What if they they say we can’t see each other? Alex. Do they even know you’re into guys?”

“I don’t know,” he shrugged. “I guess they will after tonight.”

“Alex, I don’t know,” i looked around nervously. “Don’t you think it’s a bit soon?”

“If you don’t want to, then that’s alright,” Alex sighed. “I just, you know how I feel about you Jack. I’m sure that this, whatever this is, is love. I just want my parents to know that I’m happy.”

His face was glowing; his beautiful brown eyes shining. I could see it there; love. I could see how he was feeling for me. I could see the determination about wanting his parents to know. I could also feel the reassurance that everything's going to be alright.

“Alright,” I smiled; lifting my hand and running my fingers through his hair. “If you want to tell your parents; i'm down with that.”

“Good,” Alex grinned. “Because I was going to tell them anyway. I just really want to tell them with you there; by my side.”

I looked at Alex; smiling. He leaned in and kissed me lightly on the forehead. As he pulled back, I felt myself blush.

“Come on, you girl. Let’s go.” Alex laughed and slid his hand into mine.

He pulled me gently around the queue running along the side of the bus. We quickly filed on and he led the way to the back not letting go of my hand. He swung into a free seat in front of the very back seat and I sat beside him. I looked out the window; passed Alex. I peered a little; noticing that Rian was jumping up and down outside and Zack was waving his arms. Alex was busy looking for something in his bag.

“What?” I mouthed to them.

“Ask him!” came Zack’s muffled reply.

I gave them a thumbs up when the band comp thin came back to me. Alex sat up properly and turned to smile at me.

“What were you looking for?” I asked him; noticing he hadn't pulled anything out of his bag.

“Nothing,” he shrugged. “I decided I’ll show you when we get to my house.”

“Oh alright,” I grinned. “Well, I need to ask you something.”

“Sure,” he responded. “What is it?”

“Um, have you heard about the battle of the bands competition they’re putting on in like, a few months?”

“Yeah,” Alex replied; tentatively. “I saw the flier on the bulletin board.”

“We have a bulletin board?” I asked him.

‘Yes,” Alex nodded slowly and then laughed. “What was this about battle of the bands?”

“Well, we want to enter,” I told him. “But we have one little problem.”

“What’s that?” he asked.

“We um, need a singer,” I said; smiling hopefully at him.

“Jack, I don’t know,” he chewed his lip. “I’ve never really performed in front of an audience before.”

“It’ll only be in front of me, Zack and Rian to start off with,” I told him; still smiling. “Just a quick audition on Friday afternoon. You never know, you might not even get the gig.”

“Fridays tomorrow Jack,” he said softly.

“So?” I grinned. “Sing Lullabies. That songs amazing.”

“But,” he sighed.

“Please?” I pouted at him.

Alex sighed again; shaking his head with a smile on his face.

“Fine,” he caved and I grinned. “I’ll audition. But I don’t know if they’ll like my voice.”

Alex settled himself against me; his head on my shoulder. I reached for his hand; lacing our fingers together and resting them in my lap.

“I like your voice,” I told Alex softly.

“I know you do Jack,” he replied; nuzzling his head into my shoulder more. “I know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Here we go. Things are fixed.
That's three updates in a day and I'm currently writing a forth.
I hope they're all okay.
Please please please comment and tell me what you thought.
Please?
:)