Status: Back in business. Please read second authors note added to the 'Info" section of this story.

Head on Collision

Hit The Lights

Jack’s POV

What? What the fuck? Thats what the surprise song was? Thats the song that Alex has been ‘writing’ all this time? Walls? The song i wrote during my suspension after our fight in the cafeteria. The song that brought us back together. Fucking Walls. The cheeky little bastard. Alex smiled over at me from his position behind his microphone.

“Let’s do this,” he grinned back at the crowd now and i heard Rian count us in with his sticks. That’s my cue.

I started playing the intro before moving into the verse riff that i had been practicing all this time. I still cant believe that he managed to keep this from me this whole time. That he kept the song. I didn't think much of it until it brought us back together. But to know that he made it into an actual song; to know that he put it to music, learnt the lyrics. Did Zack and Rian know? Or did he keep this all from them too? I smiled as Alex started singing the lyrics, the words to the poem i wrote. he was singing something i wrote. this was incredible.

Hey there it's good to see you again,
It never felt right calling this "just friends".
I'm happy, if you're happy, with yourself.


His voice made it so much better. Alex’s voice gave tit the passion i only imagined when i was writing it all down, all the things i was thinking and feeling.

Take off your shirt, your shoes,
those skinny jeans I bought for you.


Alex looked over at me and winked. i just shook my head in disbelief. he always did like that line.

Its happening, there's nothing left to lose.

I'm gonna break down these walls, I built around myself.
I wanna fall so in love, with you, and no one else,
Could ever mean half as much, to me as you do now.
Together we'll move on, just don't turn around,
Let the walls break down.


Zack was singing harmony. That asshole. The whole being pissed at Alex thing for not finishing the song was all an act. I glanced over at Rian as the next verse started to find him grinning at me. If i wasn't playing the guitar right now i would flip him off.

I used to wear you like a ball and chain,
I'd run and hide at the call of my name.
It was obvious you were too much for me.
Oblivious, I was young and horny.


He shrugged as he sung ‘horny’ and people in the audience laughed. He was such a performer. He had the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand.

In retrospect, I wouldn't do it again.
Stop talking shit to every one of your friends
I'm not the same boy you knew back then...

'Cause I can break down these walls, I built around myself.
I wanna fall so in love, with you, and no one else,
Could ever mean half as much, to me as you do now.
Together we'll move on, just don't turn around,
Let the walls break


The tone of the song changed. It got deeper, faster, angrier. I didn't know that Alex could sing like that. I love it. It was perfect for how i was feeling when this song was written. It was like he understood exactly.

I can't breathe, my body's shaking.
You've got a way with the way you take me,
'Cause you break me down,
You know you break me down…


We moved into the solo. Alex’s solo on the guitar. He went and leaned against Zack, back to back. I couldn't believe we hadn't rehearsed this song as a band. Or maybe they had. i coolant be mad about it. I was too fucking proud. Alex walked back over to his microphone stand as the song slowed down. He pulled it free and wandered over to me; the smile on his face contagious.

I'm gonna break down these walls, I built around myself.
I wanna fall so in love, with you, and no one else,


He popped the mic back into its stand and started playing his guitar again. i couldn't help but watch him. He was so fucking good at this.

Could ever mean half as much, to me as you do now.
Together we'll move on, just don't turn around,
Let the walls break down.

Break down these walls, I built around myself.
Let the walls break down.
'Cause you break me down,
Let the walls break down.


My final riff and the song ended and the crowd burst into applause. Alex shrugged his shoulder nonchalantly and looked over at me.

“Well?” he mouthed.

“That was better then i could have ever imagined it sounding,” i told him honestly and he blushed. i pressed a kiss to his cheek. “Absolutely fucking brilliant.”

“Thank you Jack,” he looked up at me biting his lip before turning to the crowd.

“Thank you! Thank you!” he said to them; you could hear the elation. “This is our last song. It’s usually sung a lot slower. I wrote it with just a note book and my piano but we thought for a competition such as this we needed something a little more, rocky. Don’t let the title fool you. This ones got a deeper meaning, it means a lot to me. This ones called Lullabies.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright alright alright.
continuing with their battle of the bands competition, heres Walls.
as soon as i wrote it in to the story like 30 or so chapters ago i knew id be making it into a song sung for BotB.
these last two chapters have been pretty short.
the next one will be longer i promise.
catch you in the comments!
<3