Status: Back in business. Please read second authors note added to the 'Info" section of this story.

Head on Collision

Coffee Shop Soundtrack

Jack’s POV

Once I was dressed and successfully down off the massive high Alex had given me, we made our way out of the gym hand in hand. We approached the student car park slowly.

“Are you sure I don’t look like I just had the best orgasm in my life?” I asked Alex nervously.

“You look fine,” he smiled at me. “Stop worrying.”

We walked quicker when we saw that Rian’s car was the only one left in the carpark.

“Looky what we have, Jalex finally joining us,” Zack called to us loudly.

“What’d you just call us?” I asked; letting go of Alex’s hand reluctantly and opening the back door of Rian’s car. I jumped up into it and closed the door behind me.

“Jalex,” Zack replied. “You know, like a couple name. Jack and Alex. Jalex. Makes sense in my mind.”

“Right,” I laughed and watched Alex climb aboard also.

“You okay Jack?” Rian asked me.

“What? Yes. Why do you ask?” I asked him quickly, my voice wavering obviously.

“Chill,” he told me; laughing. “You just look worn out.”

‘What took you guys so long anyway?” Zack asked.

“Jack takes really long showers,” Alex answered for me.

“Alright then,” Zack nodded.

I turned and smirked at Alex and he grinned at me.

“To my house!” Rian announced; turning on the car and pumping the stereo.

I grinned and looked out my side of the car; smiling to myself. I felt someone slip their hand into mine and I turned back to face Alex.

“I love you,” he mouthed to me.

“I love you too,” I mouthed back.

~
We pulled up into Rian’s driveway and piled out. Rian led the way through the front door. With a yell to his mum telling her that he was home, we followed him down the stairs to the basement. I lead Alex down by the hand. Rian plopped down onto one of the old couches; Zack beside him. I stayed standing beside Alex. I moved to grab a stool from around the pool table and put it down in the middle of the room.

“We may as well just get down to it,” Zack started. “Like, get it over and done with.”

“Okay,” Alex answered.

“What are you singing for us?” Rian asked Alex as I sat down on the free couch.

“I’m going to sing Lullabies,” Alex told them and I smiled to myself. “It’s not like, Mary Had A Little Lamb or something. It’s called Lullabies.”

“Alright,” Zack smiled.

‘I usually play this on a piano or keyboard, but I fiddled with some chords on the guitar during my free today so, ill give it a go,” Alex took a deep breath.

Alex played Lullabies flawlessly. The acoustic guitar added a completely different flare to the song. He kept his eyes on me the entire time and I smiled warmly as he finished it.

”Waiting to say, I miss you I’m so sorry. I;m sorry. I’m sorry!

Alex looked up to Zack and Rian and smiled his shy smile. I looked to them as well. Both were smiling.

“Well, Jack was definitely right about you having an amazing voice,” Zack told him.

“However,” Rian said; leaning forward with his elbows on his knees and clasping his hands together in front of him.

“However?” I asked him.

“Can you play something, faster?” Rian queried. “We don’t exactly know what we’re going to play for the audition yet; or if we get in, at the actual band comp; but I guess we’d want something people can like, dance to or something.”

“Well, how about this?” Alex pulled the guitar back onto his lap and started playing again.

The song sounded really familiar. I grinned when I realized what it was.

”Her name is Noel
I have a dream about her
She rings my bell
I got gym class in half an hour
Oh how she rocks
In Keds and tube socks
But she doesn't know who I am
And she doesn't give a damn about me


I looked over to Rian and Zack as Alex moved into the chorus. They both sat with massive grins on their faces; watching Alex intently.

”Cause I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby
Yeah I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby
Listen to Iron Maiden baby with me

Her boyfriend's a dick
And he brings a gun to school
And he'd simply kick
My ass if he knew the truth
He lives on my block
And he drives an Iroc
But he doesn't know who I am
And he doesn't give a damn about me”


I started to groove; tapping my foot and nodding my head yo the music. Alex smiled as he played.

”Cause I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby
Yeah I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby
Listen to Iron Maiden baby with me”


I grinned wide as he whined like Brendan Brown into the bridge.

”Yeeah dirtbag, no she doesn't know what she's missin
Yeeah dirtbag, no she doesn't know what she's missin”


He slowed down and looked up at me.”Man I feel like mold
It's prom night and I am lonely
Low and behold
She's walking over to me
This must be fake
My lip starts to shake
How does she know who I am
And why does she give a damn about”

He nodded his head to me and I sang the female part.

”I've got two tickets to Iron Maiden baby, come with me Friday, don't say maybe. I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby like you”

Rian and Zack laughed at my expense as Alex grinned; going into the finale of the song. He leaned back and played with all his heart; singing with such joy. He was rocking out.

”Yeeah dirtbag, no she doesn't know what she's missin
Yeeah dirtbag, no she doesn't know what she's missin”


“Oh dude! You are so in!” Zack grinned; standing up to high five him.

“Really?” Alex asked him with a grin of his own.

“Really,” Rian agreed. He stood up too and held his hand out. Alex shook it. “That was awesome.”

“Thanks,” Alex smiled at both at them.

“Alrighty,” Rian rubbed his palms together. “Pizza?”

“Pizza,” Zack agreed.

“Sounds good,” I agreed.

Rian and Zack ran upstairs and I stood up; making my way to Alex.

“You’re wonderful,” I told him.

“You gave me the strength Jack,” he whispered to me. “I know, I wouldn’t have been able to get through Lullabies like that without you.”

I took the guitar from him and lay it on the floor. He spread his legs and I stepped between them; wrapping my arms around his waist and resting my forehead against his. I heard him sigh.

“I can’t believe I’m in a band,” Alex said softly and I laughed.

“Where’d you learn to play like that anyway?” I asked him.

“I taught myself really,” he told me.

“Cool,” I smiled. “Really. Your cover of Dirtbag was awesome.”

“Thank you,” Alex grinned and blushed. “You’ve got to stop saying things like that or I’ll blush to death.”

“We can’t have that,” I told him; kissing him gently on the lips. “I don’t know what I would do without you.”

“Luckily you’ll never have to find out,” Alex touched his nose to mine and grinned.

“I’m sorry to ruin your little moment,” Zack's voice joined us in the basement. “But, Hawaiian or meat lovers?”

I looked at Alex and we both turned to Zack at the same time.

“Hawaiian.”
♠ ♠ ♠
He's in! and shall we get a chorus of yays? :)
I was listening to Alex's cover of Teenage Dirtbag and i just thought it was completely necessary to let him audition with it.
What'd you think?
Please comment and let me know!