Status: Back in business. Please read second authors note added to the 'Info" section of this story.

Head on Collision

Do You Promise To Tell The Truth...

Jack’s POV

“Jack! We can’t just come forward like that!” Alex stared at me from his place perched on the basin in the boys room.

it was during my history lesson and Alex’s free. I had to talk to him right away before I chickened out. I thought it was easier to jsut come forward; confess to the whole thing. Okay makybe noth the whole thing but admit we were in there at that time, doing, stuff.

“But Alex,” I sighed.

“no buts Jack,” Alex shook his head and slid off the basin and stood in front of me. “Can you imagine if our parents found out about this? We’d probably both be grounded or probably expelled for doing that on school property. Zack and Rian would never let us live it down.”

Okay. So maybe he did have a good point.

“does the principal even know?” Alex asked.

I could see how distressed he was by this situation. His eyes were glassy and his face was creased into a frown. I shook my head slowly in reponse to his question.

“Oh,” he continued. “So theres really no worry. This will all just blow over.”

“Lex, things like this don’t just blow over,” I told him. “Not at this school.”

“Maybe we can go to the principal and tell him that we heard it too,” Alex kept talking looking around the bathroom as if to try and get ideas from the writing and graffiti on the walls. “Or, we didn’t and Sam’s making it up?”

“He’d ask why we weren’t in class though,” I said; taking a seat on the basin myself; watching Alex pace back and forth.

“Oh shit, that’s right,” he bit his lip and stopped for a moment before continuing with hsi pacing.

“Maybe one of us heard it,” he kept going. “like you went on one of your bathroom wanders. Or I was going to the libary. He’d believe that. I go to the libary.”

I lsid back down and stopped him.

“Or we just go, and we tell him the truth and deal with the consequences,” I suggested.

“Since when have you been a grown up?” Alex frowned up at me.

“Look,” I sighed. “I just don’t see the point in coming up with some bullshit excuse when we know the truth.”

“The truth could kill us Jack,” Alex almost squeaked and I gave him a look. “Okay. Maybe thats a little over dramatic.”

“A little?”

“Okay. A lot.” Alex sighed and stepped back from me; making a gap between us. “I just don’t want to get in shit for this Jack. I dotn want you to get in trouble for something I did.”

‘From experience, it takes two people to have sex Alex,” I half laughed but Alex wasn’t having it. I took a step closer to him and slid my hand onto either side of his face. “Baby, breathe for me. It’ll be okay.”

“How can you be so relaxed?” Alex looked up at me; his eyes more worried and nervous then ever.

“You just, do that to me,” I shrugged. “Now, will you trust me? Honestly. Whatever happens. Ill be there to protect you.”

“You cant protect me form my mothers wrath if she finds out about this,” Alex bit down on hsi lip.

“Then she wont find out,” I smiled at him. I pressed a soft kiss to his lips. “So, can we just confess?”

Alex looked at me unsurely; his eyes practically boreing into mine. I smiled softly and I watched his eyes shift rom my eyes to my lips and back to my eyes. I heard him sigh.

“Okay,” he whispered.

“That’s my boy,” I smiled. “Come on.”

~

Jack and I walked into the office; a distance between us that I was uncomfortable with. I was so used to being close, hlding his hand. he smiled back at me as we approached the receptionist. She looked up at Jack; her thin glasses perched on the edge of her nose and one of those rice cracker things was held in a freshly manicured hand; her long red nails were just ridiculous.

“Can I help you?” she asked us; her mouth full of cracker.

“We’d like to see the principal,” Jack smiled at her a little.

“Take a seat,” he instructed. “He’s with someone at the moment.”

Jack and I sat in the ugly bright orange chairs that lined one of the walls of the office. He sat back in the chair; crossing his arms across his chest. I knew how impatient he was. I leaned forward instead; my elbows on my knees. I was shitting myself. Why had I agreed to this? Why had I agreed to confess everything? Why was Jack being so mature all of a sudden? Why had I even gone through with yesterday? I sighed and I felt a hand on my shoulder. I knew it was Jack; his familiar warmth spread over my body like a blanket of comfort. I wihs I ould hold his hand though.

I looked up when the principals office door opened. And was shocked when Sam walked thourgh it.

“I hope we don’t have to speak any further into this matter, Mr. Nichols,” the principal told him firmly and Sam shook his head.

“No sir.”

“Bakc to class,” the principal instructed.

I followed Sam with my eyes as he sulked out of the room; taking a late pass formt he receptionist as he went. What was he doing here?

“Mr Barakat?”

“Hi, um, we need to talk to you,” Jack told him.

The principal lookd curious for a moment before stepping a side and gesturing into his office. I followed Jack slowly. I had only been in a principals office once and that was when I started here. It was, strange.

“What’s troubling you boys?” he aksed.

Jack sat down in one of the chairs opposite the principal and I followed suit. I kept my eyes trained on the floor; deiciding then and there to let Jack do all the talking.

“Okay, well, I may as well just start yes?” Jack asked and the prinicipal nodded. Jacxk cleared his thorat before continuing.

“Well, it’s about the events of yesterday that I’m sure you have heard about,” Jack started.

“Yes,” principal, whos named I learnt was Mr Chapman said. “I already know what happened.”

“You do?’ I asked him; looking up quickly before dropping my eyes again.

“Yes,” Mr Chapman continued. “Mr Nichols told me everything.”

I gulped.

“Everything?” Jack asked.

“Yes,” mr chapman nodded. “Mr Nichols made the whole thing up.”

“What?” Jack gaped at him.

Mr Chapman looked a little taken aback by Jack’s outburst. He sat up striagter and took a sip of the liquid in his mug before continuing.

“He confessed to me that he made it up,” he old us. “He didn’t hear anybody down there yesterday. He just wanted to start something.”

“but why?” I asked now; feeling a little more relaxed that this was off us.

“He wanted to start a rumour, get himself noticed again,” Mr Chapman shrugged causally. “Apparently since he started seeing Miss Jones he has ‘faded into the background’ on the football team.”

“But, Laurens nice though,” Jack sat back. “That’s stupid. Why amke something liek that up?”

“Who knows?” Mr Chapman replied. ‘Anyway, what were you going to tell me?”

“Oh, nothing,” Jack sat up and shook his head. “Its not important now. Come on Alex.”

Jack stood up and I followed him.

“Thank you for your time Mr Chapman,” I smiled a little before closing the door behind me.

Jack walked quickly through the office and out into the hallway that was still empty due to class still being on.

“Thank fuck for that,” Jack grinned.

“What do you mean? You’re the one who wanted to tell him?” I asked.

“You think I wasn’t shitting myself overit though?” he exhaled and smiled at me; pulling me into a hug quickly.

“Im so relieved,” I agreed; laughing into Jack’s shoulder. “Really. I thought we were done for.”

“Never,” Jack pulled away a little and kissed me on the forehead. “You know what this means though?”

“What?” I asked.

“It means that storage room doesn’t echo,” Jack smirked. “sound proof.”

I shook my head and laughed at him.

“I don’t think we’ll be doing that at school for a long time Jack,” I told him.

“But, I do get you though, don’t i?” Jack pouted.

“Anytime,” I smiled; kissing him softly. “Just not at school. Now scoot. Back to history.”

“Ill miss you,” Jack said as he backed away.

“Itll only be twenty minutes,” I replied.

“But still,” Jack told me and I smiled to myself as I turned away; heading back to the libary.

Thank god that ordeal was over.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, sorry if this is shit. really. i just wanted to give you guys something.
because i know i hadnt updated in so long.
theres only a few chapters until those chapters happen. so, the next few may be fillers or something.
comments please?