Status: Back in business. Please read second authors note added to the 'Info" section of this story.

Head on Collision

Contagious Chemistry

Alex’s POV

I spun around to face Jack again.

“Well, I don’t fucking love you,” i yelled to him. “And stop fucking calling me that!”

I turned around and walked away quickly; disappearing into the door at the end that led to the office. I opened the door to the janitor’s closet and closed it behind me. I plonked my self down against the door; letting myself cry. Fucking asshole.

What I said to Jack was a lie. He knew that, I knew that, everyone knew that. I could never hate him. I fucking love him too much. I don’t care what he did. I couldn’t hate him. I had tried. I really had. I was so angry with him. But I couldn’t hate him.

Someone knocked on the door of the janitor’s closet and I feared the worst. I swear if that’s Jack.

“Hey Alex, its Holly,” her soft voice came from beyond the door. “can I come in?”

“Yeah,” I choked.

The door slowly opened and Holly stepped inside; dropping her bag and kneeling beside me.

“Come here babe,” she soothed and pulled me to her.

I collapsed into her; my head on her shoulder, crying shamelessly.

“I’m here Lexy, I’m here,” she rubbed her hand up and down my back. She pressed a careful kiss to my temple. “It’s okay.”

‘No its not,” I pulled away and wiped my eyes with the back of my hand, angry at myself. “I should hate him. I should fucking hate him for what happened. But why? Why can't i?”

“You don’t hate him?” Holly asked him.

“no,” I admitted; shaking my head. “I love him. I’ve always loved him. Its not fair.”

“I know, I know,” she moved closer and just hugged me.

I sighed and let her hug me. I felt so pathetic. I was crying in a closet over my ex boyfriend, who cheated on me and I should hate but still love. I half laughed and Holly pushed me back off her.

“Was that a laugh?” she smiled.

“Yeah,” I nodded. “Just laughing at how pathetic I am.”

“You’re not pathetic,” she told me. “But you are late. And so am i. To first period.”

“Whatever,” I muttered.

“Come on,” holly stood up, picked up her bag and held her hand out to me.

I looked up to her. Her smile was comforting; her face sincere. I took her hand and stood up. I pulled her into a tight hug.

“Thank you Holly,” I whispered. “Thank you so much for being here for me.”

“You’re welcome Alex,” she replied. “Come on. Let’s go.”

She pulled the door open. I refused to let go of her hand; choosing to lace my fingers through hers instead. We started back up the hall way. There were still a few people scattered throughout; regardless that first period had started.

I spotted Jack and he was staring right at me.

Jack’s POV

“Whats Holly doing?” I asked Zack quietly.

“What do you mean?” he asked before turning around. “Oh.”

“yeah,” I frowned. “Oh.”

“Look, I bet nothings going on,” Zack told me; trying to catch my eye and drag it away from Alex. “She’s been good to him through all this bullshit. He won’t talk to me or Rian. He’s convinced we’re on your side.”

“There are no sides,” I finally looked at him. “I'm the idiot that did all this. Technically you all should have his back. Not mine. I don’t even know why you’re talking to me right now.”

“You’re my mate. One of my best mates,” he shrugged. “That’s all that matters.”

“I have to talk to him,” my eyes feel back onto Alex.

“What? Jack. No. You heard him. He doesn’t want to talk to you,” he told me.

“But I want to talk to him,” I answered. “I’ll just have to make him talk.”

I walked away from Zack despite all his warnings. I didn’t care what he had to say. Alex was all that mattered right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
alright. last one for today!
IM RUNNING OUT OF ALREADY WRITTEN UPDATES!
i should get on that while tumblrs being an ass.!
anyway!
comments again!!
thisis shit. i know. :):)