Status: Back in business. Please read second authors note added to the 'Info" section of this story.

Head on Collision

Friends Over Bandmates

Alex’s POV

“I have never been so full in my life,” Zack complained as he threw the crust of a piece of pizza into the empty box on the floor.

“I seriously think I could live on pizza for the the rest of my life,” Rian told us; finishing it with a burp.

“But you’d probably be really fat,” Jack said causing the rest of us to laugh.

I sipped on my coke silently. I still couldn't get over the fact that they had liked my voice. I know Jack said he loves it; but I thought he was only saying that because he loves me. I guess that's not the case.

“Alright,” Zack announced. “I’m going to address the elephant in the room.”

I looked at Jack who cocked an eyebrow at him. he looked to me and I shrugged.

“What do you mean?” I asked him.

“I can guarantee Jack probably knows; due to the whole being, together thing,” he continued. “But, its kind of killing me.”

“What?”

“Lullabies,” he said; watching me.

I swallowed. I had a feeling one of them would ask.

“What about it?” I asked quietly.

“It’s some pretty heavy shit dude,” Rian continued Zack’s train of thought. “Are we, as your band mates allowed to know what its about?”

I glanced at Jack who smiled warmly at me. Knowing he was there was comforting. I slid a little closer to him on the couch and he rested his hand on my leg.

“It’s up to you,” he told me softly.

“Okay. I’ll tell you,” I agreed. “But not as band mates; as my friends.”

“Okay,” Rian smiled.

“Lullabies is about my feelings towards my brother and what he did,” I started.

“What’d he do?” Zack asked; leaning forward on the couch.

“He committed suicide,” I looked down. “About 7 months ago.”

“Woah,” Zack sat back.

“Fuck,” Rian exhaled. “That was, heavier then I realized.”

“Yeah,” Jack nodded. “That’s what I said.”

“I pretty hit an all time low about a month after,” I continued. “I wouldn’t eat, I wouldn’t...”

“Hold up,” Rian held his hand up to stop me. “I'm sorry to interrupt but..”

He looked at Zack.

“All Time Low,” Rian repeated.

I looked at Jack but he was looking at Zack.

“All Time Low,” Zack nodded.

“What?” I asked the room; looking between the guys.

“Boys,” Rian grinned. “I think we have a band name.”

“Definitely,” Zack agreed; high fiving him.

“I don’t know,” I bit my lip. “Like what if someone asks where it came from or something.”

“We’ll just quote New Found Glory,” Jack smiled at me. “No one will know, but us.”

“Besides,” Zack popped the tab on another coke and took a sip. “those metals guys, their band name is “Maggot Death Cockroach or something. Where do you think they pulled theirs from?”

“I don’t think anyone would want to know,” Rian answered and pulled a face. “That's nasty.”

I looked at Jack while Zack and Rian laughed. He smiled warmly and slid his hand into mine. He leaned back against the back of the couch and I leaned against him. I looked around at my friends, my band mates, my family. This place, Baltimore Maryland, was nothing like Essex at all. And, honesty, I wouldn’t have it any other way.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapters really super duper short but i just wanted Zack and Rian to know about Alex's brother.
The next chapter will have a time lapse in it and will be up tomorrow more then likely.
comments please?