Status: Back in business. Please read second authors note added to the 'Info" section of this story.

Head on Collision

Can't Take That Away

Jack’s POV

I approached my house slowly and on tiptoe. Not that being on tiptoe would stop the icy grass from crunching beneath my feet. I went through the side gate silently and walked to my still open bedroom window. I pulled myself up to the window sill and threw one leg over followed by the other one. I felt around for my bedroom lamp; finally finding the switch.

“Hello Jack.”

I jumped a mile high at the sound of my mums voice. I spun around.

“Mum. You scared the sh-crap out of me,” I clutched my chest to emphasise the almost heart attack.

“Jack. We need to talk,” my mum started; not looking at me.

“Um,” I bit my lip. ‘Okay.”

I followed my mum down the hallway to the living room. she sat down in her usual arm chair and I sat on the couch adjacent to her. I fiddled with my fingers. Fuck. I didn’t expect to be busted coming back in. After all the amazing stuff with Alex tonight I was just about to fuck it all up. I frowned.

“I’m disappointed that you defied my instruction Jack,” mum told me; her frown a mirror image of mine.

“I’m sorry,” I mumbled; but mum continued like she hadn’t heard me; not acknowledging my apology at all.
“I’m assuming you went to the party.”

“Yes,” I half nodded before shaking my head. “Well. Not exactly.”

“Explain.”

“I went to the party, but Alex wasn’t there,” I explained. “Rian drove me back.”

“Why wasn’t Alex there?”

I paused for a moment and fiddled with the end of my sleeve.

“He didn’t want to be at the party without me,” I replied honestly.

“Oh.”

“Yeah.”

Silence consumed us; an awkward air filling the dull living room. I kept my eyes on my lap; tugging at the cuff of my hoodie. She hadn’t yelled at me yet. She had only said she was disappointed.

“Jack. I want you to break up with Alex.”

“What?” my eyes shot up to my mum and I let my mouth drop open in shock.

“I want you to break up with Alex,” she repeated.

“I heard you the first time,” I shook my head. “But why?”

“Every since he has come into your life you’ve been getting into trouble alot more, detention after detention; sneaking out,” she explained. “He’s been a bad influence on you.”

“You think he’s a bad influence on me? Alex?” I stared at her in disbelief.

Alex. A bad influence on me. She’s got to be kidding me.

“Yes,” she nodded once.

“Are you serious?” I asked.

“Yes Jack,” she nodded again. “I’m serious.”

I half laughed and stood up; standing over my mum slightly.

“Alex is practically a saint,” I spat. “You don’t know him! He has manners, his bedroom is spotless, he helps with the chores. My god, he’s been in our school for like 4 months and he’s already top of the class. He has never put a foot wrong.”

“And neither had you; until he came along,” she argued.

“Oh please,” I rolled my eyes. “You think I didn’t have detention before Alex came along? You think I never snuck out?”

It had only been once before that I had snuck out. But what did she know?

“But your grades, your school work.”

“Oh my god mum!” I threw my hands up; frustrated. “I suck at school! Every single class almost. I always have, always will more than likely. Alex on the other hand takes AP chemistry for fucks sake.”

I instantly bit my tongue. Never had I ever swore at my mum like that. Never. She stood up.

“Jack Bassam Barakat,” she pointed her finger in my face. “Don’t you dare swear at me like that or you will be grounded.”

I leaned my face close to hers.

“I’d rather be grounded then have to break up with Alex,” I told her; fuming.

I turned away from my mum; but only took two steps before her words stopped me.

“I’d rather you break up with him,” she replied; her voice sly and almost venomous.

“Don’t you understand,” I spun around to face her again. “I love him! I am in love with him! I will not break up with him and I never will!”

My mum stayed silent; pursing her lips and watching me closely. My blood was boiling. How dare she even suggest something like that?

“What will it take to make you understand that I am fucking in love with him?” I yelled; completely disregarding the fact that it was 3am.

“Just get out of my sight Jack,” my mum screamed; pointing down the hallway. “You’re grounded. For a month. For the swearing, the sneaking out; for everything. Just go!”

“What ever! That’s nice. That’s really nice of you mum! Whatever!” I spun back and around and stomped my way back to my room; slamming the door behind me.

I felt like screaming. I felt like breaking something. I clenched my fists to my sides and let my head thud back against my door. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. I shook my head. what was the point of being mad at my mother? Nothing that she has to say about my relationship with Alex would make it change. But how dare she even ask me, no tell me to break up with the guy that I was so in love with? A bad influence? What sort of shit is that? Its more the other way around. Of course it was. He’s an angel in comparison to me. She just doesn't like the fact that I'm dating him; that i'm gay, or bi or whatever the fuck it is. Whatever. I shook my head again and sighed. I toed off my shoes and pulled my jacket off my shoulders and lazily drape it over the back of my chair. I threw myself onto my bed and rolled onto my back. I dug through my draw to find my phone again; deciding I would text Alex and tell him what just went down. I pressed the key to unlock my phone and the screen lit up.

1 new message

I smiled slightly at the screen before opening the message.

thank you so much for the surprise visit tonight Jack. My mum is so right. you are a keeper; not that I needed much convincing. I love you. I love you so much. :)

I smiled at the screen again. Its amazing how such a short message could make me feel so much better. I couldn’t upset him; couldn’t bring him down. Not tonight. I dropped my phone back into my draw and rolled onto my side; drawing my blankets up over my shoulder. I smiled to myself. Nothing could stop us now. Nothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
So! Here's another chapter for my gorgeous subscribers.
i know I'm making you hate Mrs Barakat; but she's not going to be a bitch forever.
I hope this ones alright. I'm not 100% fond of this particular chapter but ill let you guys decide. :)
Comments please!