Status: Back in business. Please read second authors note added to the 'Info" section of this story.

Head on Collision

Morning After

Alex’s POV

I woke up slowly; inhaling deeply through my nose. i smiled to my self; the memory of last night coming flooding back. I couldn’t believe Jack and I had actually done it. Made love. Was that what it was? Not some relentless and random fuck. We loved each other and it was amazing. I rolled over a smile still on my face. It was quickly replaced with a frown when I found the bed beside me empty. I sat up; adjusting my blanket over my naked hips. I looked over the side of the bed; Jack’s clothes were gone too.

I sat up properly and leaned back against my head board. He didn’t regret it did he? I looked up slowly and caught sight of a blue box in the center of my room. it was pretty big and bright blue. I looked at it questioningly. Jack’s Christmas present to me perhaps? I tossed back the blankets and slid out from under them. I pulled a pair of pajama pants from the bottom draw of my beside table and slipped them over my legs; pulling the up to my hips as I stood. I padded over to the box; frowning because of Jack’s disappearance. It made sense though; it was Christmas after all. As I approached the box I spotted a card taped to the lid.

I stepped up to the box and pulled the card free. The envelope read “Do Not Open before Christmas.” I shrugged and slid my finger into the slot and opened it carefully. I recognized Jack’s untidy scrawl immediately. I smiled.

”Dear Alex,
Up until yesterday I had absolutely no idea what to get you for Christmas. Then you surprised me with that beautiful portrait. I gave you nothing. But the events of last night really gave me an idea for your Christmas present. I guess you could say I was inspired.
Merry Christmas Baby.
I love you.
Love always, your Jack.
Xo


I put the card down on my bed and turned back to the box. I pulled the ribbon loose and let it fall to the floor. I carefully lifted the lid off and put it on the floor. I peered into the box curiously. A pair of big brown eyes met mine and I smiled as tear filled my eyes. Sitting crossed legged and smiling his gorgeous smile sat Jack with a big bright red ribbon tied around his neck.

Jack stood up carefully inside the box and held onto the side of it; tilting his head the side and smiling in the most adorable way possible.

“Jack,” I whispered. “You’re just, incredible.”

“I know I’m not much of a gift but...” he started.

“Don’t be silly,” I shook my head and wiped my eyes with the back of my hand. “You are my optimum gift.”

“You have to open me,” he grinned.

I gently tugged on the loose bit of the ribbon and the bow came undone. I took one end of the ribbon in each hand and pulled Jack forward; kissing him softly on the lips. He smiled against my mouth.

“Are you my own personal Jack in the box?” I asked him.

“Well, I don’t know,” he answered; his voice coy. “do you have your name on me?”

I looked at him confused.

He unzipped the hoodie he was wearing and shrugged out of it. There; pinned to his chest over his heart was a piece of paper with the words “Property Of Alex” written across it. I smiled at him again.

“Looks like my name is on you,” I grinned; poking the piece of paper. “You are just too adorable Jack.”

“I try,” he shrugged. “Can you, help me out of here?”

“Yeah,” I nodded quickly. “kneel down and I’ll tip the box.”

Jack did so and I pulled on the side of the box; slowly lowering it to the ground. I stepped back and watched Jack crawl out.

“How’d you get in there anyway?” I questioned; holding out both my hands. He took them and I pulled him to his feet.

“You’re parents helped me,” he smiled.

“Really?” I asked and he replied with a nod.

I stepped into him; resting my head on his shoulder. I wrapped my arms around his waist and held him close to me. I inhaled deeply; reveling in the scent of Jack’s warmth. He hugged me close and dropped a kiss to the top of my head.

“I love you Jack,” I said softly; smiling.

“I love you too, baby,” he replied. “so much.”

“I thought you’d left,” I admitted. “When I woke up and you weren’t there.”

“Me leave?” Jack gasped dramatically and loosened his grasp on me. I turned my head to look at him. “And miss out on seeing those sleepy doe eyes and your bed hair? Never!”

I laughed lightly.

“I think it’s called sex hair actually Jack,” I grinned up at him and he laughed.

“You should have seen my hair when I first woke up,” he shook his head and laughed. “Atrocious.”

“I bet you looked cute,” I said; pressing my nose against his.

“Well of course,” he smirked. “but not as cute as you look right now. You’re sleepy little face, big curious eyes and your hair everywhere.”

“Can we go back to bed and snuggle all day?” I requested as I lay my cheek against his shoulder again.

“Babe, it’s Christmas,” he answered. “we got to spend it with our families.”

“You are my family,” I frowned. “The only one that matters in this moment.”

“As flattered as I am by that comment, I don’t think my mum would appreciate me not being home, Lex,” he kissed the top of my head again.

“alright, but you have to...” I was interrupted by my phones text tone and the loud vibration on my desk.

I freed myself from Jack’s hold and went to grab it. I picked it up and opened the text. It was from Rian. I read it aloud.

“It’s from Rian. ‘This just in. New years party at Zack’s. Parents are going away. Spread the word. Btw; Merry Christmas. : )’” I looked up at Jack as I finished reading and he smiled.

“New years party hey?” he grinned. “we’re in yes?”

“I’ve been to more parties here then I have in my whole life,” I locked my phone and chucked it back on my desk.

“But including this one it’ll only be two,” Jack held his hands outstretched to me and I took them in my own; making my way back to him.

“Exactly,” I nuzzled my self against Jack’s chest. “Private schools in England aren’t exactly known for their parties Jack.”

Jack laughed.

“As much as I hate to leave you, I must,” Jack informed me.

“I know,” I stepped half a step back. “You’ll call me later though yes?”

“Of course,” Jack smiled. “Maybe you can sing me a lullaby. song me to sleep..”

“Maybe,” I smiled and leaned in to kiss him softly on the lips. “I’ll walk you out.”

I picked up my discarded button up from last night and slipped in on; leaving the buttons undone. I took Jack’s hand loosely and led him downstairs. I smiled in greeting to my mum and dad who sat in the living room.

“Thanks again, Mr and Mrs G,” Jack called to them.

“It was out pleasure,” mum called back. “Merry Christmas Jack.”

“Merry Christmas!”

We stopped in the foyer, close to the door.

“So um, about last night,” I started.

“Was amazing, Lex,” Jack smiled at me. he then blushed a little. “And um. Thanks for making my first time so, you know, special.”

“First time?” I asked him.

“Yeah,” he smiled sheepishly.

“Well,” I kissed his cheek. “I’m honored. But i can’t say the same for you I’m afraid. But I wish you were though.”

“In a way, I would have been,” he smiled again. “I better go.”

“Yeah, you should,” I agreed quietly.

I didn’t want him to go. Every time we were ‘intimate,’ it was always a long snuggle the next morning. This felt strange and off not having him stay. He gently cupped my cheek and pressed a soft kiss to my lips.

“I love you, gorgeous,” he whispered.

“I love you too, Jack,” I replied.

I let go of his hand reluctantly and he pulled the door open and stepped through quickly; the winter breeze hitting me momentarily. I turned and entered the living room earning a smile from both of my parents.

“He’s a terrific kid Alex,” my dad told me.

“his idea to surprise you how he did this morning was the sweetest thing,” my mum turned in her chair and I smiled at her. “Jack’s quite a catch.”

I sat down on the other lounge and smiled to myself.

“He sure is, mum,” I sighed contently. “He sure is.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, i'm not the biggest fan of this chapter. But, i hope you guys like it.
Remember, Jack did say in an interview that he lost his virginity at 16. so i thought.
"why not make it with Alex?"
heh.
Anyways. comments? please. :)