Status: Back in business. Please read second authors note added to the 'Info" section of this story.

Head on Collision

This Is How We Do

Jack’s POV

Climbing on the bus as usual, I wasn’t surprised when I didn’t find Alex on board. I walked towards the back this time; plonking down on a vacant seat two seats from the back row. I smirked back at Chris Stanley. He sat with a white plaster over the top of his nose; dark purple bruises were under his eyes and across the top of his cheek. I smiled to myself and turned back to the front of the bus; pulling out my iPod and choosing to listen to Five For Fighting’s track, Superman. I stuck my head phones in my ears and slid the iPod into my jeans pocket; crossing my arms over my black hoodie clad chest.

I chewed the inside of my lip and stared out the window. I was nervous about seeing Alex today. We had been so, mushy yesterday; almost as if we were a couple. I was worried that I had scared him off. I don’t know which way he swings; heck, I don’t know which way I swing. I know I like chicks, but I guess when it comes to some guys, I can’t help but be somewhat attracted to them. I shrugged to myself. I’ve got nothing against different sexualities; it just scared me to be thinking such things about a guy I’ve only just met. Not to mention we’re kind of opposites. He’s so neat and tidy; polite and smart; clean cut and a perfectionist. I’m just, not. Any of those things. I’m messy, rude, I swear, I can be polite, sometimes, I’m a mess when it comes to my appearance; I hardly even do my hair. He’s so, handsome, in a way and when he smiled at me yesterday, my heart beat double in pace. It scared the shit out of me when he was so close. I just wanted to hold his hand; it’s so soft. Maybe he was interested in me that way; maybe he liked what he saw when he saw me. Who am I kidding? I’m nothing; nothing but Jack Barakat. He’s everything.

I sighed as the bus pulled up outside of school. Maybe Alex wouldn’t show today. Maybe he wouldn’t bring up how damn cuddly we had been yesterday. Maybe, if he did show he would just ignore me. That’d work; just ignore the situation entirely. Or maybe, he would be even more cuddly. Maybe he would just carry on from yesterday with the cuddly, boyfriend type behaviour. I stood up and followed the cue off the bus; keeping my iPod going in both ears until I reached the driver; thanking from the usual, fast, smelly and unsafe trip. I stuck the headphone back in as I approached the building; walking up the stairs watching my feet. I looked up when my toes touched linoleum; finding Zack and Rian standing by their lockers as they always did. I walked towards them; pulling one headphone free from my ear and sticking it down the front of my hoodie. I rolled my sleeves up; the humidity of the hallway hitting me like a brick wall.

“Morning,” Rian smiled.

“Sup dude?” Zack grinned; holding up his hand for a high five.

I obliged and nodded in direction of Rian in reply to his morning.

“You alright?” Rian asked. “You look like shit.”

“Thanks man,” I muttered.

I turned to my locker; entering the combination and stuffing my backpack inside; pulling out my English text book. I turned back to my friends as they compared lunch sandwiches; leaning against the locker on my shoulder.

“Jack, man,” Zack started. “Is that, that Alex kid?”

I turned around slowly; scanning the hallway for what Zack was talking about. My eyes fell on a figure walking directly towards me. It sure looked like Alex; except, well everything about his appearance. He smiled as he approached; stopping in front of me. I scanned his frame. He wore his beanie from the first day; a light grey one. He had on a black v-neck t-shirt, teamed with a camouflage print hoodie; he had the hood up. As I traveled downwards, I smiled at the black skinny jeans he was wearing and the pristine converses that donned his feet. I looked back up to his face; even his hair was darker. He popped his gum.

“What do you think?” Alex asked; catching my eyes.

“Wow,” I exhaled in shock. Oh my god.

“We’ll leave you to it, mate,” Zack slapped me on the back. “See you in maths.”

“Yeah, yeah,” I waved him off.

“You look way different,” I managed. “Like, good different. Really good.”

I watched Alex as he smiled and blushed; lowering the hood off his head and pulling off his beanie. He tousled the hair at the back of his head and smoothed his fringe over his face; out of his eyes. His hair was shorter too.

“You dyed your hair,” I stated the obvious.

“You said to change it up a bit,” Alex shrugged and turned to his locker four down from mine. I stepped up to meet him. “I thought; why not change a little more than a bit?”

“You changed a lot more than a bit, Lex,” I stated; admittedly checking him out.

“You do like it don’t you?” Alex looked at me; his eyes suddenly worried. "You invoked the change after all."

“Oh, yes,” I nodded quickly. “I like it. I really like it. You look great. Fantastic. Um.”

I couldn’t help but stare at him. He looked absolutely fantastic; from the hair to the jeans, from the t-shirt to the brand new converses. He looked amazing from top to toe. Can I say he's hot, because he looked really fucking hot?

“Nice jeans by the way,” I smirked.

“Thanks,” Alex smiled at me with that smile from yesterday.

“You know,” I started. “Since I met you, I’ve seen so many different smiles.”

“How do you mean?” Alex pulled out his English book and closed the locker door.

“I mean, you’ve got different smiles,” I told him.

“Example?”

“Well, just then, when you blushed that smile, with like only a little of your teeth showing,” I explained. “Then your ‘nervous smile,’ like yesterday after I hit Chris. It’s like a half smile. And there's your grin when you’re happy and the one where you were explaining about your brother. You have so many.”

“How do you notice these things?” Alex asked me.

“I don’t know,” I shrugged; suddenly embarrassed. “Um. I just, notice them.”

“Don’t take this the wrong way, but, that’s sort of cute,” Alex smiled at me; a different smile.

“How could I take that the wrong way?” I smiled.

“Jack Barakat. Please report to the principal’s office,” a voice boomed over the pa. “Jack Barakat. Principal’s office immediately.”

“Shit,” I muttered; looking at the ground. There went my good mood.

I saw Alex's hand come near my face and he lifted my chin. He looked in my eyes. My heart started beating; faster than ever before. I swallowed.

“I’ll see you in English,” he bit his lip and smiled that smile again. “You bad boy.”

He turned on his heal and walked slowly away from me. I watched him go. I recognized that smile now. Everyone has a smile like that. it was a flirty smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright. It's short. I'm sorry.
But i hope you all like it.
53 subscribers?
You are all amazing.
Make me smile and leave me a comment. :)
word count; 1252