Status: Back in business. Please read second authors note added to the 'Info" section of this story.

Head on Collision

Something More

Jack’s POV

Before you ask, I’m feeling much better thank you. Knowing that both Chris and Riley were completely out of the picture. Both were expelled the day Dan had dobbed them in for beating the shit out of me. I gazed over to where Rian and Zack were eating. Speaking of Dan; he had sort of become an honorary member of the gang. He hung around with us now; even choosing to help out with our battle of the bands thing. Preparing for something as big and Battle of the Bands was hard. Very hard. We were actual thankful for Dan being there. Amongst practicing, and putting together the tracks completely, Alex was still writing lyrics to something; insisting that it was quite right yet. It didn’t go with the music we had come up with.

Teenage Dirtbag absolutely fucking rocked when we played it together. Alex killed the lyrics; in a good way of course; adding his own spins on everything. As for Lullabies, adding a full band too seemed to make it easier for Alex. It distracts him from what the lyrics were about. It was a good thing I guess; but nothing will top him singing it, just him and a piano all that time ago in the auditorium.

“Jack baby,” Alex’s voice came from behind me. I sat on a stool in the middle of Rian’s basement where we had been practicing. I was fiddling with the guitar, trying to nail the riff at the beginning of Alex’s nameless song.

“Mhm,” I hummed and turn to face him.

He smiled at me from behind his fringe. I put my guitar down and grabbed him by his scarf pulling him to me. I stepped between my now spread legs. He rubbed my nose against his and kissed me softly.

I missed being close to him; intimate with him. Every time we would come close to making out or anything of that variety Alex would stop us, insisting on not wanting to rush me into anything. He told me he was ready to go there again; after everything with Jasey. I found it hard to believe. I exhaled and smiled back at him.

“Are you doing anything tonight?” he asked a mischievous grin on his face.

I racked my brain. It was a Tuesday night. A school night. I shook my head.

“Not that I know of, why?” I asked; curious.

“Well, I wanted to know if you wanted to do something special.”

“Why?”

“Well, today marks exactly 7 months since you knocked me down that first time,” Alex told me and I felt myself blush. “And we weren’t together on Valentines. And. Yeah I want to make up for it.”

“I can’t believe you remembered the date I knocked you down the first time,” I ducked my head and Alex kissed me on the forehead.

“Why?’ Alex lifted my chin to look at him. “It’s the day my life changed forever. So, what do you say?”

“Yeah,” I smiled. “What’d you have in mind?’

“Never you mind,” Alex smiled at me again.

“Well, what do I wear?”

“Whatever you want.”

“Where are we going? I want to dress appropriately.”

“Just wear whatever you want Jack.” Alex said kissing me soundly on the lips. “Really.”

“You aren’t going to at least give me a hint?”

“No,” Alex shook his head and laughed softly. “I’ll pick you up at six in my mum’s car.”

He stepped back and moved over to wear his bag and everything was on the couch in the basement.

“Ooh!” I hopped off the stool and followed after him. “So it’s somewhere we have to drive to?”

"Obviously,” Alex laughed. “Just wait Jack.”

I pouted as I watched Alex collect his stuff.

“You’re still going to drive me home aren’t you?” Alex smiled flirtatiously.

I sighed. I couldn’t say no to that.

“I guess.

“Come on,” Alex held out his hand. “I've got some things to do before this date.”

I smiled at the word date. Had Alex and I ever actually had a proper date? One where we went somewhere just the two of us. I don’t think we had. I grinned to myself, earning a strange look from Alex.

“We’ll see you guys tomorrow,” Alex called to the others and they waved him off.

As Alex dragged me up the stairs and out to my car I couldn’t help but think, where the hell is he taking me?
♠ ♠ ♠
two in two days. woo!
so here we go. just a filler really. nothing too exciting.
comments? :)