Status: Back in business. Please read second authors note added to the 'Info" section of this story.

Head on Collision

Saving Grace

Jack’s POV

I thought after what happened in the auditorium everything would be different again. I thought everything would have gone back to normal, or at least some fucked up sort of kind of normal. But I guess I was wrong.

After Alex came running at me in tears; hugging me like I was the only thing keeping him on this planet, we stood there. And we stood there. Third period flew by as did forth. It wasn’t until about 5 minutes into lunch that he finally shifted.

He had sniffed back any remaining tears and slowly lifted his head off my shoulder. I had kissed his forehead softly and I saw him smile. That small nervous smile I recognized form our first meeting; from the first time he’d ever told me his name. He slowly dragged his eyes up to mine; the sadness still sat there behind his mahogany eyelashes. He slid his hand up onto my face and held it there; his thumb stroking my cheek softly.

He had smiled sadly and let go; walking away from me, back to the stage to collect his bag. He then walked slowly passed me and out of the auditorium.

I was stupid for letting him go; but words escaped me. I had no idea of what to say. I had never hard someone cry that much before. I had never held someone like that. the desperation from both of us; just wanting, no, needing that closeness again.

I miss him. I fucking miss him.

I had tried calling and texting, but to no avail. I don’t know what to do. I never fucking do.

Zack’s POV

I turned a little and let my eyes settle on Jack. He sat beside me in the back of the maths class as per usual. He had his chin resting atop crossed arms; staring at the front of the classroom. He wasn’t paying attention,that much was for sure. His eyes were glazed over, his hair looked unwashed and I swear, if he could get any thinner he had. It was like he had stopped caring, about his physical appearance, about his school work, about everything. The only thing that mattered anymore was Alex and Alex didn’t even see what his behaviour was doing to Jack.

I was worried about him; really. I mean, I love Jack. He’s like that over excitable, irrational little brother I never wanted. But seeing him like this, so withdrawn, so fragile. It fucking scared me to death. Really and truly.

I sighed and turned my head away, slowly writing down the long equations that the teacher was writing down on the board. I saw Jack’s hand get raised in the air out of the corner of my eye.

It stayed there until the teacher turned around and noticed it.

“Yes, Mr Barakat?” he frowned.

“I’m not feeling too well,” Jack muttered. “Do you mind if I go to the bathroom?”

“Not at all,” he shook his head. “Just go.”

Jack stood slowly; pulling his hood up over his head. I watched as he walked away; before sighing to myself. I chewed on my lip. What was I going to do with him?

How long had it even been since he had done any work in maths? I slid Jack’s book towards me, picked it up and started flipping through. I got to about half way before an envelope fell out of it. I looked down to the envelope. I put his book back down and picked up the envelope; studying it. I smiled when I saw who it was addressed to.

A.W.G.

I turned it over. Should i? I bit my lip as I pulled the flap from inside the envelope and pulled out its contents. I unfolded it and started to read.

I felt myself smile as I read what was scrolled there. A song, or a poem of some sorts. Detailing Jack and Alex’s relationship. From skinny jeans to breaking down walls. It was so perfect. I read it once more before folding it back up and sliding it back into the envelope; sealing it.

I tapped it against my chin. Should i? Should I meddle? I half laughed to myself before sticking Jack’s envelope into my maths text book. I knew exactly where that envelope was heading. Just call me cupid.

As I flipped my book back to the questions, Jack sauntered his way back through the door and dropped himself back into his seat. I smiled at him; knowingly.

He frowned and pulled a face; leaning away from me.

“Why are you smiling at me like that?”

“No reason.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this is shit. but it was done quickly so please forgive me.
i decide to switch it around a bit. have Zack give his opinion.
what'd YOU think? yeah, that's right. you.
its your opinion that matters
comments?