Status: Back in business. Please read second authors note added to the 'Info" section of this story.

Head on Collision

Meet The Parents

Jack’s POV

Rian let himself into the Diakoulas household after just rapping on the door with his knuckles once. His whole body was tense; I could see it. I laughed to myself. I didn’t remember being this nervous when I first met the Gaskarth’s for the first time. I was just glad that the shirt I had chosen to wear that day was clean. I must admit though, Peter Gaskarth is a rather threatening human being when you first see him. but underneath, he’s a teddy bear. I had never met Kara’s parents before. Heck, I’d never been to her house so I wasn’t sure what to expect. But if Kara’s anything to go by, her mum will be a babe.

“Rian, just remember to breathe man,” I leaned over Rian’s shoulder and whispered in his ear. “Breathe.”

“Breathing. Got it,” I heard Rian exhale. “Kara?”

“I’ll be there in a sec babe,” I heard Kara’s soft voice travel down the stairs.

“Okay,” Rian called back. “Jack’s here too. He can help set up.”

“What?” I asked him.

“Oh, hey Jack!” Kara called to me.

“Hey, happy birthday!” I called up the stairs to her; trying to see who I was yelling to.

“Thank you,” she answered.

I heard a door shut and foot steps on the stairs. Kara appeared at the top. She looked amazing. She wore a plain white dress with some sort of lace over lay. She slowly walked down the stairs; her loose curls flowing behind her. She looked different. I was used to seeing her in her cheer-leading uniform, or jeans and a plaid shirt. She looked really pretty. She came to a stop at the bottom of the stairs and I looked to Rian. The expression he wore screamed nothing but love. He smiled.

“Hello,” he whispered as she stepped up inot his open arms. “You look stunning.”

“Thank you,” she answered; her light blush getting smothered by Rian’s shirt.

She stepped back a little and planted a soft kiss on his lips.

“hey Jack,” she smiled at me and hugged me quickly.

“Hey,” I smiled. “You look beautiful. happy birthday.”

“Thanks,” Kara smiled and looked back to Rian who was still smiling like a loon.

“He’s nervous,” I told her and Rian looked at me.

“I’ve told you a million times babe,” Kara held Rian’s face in both hands. “They’ll love you. Um. Just like I love you.”

I smiled at Kara’s little speech and we both stood there waiting for Rian to reply.

‘Thank you babe,” Rian sighed pulling her into a hug.

I watched Kara’s face distort into one of disappointment.

“Okay,” Kara stepped back and pointed past the stairs. “My parents are in the back room. I’ve got to finish getting the basement ready.’

‘You’re not coming with me?” Rian looked at her in a panic.

“Nope,” she smiled. The disappointment still in her eyes. She turned; walking past the stairs leading up and disappeared behind a door at the end.

“she told you she loves you and all you said was thank you,” I shook me head at him.

“What?” Rian faced me. “When?”

“She just said that her parents will love you, "just like I love you",” I told him.

“Fuck,” he muttered. “I didn’t, I didn’t catch it. She’s been saying that all week. Oh shit.”

"you're one clueless fucker," i shook my head only to be met with a look of distress from Rian. I put my hands on both of Rian’s shoulders. “Calm down."

“Come with me?” Rian requested.

“Rian,” I looked at him.

“Please Jack,” Rian begged. “I’ll do anything.”

“Anything?”

“Anything,” he nodded. “Just don’t make me go in there by myself.”

“I will come with you if you stop being all squirmy when me and Alex kiss at school,” I slid my hands off his shoulders and tilted my head.

“Deal,” Rian smiled. “Besides, I always thought you two were sort of cute.”

“Sort of cute?” I scoffed. “We damn right fucking adorable.”

Rian laughed.

“Come on then,” I led the way in the direction Kara had pointed.

Rian followed hot on my heals. I knocked a few times on the closed door.

“Come in,” a deep voice came from inside.

With a reassuring smile to Rian I turned the handle and stepped inside. There stood a rather tall gentleman, short but not too short black hair. He was about my height and thin. A woman sat in an arm chair beside him; her smile a replica of Kara’s. Her deep brown hair was sitting just past her shoulders. I walked up tot hem slowly and held out my hand to Kara’s father.

“Hello Mr Diakoulas, I’m Jack,” I smiled.

“Jack,” Mr Diakoulas dipped his head to me. “But I thought Kara was dating a gentlemen named Rian.”

“This is Rian,” I told him; smile still on my face. I turned my head to Rian who stood sheepishly smiling to my left. “Forgive him. he’s just a tad nervous. Kara’s his first girlfriend you see, so, you’re the first parents he’s meeting.”

Mr Diakoulas held his hand out to Rian who shook it.

“It’s nice to meet you Rian,” he smiled softly.

“And you sir,” Rian replied. “m’am.”

“Oh aren’t you cute,” Mrs Diakoulas stood up and pulled Rian flush up against her into a hug. I bit my lip as Rian awkwardly embraced her.

“Thank you,” he nervously laughed.

“Oh honey,” Mrs Diakoulas stepped back and tapped his nose with her finger. “We wont bite. You have made our dear Kara so in sanely happy. How could we not like you?”

“I don’t know,” Rian half laughed. “but um. I want to assure you right now that I love her though. Kara I mean. She doesn’t know it yet. But I do love her. I love her so much. Which is why I wanted to make such a good impression on you because, although we’re young, I want to be with her forever. She’s amazing. I love her so much.”

Mr Diakoulas smiled over my shoulder.

“I get the feeling she does know,” he told us and Rian spun around.

Kara stood in the doorway; her hands clutched in front of her. Her smile wide and tears in her eyes. Rian approached her quickly and held her hands.

“I love you, Kara Diakoulas,” He told her; smiling. “I love you so very much.”

“Thank you,” she whispered; throwing her arms around his neck.

“Young love,” I mused looking from Kara and Rian, to her parents and back again. “Isn't it grand?”

“Only the grandest,” Mrs Diakoulas agreed. “Okay. Now let’s get this party under way.”
♠ ♠ ♠
okay. so i didt take a month to update this time. can i get a chorus of 'yay's?
haha.
anyway, i know this is a jalex fic but i had to stick some Kara/Rian in there again. what would their couple name be? hm. maybe you all can come up with some.
anyway, ive got another update lined up. not sure when it'll be up though.
comments?
please.
tell me what you think. you're opinions mean the most to me.
also. merry late christmas to all my beautiful readers/subscribers. :)