Status: Back in business. Please read second authors note added to the 'Info" section of this story.

Head on Collision

Book Of Me And You

Jack’s POV

Alex and I sat side by side; hand in hand; his head resting on my shoulder. This was fantastic. Great. Marvellous. Spectacular. Perfect! Really. Never before have I been so happy. Seeing Alex smile again; because of me. Having him hug me good morning; kiss me good morning. Snuggling in his bed for the first time in weeks. Spending hours just talking and catching up; it had felt like a lifetime since I had lay there with him. I think it’s safe to say I spent the night. We just lay there you dirty fuckers; just holding each other; little kisses here and there. Fuck. I love him.

About 5 pairs had gone up by this point and you honestly see how frustrated Ms Coleman was getting. Rick Leaman was standing at the front of the class at the moment reading his response to the poem his girl friend had written. She was sitting there flicking her hair and he kept winking at her every now and then. Really. It was disgusting and the poem sucked. Truth be told, Rick is a dumbass.

Rick smirked at his girl as he finished the poem. He dumped it on Ms Coleman’s desk and walked back over to his desk. I rolled my eyes at them as Ms Coleman sighed.

“Didn’t any of you understand the brief of the assignment?” Ms Coleman asked our class.

I looked over my shoulder at everyone. They all wore the same expression. Boredom. She sighed again and looked down to the list of pairs on her desk.

“Alright, it’s Alex and Jack’s turn,” she announced; before rolling her eyes. “Oh lord. Here we go.”

Alex sat up and with a smile at me, stood. He walked to the front of the class and turned to face everyone. He smiled brightly.

“Okay, well, I wrote mine first,” Alex started. “And, Jack wrote the reply. But I haven’t heard it yet.”

I heard Ms Coleman tisk. She really has no faith in me at all.

“It’s called Therapy,” Alex continued; looking to Ms Coleman and she nodded. “Here it goes.”

I watched him closely as he read his masterpiece, his eyes sparkling as he recited every line; his bottom lip trembling only a little as he came to a finish.

With a smile to Ms Coleman, Alex put the poem on her desk and moved to sit back down.

“That was lovely Alex, powerful,” she told him. “Alright. Jack’s turn.”

I stood up; the inevitable nerves erupting in my stomach.

“So Jack,” Ms Coleman started. “What do you think Alex’s poem is about?”

“I think its about a boys struggle with an issue so deep that he couldn’t handle it himself,” I said with confidence. “People were telling him he needed help; professional help. Therapy, But really, he just needed a hug; a friend to talk to. A shoulder the cry on. Someone to care. I guess, he needed someone like me.”

Alex smiled at me from his seat.

“So, you managed to write the poem?” she asked.

“Yes,” I nodded slowly.

“Let’s here it.”

“Okay. My response doesn’t really have a title,” I inhaled deeply. “I just read and reread Alex’s poem and wrote down my feelings as they hit me. If it must have a title, I’d call it Fix You. Um. It’s in response to Alex’s Therapy. I guess it’s me saying that I’ve always got his back and that I care about him. Like. Alot. More than he realises I guess. That, I’ll always be that shoulder that friend and that much needed hug. I’ll be here trying to fix him; for as long as he needs me. Yeah. Um. Here it goes.”

I looked to Alex as I started to read; slowly.

“When you try your best, but you don't succeed.
When you get what you want, but not what you need.
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse.”


I smiled sadly at Alex.

”And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?”


He dropped his eyes to the desk; before slowly dragging them back up to me.

”Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you”


I swallowed and took another deep breath; desperate to keep all my emotions at bay.

”And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Tears stream down on your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down on your face”


I caught Alex’s eye as I read the closing paragraph. The tears in his eyes making them sparkle more than ever. I felt the urge to run over and just hug him.

”Tears stream down on your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down on your face

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you”


I sighed; pleased that that was finished.

“Mr Barakat,” Ms Coleman starts.

“I know,” I turned to her, finally tearing my eyes from Alex. “It was awful. It didn’t match. I know. Just flunk me.”

I walked to my seat and plonked myself down. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Alex smile at me.

“Oh the contrary Jack,” Ms Coleman approached my desk and I looked up. She’s never called me Jack.

“That was just, perfect,” she smiled and I noticed the tears in her eyes. Coleman can smile? “It matched Alex’s poem in every way. The emotion, the heart, the love, the care you put into each and every line. The fluidness of the text. And the rhymes; the rhymes were spectacular. My goodness. Well done. I never would of thought that something like that could come from you, Jack. You two seem to be the only ones that understood this assignment.”

“Thank you,” I smiled to her.

I turned to Alex finally. He was biting down on his lip; the tears so evident in those beautiful eyes. I reached for his hand under the table and laced my fingers through his. He flopped himself against me; his head on my shoulder.

“Thank You Jack,” he whispered.

“You’re more than welcome.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, there you go. The poem.
Thank you to Coldplay for writing something that fits this story so bloody perfectly.
Thank you for all the comments on the last few chapters
can i have some more? :)
what'd you think?

also. for those of you that havent read it, check out my jalex one shot. :) "Why Didn't I?"

AND!

check out my blog and click follow if you want. i post links to updates and such on there. "clicky for my tumblr"