Status: Back in business. Please read second authors note added to the 'Info" section of this story.

Head on Collision

You're Crashing But You're No Wave

Jack’s POV

I winced as the nurse pressed an ice pack to my jaw. I resisted the temptation to tell her to fuck off; instead forcing a rather sarcastic smile. She smiled sweetly in return. I rolled my eyes as she walked away. I moved my jaw a little only to have it throb in pain. Alex definitely had a good right hook. Zack was right, as usual. Alex definitely didn’t want to talk to me. And forcing him didn’t work either.

I approached the table in the cafeteria. It was just before recess and naturally the cafeteria was empty for about another 5 minutes. I took a deep breath; thankful that it was only us in the room.

“Um, hey,” I started nervously.

Alex’s eyes shot up and his face instantly creased into a frown.

“Jack. What’d I say?”

“That you didn’t want to talk to me,” I answered.

“That still stands,” he told me.

I could literally see how pissed he was just by looking at his face. I caught his eye and just smiled.

“I figured, if you want voluntarily talk to me, I’m going to have to force you.”

His expression shifted into one of worry and alarm then he relaxed; back into a frustrated frown.

“You can’t force me to do anything Jack,” he said; his tone smarmy.

“Maybe not, but I can not let you leave this cafeteria,” I sighed. “I really need to get this off my chest.”

Alex just shook his head and stood up; making his way to the doors. I backed up quicker then he approached; pulling them all the way closed and locking them in the process.

“What the fuck did you do that for?” Alex shouted at me; barging me out of the way and trying to open the doors. “Why won’t they open?”

“They can only be unlocked from the outside,” I shrugged. “But hey. At least this gives us a chance to talk.”

“I have nothing to say to you Jack,” Alex practically growled.

“Well, then, I’ll talk,” I started; sliding onto one of the tables closest to the doors. I watched as he struggled to open the doors. Doesn’t he listen? “They won’t open.”

He ignored me and I sighed. I might as well just talk.

“I guess, first of all I should say I’m sorry,” I bit my lip.

Alex’s head whipped around and for a second I thought I saw forgiveness in his eyes. It was short lived.

“What ever Jack,” he muttered; pushing on the door.

“But you have to believe me,” I continued; my eyes staying on him. “What happened with Jasey. I had no control over it. I thought I was drinking coke.”

“Yep, just keep talking Jack,” Alex pushed down on the handle again and again with no luck. “I’m not believing a word you’re saying.”

He stopped and looked at me.

“It’s all bullshit,” he spat. “Really. Why can’t you just admit it?”

“There’s nothing to admit,” I argued. “She fucking spiked my drink.”

“Why’d you even go? Why’d you even drink that fucking drink?”

“You fucking told me to go. And I don’t know.” I frowned.

“Did you cheat on your girlfriend in ninth grade or not?” Alex asked randomly.

“What? What does that have to do with anything?” I slid off the table.

“Well, if you did it then, who’s to say what happened with Jasey wasn’t on purpose,” he argued.

“I fucking told you I didn’t.”

“How can I believe you?” he said. I saw tears in his eyes. “I didn’t know you then.”

“You should believe me because you love me,” I stepped closer and closer. “You trust me.”

“I used to,” I saw him swallow as I slowly backed him against the door. He put his hand against my chest; desperate to keep me away. I grabbed a wrist in either hand. “I’ve been hurt before Jack. So many times. By so many people in my life. Friends, girlfriends, Daniel.” His voice cracked. “I didn’t expect it from you. I...i thought you were different form all those jerks Jack. I thought you were different.”

“I am different,” I whispered; my face mere inches from his.

“No you’re not,” he shook his head slowly. “I hate you.”

I searched his eyes for truth in this statement but I found none.

“But I love you,” I answered; my voice just above a whisper. I leaned in; pressing my lips to his softly. I heard him sigh as he started kissing me back; applying that pressure that I missed. Fuck. The taste of his lips; how soft they were. I savored it. I savored it all.

I heard him groan as he fought against my grip. I released him and he shoved me back. His face was red; tears were practically pouring down his face. He lifted his hand and made a fist and I knew exactly what was coming next.


Which leads me to why I’m sitting here in the sick bay. Looking back, I don’t think kissing him was the wisest move I could have made. I looked up when someone appeared in the door way.

I looked up to find Zack leaning against the door frame; head cocked to the side and his arms crossed. He had a “I told you” look written all over his face.

“Not a word,” I muttered; looking down to restrain from slapping that look right off his face.

“I guess he didn’t want to talk,” Zack stated the obvious.

I glared at him.

“What’d I just say?”

“You said not a word. That was like,” he counted them off his fingers then smirked. “Seven.”

I shook my head.

“I’m not giving up Zack,” I slowly trailed my eyes back up to his face.

I heard him sigh and he moved to sit beside me.

“I’m not saying you should,” he told me, tipping his head on the side. Some of the curls fell into his eyes but he didn’t move them

“What should I do?” I sighed; finally asking for help.

Zack stayed quiet for a second, pondering my question.

“I love him Zack,” I said pathetically.

“I know,” Zack smiled a little. “But maybe, give him space yeah? Let him think things through.”

“For how long?” I asked.

Zack moved and kneeled in front of me. He rested his elbows on my knees; looking me straight in the eye.

“Look,” he started. “Alex loves you.”

“Not now,” I shook my head slowly and Zack carefully stopped it with his hand.

“Yes now,” he smiled. “He always has. He never stopped.”

“What?” I asked him cluelessly.

“Alex is just hurting so much right now that loving you doesn’t matter,” Zack said. “It’s been pushed down. Smothered by the anger and upset that this situation is making him feel. Just give him time.”

“Wow Zack,” I smiled at him. “You really should talk more often.”

Zack laughed and stood up.

“What I said was true, Jacky boy,” he shrugged. “He just needs space.”

“Alright,” I stood up too. “Thanks Zack. Really.”

“You’re welcome,” he draped his arm across my shoulders. “Now come on. I’ll walk you to class.”
♠ ♠ ♠
just a little update for my beautiful subscribers and friends.
you're comments keep me going.
really. i love each and every single one of you.
comments?
what'd you think?