Status: Back in business. Please read second authors note added to the 'Info" section of this story.

Head on Collision

Repercussions

Jack’s POV

I smiled in thank you to Alex as he opened the auditorium door for me and I stepped out into the crowded corridor. I looked over the group of students lining both sides; a few were walking up and down. I even spotted someone stoop own just to pick up a text book someone had dropped. Since when had this school had decent people in it? I felt Alex slip his hand into mine and with another smile he pulled me down towards our lockers.

“Oh! Barakat! There you are!”

I jumped about a mile high at the familiar voice of Dan Dorl; one of Chris’ friends. I nearly shit myself. I knew this was going to happen. I knew they were going to come after me. Fuck. Alex was here too. He was going to get hurt and it’s going to be my fault. Fuck. I instantly felt nauseous. I gripped onto Alex’s hand harder and he stepped in between Dan and I.

“What do you want?” Alex demanded and I saw Dan recoil a bit.

“Dude, sorry,” he held up his hands in surrender. “Um. Mr Chapman wants to see you. You too Gaskarth. I mean. Alex.”

I looked over Alex’s shoulder at Dan. He seemed sincere. I quickly looked to Alex. Dan stepped closer to me.

“It’s about what happened in the locker room,” he told me quietly. “It’s important.”

“Come on Jack,” Alex squeezed my hand.

“But,” I started to protest.

“You’ll want to hear this,” Dan smiled.

Dan turned; leading the way to Mr Chapman’s office and I reluctantly followed as Alex dragged me behind him. I didn’t want this. I didn’t want Mr Chapman to get involved. I didn’t want him pitying me or knowing what had gone down. H wouldn’t be able to do anything. There’s nothing he can do. As I had said to Alex earlier that day; there’s no proof that it was Chris, Riley and his mates that had done this to me.

I looked to Dan who was walking about two feet ahead of Alex and I. had he been there in the locker room? Was he one of the guys who had beaten the shit out of me? Was he only leading me and Alex to where Chris was waiting to finish me off and this time take Alex out too? No. he was actually taking us to Mr Chapman. Dan wasn’t there. I’m almost sure of it.

As we rounded the final corner that led to the principal’s office, I felt Alex squeeze my hand reassuringly. I looked to him briefly. He wore a small smile; his eyes shining in the way only Alex’s did.

We stopped outside Mr Chapman’s office.

“Hey,” Dan told the receptionist. “Mr Chapman told me to go and get Jack and come back.”

“Of course,” she replied. “Go right in.”

With a cautious smile to the receptionist, I followed Dan and Alex into Mr Chapman’s office. He sat in his big leather chair; his hands flying across the keyboard of his computer. Dan knocked gently and he looked up at us.

“Ah! Mr Barakat! How are you feeling?”

Dan smiled; gesturing for me to walk first. I moved slowly and plopped down into one of the chairs. Alex let go of my hand and stood behind my chair. Dan chose to sit too.

“I’m okay,” I told him. “But, I admit, I’d feel better if I knew what this was about.”

“Right,” Mr Chapman smiled. “I see things have been reconciled with Mr Gaskarth?”

I felt Alex lay a careful hand on my shoulder and I turned my head to look up at him. He smiled and dropped a kiss to the top of my head.

“You could say that,” I answered; smiling.

“I’m pleased to hear it,” Mr Chapman continued. “Now. Onto business.”

I grew nervous.

“Mr Dorl here came to me with some information this morning and I wanted to get your side also before I follow necessary procedures.”

“What information?” I asked. M voice was quiet.

“Well…” Mr Chapman started but Dan cut him off.

“Do you mind if I tell him?”

“Go ahead.”

“For the last few days,” Dan turned in his chair to face me. I couldn’t meet his eyes. “Chris has been talking a lot. Gloating and boasting would be the better way to put it about something that happened the week before last. He’s been saying, and I’m not sure if it’s 100% true, that he beat you to a ‘bloody pulp.”

I swallowed thickly. The tears burned in my eyes.

“He said that he put your, and I quote, faggot ass in hospital,” Dan said quietly. “I, I didn’t know whether to be certain. But I know Chris, unfortunately, and he always goes on and on about his conquests for days. I mean. I didn’t know it had happened. If it did I didn’t even know you were gay…”

I shook my head stopping Dan’s train of thought.

