Status: Back in business. Please read second authors note added to the 'Info" section of this story.

Head on Collision

Night Shades

Jack’s POV

“so, we’re opening with Teenage Dirtbag right?” i asked the room; looking up from my seat on the floor.

We all sat around Rian’s basement. Well, i was sitting around. The others were packing up some of the second gear we had managed to buy from some hock shop. As well as checking and rechecking that we had everything we need fro the performance at battle of the bands from a list that Alex made a few days prior. Three guitar cases. One mine, two Alex’s. A hard case storing Zack’s bass. As well as amps, and Rian’s own cymbals for the kit. To say he was pissed about having to use the schools kit was an understatement. All of the stuff sat neatly at the bottom of the stairs out of the basement.

I shifted my gaze between the guys. Rian was counting leads; making sure there was enough for each guitar; Zack checked the buckles of the cases, securing them if necessary. Alex sat kneeling by the power point; plugging in the leads from the amps to ensure each was working properly.

I kept my eyes on Alex; smiling ever so slightly. Ever since that day when i went to his house on the anniversary of Daniels passing, there was something a little lost about Alex. He was a little quieter, a little more secluded, withdrawn. Except for when he was with me. He looked over to me briefly and smiled a little; something sparkling in the corner of his eye.

he pulled the plug from the amp and picked it up placing it against the wall with the others.

“Yes Jack,” Zack finally answered; standing up himself and crossing his arms. “For the hundredth time. We are opening with Teenage Dirtbag. Next its that song that doesn’t have a title yet..”

Zack trailed off and glared a little at Alex who shrugged in response.

“...and then we’re closing with Lullabies. Got it?”

“Yeah. Yeah,” i laughed a little. “Got it. Is everything all packed up.”

“Sure is,” Rian grinned.

“No thanks to you lazy bones,” Alex teased, throwing a cushin in my direction.

“Hey,” i frowned. “i helped. I put my guitar in its case.”

“And?” Zack pushed sarcastically.

“I bought you guys picks!” i smiled trimupanhtly and Alex smiled at me. “There! I contributed! Now no more smart ass remarks.”

“Whatever,” Zack shrugged amd checked his watch. “Im hungry. And its getting late. Im out; catch you guys tomorrow.”

He picked up his skate board and started up the stairs before stopping and stooping to look over the baister at me.

“Oh. And just remember Jack. We’re meeting at Rian’s tomorrow at 4.”

“He knows Zack,” Alex smiled; walking over and standing beside me. I smiled up at him; realizing i was still on the floor. “I’ll get him there.”

“Good,” he nodded once before grinning. “See ya guys.”

I watched him walk away up the stiars before looking up Alex again.

“Do you want to go too?” i asked and he smiled down at me.

“Yeah, maybe,” he stepped in front of me and held out his hands; grabbing mine and pullign me to my feet.

“Alright Rian,” Alex smiled at him. “we’re off too. See you tomorrow.”

“see ya guys,” Rian called after us as we made our way up the stairs. “Dont forget 4 pm!”

“i get it i get it!” i called out to him.

as we reached the front door, we called out our goodbyes to Rians mom and made our way to my car; climbing in.

the drive was slow, and uneventful. I stole a glance at Alex sitting in the passeneger seat. His hands wringing together; biting his lip.

“You okay?” i asked softly; pulling to a stop at a red light.

he looked up at me a little startled and i laughed a little.

“Where’d you go? It was like you were miles away.”

“I. I was. I was just thinking about tomorrow night,” he told me looking back down to his hands.

“are you nervous?” i asked a little cheekily.

“whats there to be nervous about?” he rolled his eyes. “we’re playing live for the first time as a band. And i don’t count playing in front of our parents. Im singing in fornt of people for the first time since...i don’t even remember...”

“and you’re laying it all out there,” i reminded him. “with lullabies i mean.’

“yeah. I was trying not to think about that,” he lifted his head to look out the windscreen and sighed. “im just glad my mom and dad cant come. I wouldn’t. I don’t want them to see that. Really.”

“you’re going to be great Lex,” i smiled. “we’re awesome. And you know it.”

“i guess....”

“No you guess. We are,” i pulled away form the lights again. “even though Zack’s pissed that you haven’t perfected that song yet...”

he laughed and i caught him watching me out of the corner of my eye.

“Yeah. It’ll be done,” he grinned. “i promise.”

we fell into silence again.

“about lullabies, no one does know what it means,” i heard the nerves in Alex’s voice now. “So, people wont say anything right...”

“It’s not too late to change the line up,” i offered. “we could do The Party Scene or something instead.”

“No,” he shook his ehad. “I think Zack would kill me. I’ll do it. We’ll get through.”

i pulled the car into Alex’s drive way and killed the engine. I watched as he climbed out of the car and i followed him up to the door; sliding each of my hand sinto his.

“You’ll be amazing Lex,” i pressed a kiss to his lips softly. “i know you will be.”

“How?” h asked in a quiet voice.

“Because everything you do is magic,” i smiled. “everything you touch turns to gold.”

He smiled and blushed a little; kissing me softly.

“You wanna come in?” he smirked a little and cocked his head to the side.

"On one condition"

he looked at me curiously.

"whats that?"

"Be my date for prom?" i smiled up at him.

his face lit up and he grinned.

"really? you. you want to go to prom with me?"

"No. i want to go with Zack," i shook my head. "of course i want to go with you. i. i love you."

"yes! in that case! yes! id love to go with you," he leaned up and kissed me quickly on the lips. "and i love you too!"

"so, is that invitation to come in still open?"

Alex licked his lips and opened the front door; pulling me through behind him and kicking the door shut..
♠ ♠ ♠
Its shit. and its a filler and im sorry!
its been so so so long since i updated. and thank you to all the people hounding me in my tumblr ask box for an update because you made me write this.
ive had so much going on. the old company i worked for went out of business, then i found another job and i hated it so i quit and now i found another once and im having training soon and its been all too hectic so Head On Collision fell down in my priorities.
please comment. even if it is to yell at me. :)

BY THE WAY
theres HOC's only 12 comments away from 1000 comments! and thats huge!