Status: Back in business. Please read second authors note added to the 'Info" section of this story.

Head on Collision

I Don't Care

I trudged my way in through the front doors of the school. My eyes were trained on the floor. I didn’t dare look up over the crowd in the hall. I could feel all their eyes on me and I didn’t really want to see each and every angry expression. Apparently, Alex has made quite the impression on this school in the short time he’d been here. How did I know this you ask? Well, it could be the abusive slurs I copped from people walking here this morning, or the multitude of texts and calls I had got to my cell last night.

Zack and Rian had called me in a three way call. I had explained things to them, about Jasey being all over me at the party, denying her and then her offering me that drink. After that, everything was a blank. I told them I didn’t remember sleeping with her, I didn’t remember falling asleep, and I couldn’t really remember anything. In response I got a sigh.

”its not us that you need to convince, Jack,” Rian had said during our conversation.

”Rian’s right,” Zack added. ”Alex Is really broken. And as selfish as this sounds right now, I can’t help but be pissed at you for jeopardising this band before it even got off the ground.

I had sighed and frowned and told them I was going to try and get some shut eye. Emphasis on the try of course. It didn’t happen. I didn’t sleep a wink; no dozing, no nothing. I just kept running through the argument in the cafeteria, the looks on everybodys faces and the look of devastation on Alex’s face of being betrayed. I hated myself. I really fucking did.

I walked to my locker and pulled it open. I reached in; pulling out my English text book. I felt a hand on my shoulder. My heart skipped a beat. Alex?

“Don’t bother with your books, son,” the principal, Mr Chapman’s voice told me and I sighed in disappointment. “Come with me please.”

I sighed again and turned to the principal, his tanned face looking red. He frowned and led the way to his office. Not that I needed a chaperone, I had been there often enough. I walked like a man condemned; head down, eyes trained on the floor. I felt the eyes of my fellow students on me as I walked. Judging me, hating me. After what felt like the longest walk in history, we reached the office door and the principal ushered me inside.

I made my way to the familiar red chairs on the opposite side of the desk to the large leather one. I dropped my bag at my feet and plonked down in the chair. I heard the door close and watched Mr Chapman make his way to his seat. He sat and clasped his hands in front of him on the desk.

“What am I going to do with you Barakat?” he started; his gruff voice even stronger then usual.

“Kill me?” I offered.

“no,” he shook his head. did he think I was serious? “I understand you got into a fight with Mr Alex Gaskarth yesterday at lunch in the cafeteria?”

I cringed at the mention of Alex’s name. I nodded slowly.

“Right, well, he isn’t at school today, so I guess I’ll deal with him tomorrow,” he told me and I snapped my eyes up at him.

“What do you mean, deal with him tomorrow?” I asked quickly.

“Punishment,” he explained. “From what I’ve heard, he threw the first punch.”

“That’s true, but please don’t punish Alex,” I pleaded; I looked down at my hands. “I’ve hurt him enough.”

“He’s been hurt enough?”

I nodded.

“How?” he asked and I sighed.

“I’m an idiot,” I shrugged; keeping my head down.

“You said you’d hurt him enough,” Mr Chapman pushed. “Explain.”

Should I really tell him what happened? Maybe it’ll keep Alex out of trouble. But what if the principal judges me? Judges us? I sighed. Fuck it.

“Well, Alex and i. We sort of, you know,” I looked up again; waving my hands trying to get Mr Chapman to catch on.

“You and Mr Gaskarth are in a relationship?” he questioned.

“Well, we were,” I corrected. “Until yesterday.”

“What happened?” he leaned forward; his face telling me he was genuinely interested.

“I went to my mate Rian’s girlfriend Kara’s birthday party on the weekend,” I started.

“Rian Dawson?”

I nodded.

“He’s dating Kara Diakoulsa?”

I nodded again before continuing.

“Anyway, Alex couldn’t go. Prior family commitment. He said I could go; Kara’s my friend too,” I looked to Mr Chapman, who nodded for me to continue.

“So I went just to hang out with my mates but once I got there, Jasey was sort of all over me,” I continued. “She asked me to dance and I flatly refused. She already smelled like she’d been drinking and I didn’t want to get involved.”

“Wise move,” Mr Chapman agreed.

“I thought so too. She said fine and asked if I wanted a coke. Me being an idiot agreed to it and she brought me the coke,” I sighed; breaking the eye contact. “And, the next thing I remember, I’m waking up with a splitting headache and Jasey Rae passed out in bed beside me.”

“So, you’re saying you slept with Jasey?”

“Yes,” I clarified; my voice just above a whisper.

“Don’t mind me stating the obvious, but you seem really broken up about this,” he told me.

“I love him,” I said; my voice breaking. I felt tears fill my eyes.

“Alright, alright,” Mr Chapman soothed and passed me the tissue box. “Hey now. It’s okay.”

“No it’s not,” I raised my voice. “I lost the guy I love because of that stupid Jasey slut! She knew me and Alex were together. She knew and she still threw herself at me. And now, now I have nothing.”

Mr Chapman stood up and came and sat in the chair beside me. He rested a cautious hand on my shoulder.

“Listen Jack,” he started; his voice softer, almost unrecognisable. “I won’t punish Alex; at all. But if I don’t do something it’ll look suss.”

“I understand,” I nodded. “I deserve anything I get.”

‘I’m just going to suspend you for three days okay?”

I nodded.

“Effective immediately?” I asked and Mr Chapman nodded in response.

He rubbed my shoulder comfortingly.

“Thank you, Mr Chapman,” I offered a half smile and stood up.

I walked towards the door.

“Oh and Jack?”

I turned back to him.

“For what its worth, I hope everything turns out for the best,” Mr Chapman smiled.

“Me too,” I replied and stepped out of the office.

I didn’t know what to do now. I had no one to turn to. Everyone hated me; hated me for something I had no control over doing. I sighed. I did know one thing though. I knew where I was heading next.
♠ ♠ ♠
one more.
and i have to stop there. thats like.... alot fo updates in a day.
enjoy subscribers!
and ill see you ina few days!
<3333