Ï don’t know if I am,” I whispered. “I only feel this way about one person. So.”

“But still…” Dan told me quietly. “It’s not a reason to...”

“Wait. So, what Mr Dorl has told me,” Mr Chapman stood and walked around desk; leaning against the front of it in front of Dan and I. “It’s true?”

I nodded wordlessly.

“Yes. It is,” Alex spoke finally; squeezing my shoulder comfortingly. “Jack was left with a concussion that left him unconscious for three days. He had numerous bruises and cuts; most of them he still has.”

Alex moved to sit on the arm of the chair. He pushed m fringe back to reveal the bandage covered stitches that were still on my forehead.

“Show them the bruises Jack,” Alex told me; his voice sure. I looked up to him; letting one of my tears escape.

“Jack,” Mr Chapman said softly. “If what Mr Dorl and Mr Gaskarth are saying is true then this matter must be dealt with. Mr Stanley will most definitely be expelled. As would anyone else that was a part of this.”

With one last look to Alex’s reassuring face I stood up; carefully lifting my t-shirt. If felt Alex shift my hoodie open a little to expose them properly. I had never felt more small and vulnerable in my life. I felt on display. I felt like I was just evidentiary proof of a crime. I bit my lip and cast my eyes anywhere but to the face of my boyfriend and the other people in the room.

“Holy shit,” I heard Dan mutter under his breath.

“Mr Barakat. I wish I you had come to me with this sooner,” Mr Chapman sounded appalled at the state of my bruised and battered body.

Alex took my shirt n his hands and pulled it back down for me. I was shaking. When did I start shaking? Alex slid off the arm into the chair and pulled me down onto his lap. I felt his arms wrap around me and it was amazing how safe I felt in his embrace.

“Now. As I said, this matter will most definitely be dealt with,” Mr Chapman told us. “That is, if you choose it to be.”

“We do,” Alex spoke for me and I had never felt more thankful for him being mine.

“Alright,” he nodded and looked to Dan. I buried my face in Alex’s shoulder. I swallowed back my tears as Alex stroked my back.

“Mr Dorl, would you mind bringing Mr Stanley to me?”

“Riley too,” Alex spoke again. I whispered a few more names into Alex’s ear. “And Jack says Doug, Junior and Mike were there too. But he doesn’t remember them hitting him.”

“And in all due respect Mr Chapman,” Dan spoke up. “I’d rather have nothing to do with any of them.”

“Very well,” Mr Chapman continued. “I’ll fetch them myself. You gentleman may go.”

With a small nod in thanks I got off Alex and followed Dan out the door. Once we got out to the now completely vacated corridor, I grabbed Dan’s arm.

He looked at me; confused.

“Thank you,” I told him quietly.

“No sweat Jack,” he smiled; holding out his hand. I took it and shook it gently. “Bout time that asshole got what was coming to him.”

I heard Alex laugh.

“I never understood why you hung out with him.”

“You know, I don’t either,” Dan shrugged. "Anyway, I’ll see you around you guys.”

“Thanks again, Dan,” Alex told him this time and Dan simply shrugged and smiled.

“Don’t mention it,” he turned and made his way down the corridor.

I swallowed again and grabbed Alex’s hand; tugging him into the bathroom roughly. I couldn’t take it anymore. I just...

“Jack, what…”

I threw my arms around Alex and buried my face in his chest letting out all the stress and upset; everything I had been holding in throughout that meeting with Mr Chapman. I cried in happiness that it was all over and most of all I cried because Alex was mine. All mine and he was here holding me close; whispering to me.

“It’s aright Jack. It’s over,” he rubbed his hand up and down my back and pressed a kiss to my head. “Everything’s going to be okay.”

And for the first time in a week, I truly believed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
an update for my darling subscribers.
meet Dan Dorl. as All Time Low fans, you may be familiar with him. or you may not. he actually does exist, is a close friend tothe boys in All Time Low, and im actually pretty sure Jack lives with him. but anyway. i thought i would bring him into the story. and unfortunately, i dont own him either.

so. Mr Chapman knows. and Alex and Jack are just as mushy as ever.
comments?
i love you!
<3