Status: Back in business. Please read second authors note added to the 'Info" section of this story.

Head on Collision

The Irony Of Choking On A Lifesaver

Jacks POV

i stared down at the bully that has made my life a living hell for the past four years. Christ fucking Stanley. he bullies me for years, puts me in fucking hospital and now he’s going after Alex.

“Weren’t you expelled Stanley?” Rian sneers as the lights return to the stage. “Why don't you just leave?”

“I’ll fucking go when i finish Dawson,” he smirked.

I looked around at the auditorium. Where are all the fucking teachers? I kew Mr. Chapman was here, Mrs Coleman too. Where the fuck were they?

“Now i do believe i asked Gaskarth a question.”

I felt Alex grip my hand even tighter then before. His palm was sweaty. i could feel how hard his heart was beating.

“What happened?” Chris continued; talking up closer to the stage. He stopped beside his group of friends, the ones that weren't expelled but merely suspended for taking part in kicking the shit out of me. He high five one of them. “Big bro couldn't stand the fact that his brother was a fucking homo? Ashamed to be seen with such a fag? Or was he a fucking homo himself?”

“Stop,” Alex whispered.

I looked over at my boyfriend. His face was ashen. For fucks sakes where are the teachers? Why isn't anyone doing…

“Cut it out Chris!” Zack snapped. “Fuck off. you aren't welcome here anymore. Thus the expulsion. Leave!!”

Zack put his bass down and made a move to jump off the stage. Alex grabbed his arm.

“Don’t,” Alex shook his head and Zack looked at him dumbfounded. “He’s not worth you getting expelled too.”

“Why am i asking?” Chris’ tirade went on. “I already know the answer. He killed himself because you were better then him at everything.”

Alex’s head snapped up to look at Chris. What the fuck? How did he know that? he was holding a manila folder.

“Does the name Marcus Dover ring a bell?”

“Who is Marcus Dover?” I asked Alex. he was shaking now. i knew that tremble. he was trying so hard not to fucking lose it. Not to break down in tears or jump down their and try and beat the shit out of Chris. Ive seen both; directed at me.

“Oh Barakat,” Chris started and i looked up at the sounded of my name. “He was Gaskarth's older brothers best friend. Turns out I got a cousin that went to your high school over in England. A cousin who is good mates with Marcus. Who told my cousin everything.”

I wanted to punch the smirk right off Chris’ face.

“Why are you doing this? Alex all but whispers.

“Mr Stanley!” Mr Chapman’s voice sounded from the back of the auditorium. Thank god. “I must ask you to leave immediately.

“I will, sir,” Chris smiled a smile that i can guarantee he thought was sweet. He was mistaken. “I’m nearly done.”

He walked to the stars at the side of the stage.

“Well these guys are you friends right?” he gestured to the crowd. To the students that have watched Alex grow into the person he is, the people that yes he did consider friends. “Don't you think they have a right to know that one of their 'friends' basically killed their brother?”

“No,” Alex shook his head.

“Quit it Chris!” i spoke up. “You’ve said enough!”

“Shut it Jack-off,” He lunged at me and i hated myself for jerking backwards.

I felt so powerless. i couldn't do anything to make this stop.

“Yes Gaskarth you're the reason Daniel's dead.”

“No he was sick,” Alex kept shaking his head. I could hear the disbelief. He kept his eyes trained on the floor. He was shaking even more now. I watched him cave in on himself. “He, Daniel,” Alex’s voice cracked at the sound of Daniels name. “He was seeing a councillor he wasn't happy. Hadn't been for ages I…”

“And you just couldn't help by rub it in that everything came so naturally to you. You never had to try,” Chris got right up in Alex’s face. To his credit, Alex looked up, made eye contact with the asshole. He let go of my hand and stepped up eye to eye with him. He was trying so hard; trying to not let Chris have this victory. “You didn't care. You watched your own brother lose himself and then kill himself. You're the reason he'd dead!”

Chris grabbed Alex’s mic of the stand and faced the crowd.

“Do you really want to share this school, your classrooms, your hallways with a killer? He's probably a suicide risk himself,” Chris sniggered and looked back at Alex. he crossed his arms; his facial expression reading like a ‘well? now what.?

I turned my attention to my boyfriend, who's eyes hadn't left Chris’s face. I watched as he bit his lip, and took a deep breath. He was going to say something. I could see it; it was written all over his face that he wanted to speak up.

Alex pulled his guitar off and lay it at his feet. He closed his eyes before shaking his head.

“Come on Alex,” someone in the crowd shouted. “Speak up!”

Alex looked out the crowd then before shaking his head, waling to the edge of the stage and jumping down.

“You're going to need something a little higher than that Gaskarth,” Chris jeered.

“Alex!” I yelled after him
♠ ♠ ♠
HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY HEAD ON COLLISION!

five years ago i started this journey. five bloody years.
with hiatus' and lengthy waists and some questionable content, you guys have stuck by me and you have no idea just how much i appreciate it.
i promise you this will not get to six years before it is completed.
im going to do it for you guys and for myself.
thank you guys so much!

(p.s. i wish that this chapter was a happy go lucky celebratory birthdayish type chapter but alas, its a heartbreaker. dont hate me!)