Status: Back in business. Please read second authors note added to the 'Info" section of this story.

Head on Collision

Another Song For The Weekend

Jacks POV!
“Shit shit shit!” I swore as practically sprinted down the hall way; nearly tripping over someones shoes in the process. “I’m running late!”

Rian tooted the horn of his jeep for the third time. I chucked my tshirt over my head as I went out the door. As a second thought I reopened the door and popped my head around.

“Bye mum!” I hollered down the hall to her; grabbing a hoodie off the back of the lounge.

“Bye!” she replied loudly. “Be good!”

I ran down the drive to Rian’s jeep and jumped over the dorr into the passenger sde.

“Sup dude?” I asked him and he cocked an eyebrow at me. “I’m sorry! I wa on the phone to Alex.”

“You’re forgiven. This time,” Rian shook his head and pulled away form the curb quickly.

I turned a little ad caught sight of Rian’s outfit for the night. He had on a pale blue bottom down under a leather jacket that looked brand new. Rita’s must of given him a pay rise or something. I had never seen Rian in a pair of dark jeans before.

“Lookin’ good Ri,” I told him; wolf whistling sarcadtically.

“Oh really?” he asked; his voice tinted with a sense or urgency. “you ahve no idea how many time I changed my damn shirt.”

“Why?” I laughed at him.

“Well, I’m meeting Kara’s parents for the first time tonight,” he told me.

“Oh,” I laughed again. “Is that all?”

“Didnt ou want to make a good impression on Alex’s parents?”

“Well, yeah. But I didn’t have a warning. He just asked me to come over one afternoon,” I shrugged. “I didn’t have a chance to change my shirt a million times.”

“It wasn’t a million,” Rian blushed a little and kept his eyes trained on the road. “it was like, three times.”

“really Rian? Really?” I crossed my arms and raised my eyebrows.

“Okay,” Rian caved. “So it was actually liek twenty three. But I’m nervous dude.”

“You’ll be fine,” I smiled. “Really. You’re not just an awesome dude to us Rian. You’re just a genrally nice guy too. Her parents will love you.”

“That’s what she keeps saying,” Rian sighed.

“Then it must be true.”

“There’s seomthing else man,” Rian continued.

It felt good bing able to talk to Rian like this. It felt liek it had been years since I had a proper one on one chat with him.

“What?”

“I think tonight might be the night,” he responded.

I cocked my head ot the side.

“For?”

“Me and Kara haven’t, you know, yet,” he admitted; the blush turning him into a tomato.

“Really?” I asked; laughing a bit.

“Fuck you Barakat,” Rian frowned. “I shouldn’t have told you.”

“No, man. I’m sorry,” I said. “Really. I’m sorry.”

“I mean, we’ve done some stuff, just not that,” he told me.

“She must be special,” I smiled.

“She is,” he smiled his typical Rian smile. “I love her man.”

I grinned.

“Aw, Ri-Ri’s in love,” I punched his shoulder lightly.

“Yeah, I think I am,” he slowed to a stop at the traffic lights. “Neither Kara or myself have gone there yet, so I guess we’re just saving it.”

“You two are so cute,” I kaughed.

“Thanks,” Rian laughed with me as he pulled away again.

Then it hit me.

“Where’s Zack?”

“He said he’d be along later,” Rian shrugged. “He’s doing something with Alezandra or something.”

“Maybe he finally caught the hint,” I shook my head.

“Myabe,” Rian agreed. “It’s only been what, almost 3 years.”

“Yeah,” I nodded. “Although, I didn’t see what she saw in his emo look he was rocking in seventh grade.”

“me either,” Rian laughed.

We both fell silent and I watche dRian’s face. It was written all over his face that he was nervous.

“Rian, breathe,” I urged him. “You’ll be okay really. Kara’s parent will fall in love with your charm and ou’re wit and that handsome face. She’s already in love with you. Whats there to lose? Well, besides the obvikous.”

“You’re right,” he exhaled. “Exept the being in love thing. I haven’t even told her.”

“Then tell her tonight dill brain!” I hit him. “Ultimate birthday present.”

“You think I should?” he asked as we pulled into what I guess wwas Kara’s driveway. He baby blue convertible was the determining factor.

“If you don’t tell her, I will for you,” I told him.

“Okay, okay,” Rian laughed. “I’ll do it. Ill definitely do it.”

“Good,” I nodded; opening the car door and getting out. “Let’s get her done.”

“Let’s do it,” Rian agreed.

He stood still beside his jeep. I rolled my eyes, stomped my way around to him and seized his wrist.

“Come on you loser,” I said as I dragged him toward the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Have a third.
okay./
so i wanted to give you a rian and jack moment. because rian's hardly ever in it really.
a little insight into him and Kara's relationship. :)
have i made up for not updating for over a month?
comment and let me know!
i want honesty!
<3