Status: Back in business. Please read second authors note added to the 'Info" section of this story.

Head on Collision

Currents Convulsive

Alex’s POV

I settled the cup of tea my mum had brought me on top of the novel I was supposed to be reading for English and stared down at the Spanish homework in front of me. I sniffed and groaned. Stupid cold. I pulled two tissues from the box that sat to my left and blew my nose into them; discarding the tissue onto the floor afterward. I sipped the tea slowly.

My phone started to vibrate; the lyrics of Josie blasting through my room. I shook my head at how load the tune sounded before picking up my phone to see who was calling. The number was one I didn’t recognise. I sniffed again in an attempt to make my voice sound as normal as possible and hit answer

“Hello?”

“Alex?”

“Oh hey Zack,” I smiled at the sound of his voice. Surprisingly I missed him today.

“It’s Jack,” Zack started and I smiled again at the name of my boyfriend. “It’s serious.”

“What’d he do?” I laughed before coughing; choking on the giggle that erupted from inside me

“Alex,” Zack continued.

I noted the tone of his voice and I sat up straighter in my chair.

“What happened?” I questioned.

“The paramedics said for you to meet us at the hospital,” he told me down the phone.

“Hospital? What? Why?” I was suddenly angry at being left in the dark. “Fucking tell me what happened Zack.”

There were muffled voices and sounds coming through the phone and I strained my ears to make out something. I heard Zacks voice crack as he spoke to someone; telling them that I was upset; angry. Of course I was fucking angry. No one was telling me what was going on with my boyfriend. I was close to screaming down the phone when I heard a door close and another voice came on to the line

“Hey man. It’s Rian.”

“Can you please tell me what’s going on?” I begged him.

“Jack’s been beat up,”Rian told me and I felt my breath catch in my throat. “We don’t know who by but when we found him he was pretty messed…”

I didn’t let Rian finished. I hung up the phone; dropping my phone to the floor. I swallowed.

“Mum!” I screamed down stairs; getting up as quickly as my cold meds gladdened body would allow. “Mum!”

“What?” my mum called back; appearing in the doorway. “What’s wrong?”

“Jack. Hospital. Now. Please.” I breathed; trying to keep the tears that were threatening to fall at bay.

My mum approached; resting her hands on my shoulders.

“Slowly,” she said. “Repeat.”

“Jack’s been hurt,” I looked up at her through my eye ashes, not letting her see the tears. She didn’t know we were back together yet. “I need to get to the hospital”

“Well, come on then,” she smiled knowingly before heading the way down stairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
well hello my beautiful subscribers.
just a taste of whats yet to come.
There are only a few days until Head on Collision hits it first birthday. can you believe its been a whole year since this all started.
Thank you for sticking by me. you are all amazing.
i love you
comments?
:)