Status: Back in business. Please read second authors note added to the 'Info" section of this story.

Head on Collision

My Herat Is the Worst Kind Of Weapon

Jack’s POV

I sat clutching the steering wheel of my mum’s car; staring straight ahead. I had been sitting in the car in the parking lot for about 25 minutes. I left my house early enough so I could make sure Alex was at school today. It was Monday. It had been a grand total of six days since I had spoken to Alex properly. Six. It’s not that I hadn’t tried. I had called his cell and harassed his voicemail until the recorded female voice told me that his inbox was full. I texted him all the time. The amount of credit I had gone through was borderline ridiculous. Okay. Maybe it was ridiculous. There was only one time I thought he had replied but it had turned out to be Rian; asking how I was and whether I wanted to come out and hang or not. I just ignored it.

I didn’t want to hang out with anyone; not until I got the chance to speak to Alex. One on one; face to face, not screaming up at him from the ground while he’s on his balcony. Do you have any idea how tempting it was to climb that tree and just let myself in? But then I thought that would be a little creepy. Okay. Very creepy.

I tightened my grip on the steering wheel. I had never been so nervous to walk through those doors. Would everyone still hate me? Or would they hate me even more? What had Jasey said about me these past few days? How were Kara and Rian? Was anything happening between Zack and Alexandra? And most importantly, how was Alex?

I ducked down when I spotted the school bus in the rear view. I peered over the top of the door; watching the people file off the bus. Person after person filed off. The jocks, the cheerleaders, a few stupid scene kids and then I spotted him. Alex.

I bit my lip. He had on those jeans from his very first day; blue, with the cuffs turned up every so slightly. a plaid shirt; dark blue and light blue check. He was wearing a black beanie. I smiled sadly and looked down at the passenger seat where the beanie Alex had left behind sat.

I turned back and followed him with my eyes as he approached the school; being met by Kara Rian and Alexandra as he walked up the stairs. That’s strange. Where’s Zack...?

“What are you doing Jack?” Zack’s voice came from outside the car and I near shit myself.

“Fucking hell Zack,” I breathed; jumping a mile high. “Dont do that.”

“Sorry,” he said; squatting down beside the car. “But, seriously man. What are you doing?”

“I’m scared to go in there,” I told him; ashamed.

“Why?”

I just looked at him. Was he serious?

“Because Zack,” I turned a little in the chair. “Last time I was here, everyone hated me, I got into a fight with my now ex boyfriend..”

“Alright alright, but seriously,” Zack stood up. “There’s no point hiding out in your car. Get your ass out of there.”

I reluctantly grabbed my bag from the floor of the passenger side and opened the door. I stood straight and Zack smiled at me.

“come on, it wont be that bad,” he assured me. “Besides, no ones really been talking about it.”

‘Really?”

Zack just shrugged and I cocked an eyebrow at him and shook my head. I made my way to the door; Zack leading the way. I had butterflies going nuts in my stomach. Fuck. I swallowed as I started to feel sick. Zack pulled open the door and held it open for me. I closed my eyes and stepped over the horizon. I kept my eyes shut.

I waited. I didn’t get pelted with anything. No one said anything and I didn’t feel anyone looking at me. I cautiously opened my eyes. everyone stood by their lockers; talking in their usual groups; chatting like normal. I scanned the crowd; somewhat relieved no one had noticed me. I started wlaking slowly up the hall, only to come to a complete halt when my gaze fell on Alex.

He stood in front of his locker; leaning against it. He was smiling; obviously Rian or one of the girls had said something. That smile. That gorgeous smile I hadn’t seen in days. Fuck. It was like I was a girl seeing her crush for the first time. My knees were weak, my heart was racing, and my palms were sweating. I inhaled deeply.

I took a few steps forward before Zack grabbed my arm.

“What are you doing?” he asked; he looked at me like I was an idiot.

“I need to talk to him Zack,” I answered simply; pulling my arm from his grasp.

“Don’t,” he warned. “Just don’t.

“I have to,” I told him.

I approached Alex slowly. It was Kara who spotted me first. She nudged Rian a little and he looked up at me. He shook his head. I swallowed as I got closer; the nerves just getting worse.

The group all looked down or around as I got closer. Alex looked confused.

“Hey Lex,” I started slowly and he turned around. “Can I talk to you for a second?”

Alex just looked at me; his face a plain ‘fuck off.’

“I’ll take that as a no,” I bit me lip.

“You can take that as a fuck no,” he sighed. “Honestly Jack. When are you going to get it through your fat head that I don’t want to talk to you?”

“I need to talk to you though,”I pushed.

“I don’t answer the phone when you call, I don’t respond to your texts and I don’t talk to you when you call my house,” he held up a finger for each of his points. “I don’t want to talk to you Jack. Theres nothing you can say.”

Alex turned away from me; pushing his way through the gap between Alexandra and Kara and walking away. I looked to the faces of my friends. Well the people that were my friends.

“But I love you Lex,” I called after Alex loudly.

Now I had done it. I hadn’t been noticed before but now, I could feel every pair of eyes on me.

Alex spun round.

“Well, I don’t fucking love you,” he spat. “And stop fucking calling me that!”

He turned away again; walking through the door to the office.

“Way to make a scene Jack,” Zack told me; slapping me on the back of the head.

I rubbed my head.

“I will talk to him,” I assured them. “I just have to.”

I walked away from my friends. I felt their eyes on me and those of everyone else in the hall.

“Take a picture,” I threw my hands up in defeat. “It’ll fucking last longer.”
♠ ♠ ♠
i know i know. Alex is being pathetic.
it'll pass soon.
i promise. :)
more comments!
thats three!